Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet time to upgrade?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hey all..

im using a HP DV 1000 series laptop:

CPU : Centrino 1.7Ghz
RAM : 512 SD
WIN XP
External 160GB HDD (usb)

CD Mixers:

Prodidgy FX all-in-one
Time Code CD's

When playing from the time code cd's, im noticing a very faint distortion in the sound, and i belive the higher bit rate of mp3 the more distortion is happening, the sound is almost like a tape player struggeling or like the sound is under water..

also if i have master tempo turned on, from the cd mixers the time code doesnt work well at all, so i leave that to vdj, but i have tryed the proformance settings on best quality sound and can only play 1 song at a time, but sounds good, and on fastes profomance and sounds average.

any advice? thanks.

Posté Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:44 am
If you are considering upgrading your machine, there are lots of helpful suggestions here in the forums (try searching "specs"). However, if it is an upgrade to your existing machine, I would double the amount of memory that you currently have. This will have an impact on the performance of the system that you have.

Also, set your performance all the way to the left, latency to auto, and untick both safe mode and overclock to see if that helps. You may have to tick either of them again, depending on how it responds. Test it in different configurations with these settings and keep the best balance between performance and quality.

Posté Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 11:20 am
cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thanks for the info.. will try the settings..

Posté Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)