Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Serato Controller NEW MIDI CONTROLLER!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

http://www.numark.com/seratocontroller

This should be rather interesting. Just right up my alley for what I've been waiting. They CLAIM HIGH SPEED Double Precision Midi control. Could this be the midi controller that scratch dj's have been waiting for??

Posté Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 10:19 am
It looks nice but a real scratch dj sticks to his 1200s.. This is for the mobile or bedroom dj because of its portability.

Posté Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 9:44 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Caliente on what planet do you live?
a real scratch dj =1200s lol
do you believe in progress?
Vinyl is such a poor technology prone to so many problems.
Is like if you fly an f/a18 or a 787 you are not a real pilot 'cause is flying by wire with computer assistance?
Is a new century my friend, is not 80's anymore, vinyl is dying, TCV is making the agony less painfull and the transition smoother, you should get a reality check.
The future of scratching is sample scratching, you should look in to the new trend of controllerism, in fact sample scratching was around for years due to Akai's mfcs and was used to produce most of the new hip hop tracks, but now is available with ease of use to live djs too.

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 12:58 am
MSRP is estimated at $2000 =(

i just dropped $1k on some new 1200mk5s

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 9:11 am
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
so if the msrp is 2000 it will sell for around 1500 which if you want that kind of thing is not bad

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 4:02 pm
Who every said about using Music vinyl................ what planet are you from. Instead of jumping to conclussions or assuming, Who's the one that doesnt know what hes talking about now..? it sure isnt me....................... A real dj still uses his 1200s.. You never seen djs use time coded vinyl for his 1200s ? Only djs that cant scratch use sample scratching? Scratching is an art and the feel of using the 12 inch vinyl is alot better than a 7 inch wheel on the NS7. The NS7 is a portable setup that looks nice.
This setup is just like 2 pioneer cdjs or the denons without the usb. The turntables are still preffered more.........

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 11:25 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Caliente, my friend, the one that doesn't know what is talking about is definitely you, it looks like your comprehension capabilities are in denial mode, so I will brake it down for you.
You said:" a real dj uses his 1200s" - which implies playing vinyl no matter if is music or time code, the pick up technology at the base of vinyl media is flawed and ancient, so the 1200s no matter if they are mk5 are inheriting the same problems.

Your statement can also be understood as of: if you are not using vinyl, you are not a real dj - this is a total load of sh...

I assure you that many of the djs that are sample scratching know how to do it with the vinyl too, but is one thing they can not duplicate in the digital scratching realm and that is the accidental scratching when you bump in to your 1200s (not to mention loosing tracking , getting feedback distortion, no wonder you are loosing time code signal) and they can't make the disk wobble, but they can sample it.

I dare to contradict you about how different is the feel of 12 inch vinyl compared with the ns7's 7 inch power wheel, just because you have not touched the ns7 yet.

In my own personal experience whenever I presented a Dj with a choice to use the vinyl TC or the cd TC with a scratching cd player they preferred the cd player because it is more precise and faster then vinyl, the size of the platter(5") didn't matter, because the actually hand and finger movements during scratching are not that ample, they were able to scratch as well as with the vinyl, but with less stress which made it more enjoyable.

So my friend I can accept that you like vinyl more and you may be good at it, but please do not generalize and say “a real scratch dj sticks to his 1200s” say that you and maybe few other djs prefer to scratch on 1200s and others don’t but they are as real as you are and they can scratch pretty well without 1200s and if scratching is an art it doesn’t matter how you do it as long as the result is comparable

Posté Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 2:37 am
All I said was that a real scratch dj uses his 1200s. In english it means that , those that like scratching preffer to use technics. If you are not a scratching dj, then dont argue with someone that knows. I am not a bedroom dj my friend. I dj in clubs and private events. Argue with the other memebers that have record icons next to their name and tell them that you said....... Vinyl is flawed and ancient. tell virtual dj to stop sell vinyl.

Posté Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 6:57 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
All I said was that a real scratch dj uses his 1200s. In english it means that , those that like scratching preffer to use technics. If you are not a scratching dj, then dont argue with someone that knows. I am not a bedroom dj my friend. I dj in clubs and private events. Argue with the other memebers that have record icons next to their name and tell them that you said....... Vinyl is flawed and ancient. tell virtual dj to stop sell vinyl.

Hi Caliente 123, I am a old school dj as you can see in my profile I used to use turntables, and i love them, but you have to go with the technology if not you are stuck i mean i love scratch with 1200's but the technology still runing so be glad we still have our vinyls, but be advised that the future is here...peace..

regards

dj Quintana

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 1:25 pm
I agree with you Julio :)

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 12:01 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
calliente, the term is 'turntablist' and they prefer use vestax (or something of similar design) decks because the torque is higher and it's a straight arm for a more direct counterforce when scratching. im sure you've seen DMC competitions, but thats because Technics sponsors it so of course they use them.

new things develop, turntablists will use the NS7 if they find it to be of good quality. you of course have a right to your own opinion but please refrain from insulting other people and lecturing them on 'english'. (ad hominem and red herring)

Posté Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 1:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)