Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Before I Buy....

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been satisfied using NI Traktor for the past several years until I tried VDJ a few months ago and needless to say, I was quite impressed with the features and it ease of use. I downloaded the demo with full intentions to buy however I seem to be having an issue with VDJ and my BCD3000 as well as my M-Audio Trigger Finger MIDI controller.

Any time I turn a knob/fader on the BCD or Trigger Finger, there is this "farty/rumbling" noise that is quite noticeable. As I browsed through the forums here, I found a few posts with what seems like the same issue however it was blamed on using cracked software, however I am using the demo which was downloaded from THIS website. I sent an email to customer service here last Friday but I still haven't received a response back, so that's why I'm posting this here.

Basically, before I purchase VDJ online, I want to make sure that this "farty/rumbling" is perhaps a known issue with a simple remedy or if it's perhaps a demo limitation.

Thanks in advance.

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 5:17 pm
Not a demo limitation no.

I'm not sure why some a crack version is to blame, thats of course not the case either ;)

It must be something with the BCD3000 unfortunately, as both BCD2000 and BCD3000 are very poorly made, and super sensitive to interupts.
Could you try the trigger finger from m-audio with other soundcard and see if problem is gone?

If it only happens with the BCD3000, try a few things in VDJ to see if the software can help mend it :

1) Turn SAFE MODE on in performance tab
2) Try OVERCLOCK both on and off (see what works best)
3) Set latency to AUTO (makes BCD3000 control the latency)

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 5:23 pm
Thanks for the response. Initially, I thought the problem was just with my BCD3000, but even with Trigger Finger, I'm still getting the noise. I'm going to experiment this evening and see if I can't find a viable solution. Thanks again!

Posté Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 12:11 am

Try make higher latency , and safe mode on, in VDJ.
Alternatively, also Overclock on.

(all in Performance tab)

Should fix it

Posté Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 2:01 pm
I had the same problem in the trial version. I fixed it by unchecking 'Safe Mode' and 'Overclock' in the Performances tab.

Hope this helps.

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 3:44 pm
Yup! That fixed it! Many thanks for all the suggestions which led to the solution!

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 11:14 pm

Good to hear it solved :)

Safe mode and Overclock, give different results on different cards/hardware , so its often the part where the user needs to find his best settings.

Posté Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 11:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)