Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Maya44usb low output level :-(((

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

JoriqueHome userMember since 2007
Hello again.
I wonder, is there any way to have a bit more voltage from Maya 44 outputs (higher than the "CONSUMER" -10dB level)? Coz it's becoming annoying having to roll up gain and eq's to 3 o'clock to have normal signal level on DJM800. Makin more gain in VDJ makes distortion, all Windows sliders are at their max.
What do you suggest?
PS. tried on many different laptops, so givin you the configs won't help a bit, I think.
PPPS. VirtualDJ team - you're da bezt! SSL and FS suck! :-)))

Posté Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 8:23 pm
Hi,

Just to check, go to confing in VDJ- Sound setup- ASIO config- then click the tab with the volume sliders on. The right-hand pair are the output level, and should be at the top.

Also, in the VDJ, make sure that the in the "options" tab, the autogain is set to "auto+remember". That way, you can adjust the gain in vdj and it will remember it for next time. I think it automatically sets the gain to 0dB by default.

Be careful not to set the gain in vdj too high, or it will distort the sound though. I think I've managed to increase the gain to about +4dB in VDJ without too much distortion. You've just got to be very careful with the gain knob in vdj, it goes REALLY high, and that's where distortion comes in.

I've used the maya with the pioneer DJM 500 at the club, and it is definately quite low, but I can make the maya reach 0dB on the mixer's pfl meters quite happily without having to alter the Eqs on the mixer. That's easily enough since the mixer has plenty of power on the master output fader.

If none of that has helped enough, then I think you need a new sound card, or some kind of pre-amp to plug in between your soundcard and your mixer.

Posté Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 4:50 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
silly question, but do you have the attenuation button on? this would drop your output without sounding like there was an obvious reason for it

Posté Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 11:37 am
JoriqueHome userMember since 2007
2AndyTailor125: It seems to be quite difficult to get maya's signal level equally high, in comparsion with CDJ 1000...
2Paz75: no attenation buttons anywhere in the chain.
Anyway, in da second club, I have the same setup (DJM800, CDJ 1000, SL1210), but use a PCI (with a breakout box) M-audio Delta1010 in stationary computer - and everything seems perfect, signal from Delta is 1,5 times higher, than from CDJs...
I don't wanna buy another soundcard, coz Maya is a good one... But where can I find 4-channel preamp for it? To be not too big and to work with 5V DC?

Posté Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 12:04 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)