Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet This Girl Needs Help!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello all.. stupid question... ok, I tried splitting the headphones, so that one input went into the mixer, and one into my laptop... it sounded like crap most of the time at the bar. so I switched to USB , from my laptop into the mixer (usb supported) and it sounds fine..

I can't get my headphones to cue up the other track... :( and it's just crappy when you can't hear the next song you are cueing up..

do I need a new soundcard or something?? help pls??

what do I need? where do I get it?

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 8:43 am
Ok so if you connect your laptop to your mixer via USB, that means you must be using your mixer's built in sound card for audio, this then free's up the headphone socket on your laptop to be used as a cue channel for VDJ.

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 8:56 am
obviously i tried that.. it wasnt working.. maybe the config I had was wrong? i dont know :(

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 8:58 am
DJKoolzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I not sure the tye of mixer you are using but seems to me the problem is with your config.

On the config screen, how is your OUTPUT setup? If you have selected the default then it is not going to work. Select dual cards, available only on the Pro version. This will give you the choice of selecting the LIVE and Cue sound setup.

Hope this helps

Koolz

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 10:53 am
thanks koolz.. not sure the type of mixer.. when i put it to two cards option... i'm gonna use the usb cord.. from my laptop into the mixer..

then just use my regular headphone jack (front of laptop) ? is this right?? is that two sound cards? or do I have to buy a certain usb sound card? god this is so confusing..sorry

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 11:19 am
DJKoolzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That is right. With the two sound card option, you can select the USB mixer as the main output or live and select the Laptop sound card for your cue.

If I know the mixer model number and name I can help you even further. For now, you can try this setting and let me know if this works, then I can help you with setting the mixer as your live and cue channel.

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 8:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)