Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Windows Folders to Determine Albums

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi guys,

I just had an idea that may be able to make VirtualDJ more versatile when it comes to searching (or sorting) by albums. In theory, this could work with artists as well, but as the ID3 tags (or whatever the software uses to read wma's) are able to read artists perfectly fine.

I use Napster (I know that this isn't ideal, but for a person on a bit of a tight budget, ya can't really go wrong with unlimited downloads for only a few bucks a month), and I've noticed that VDJ doesn't read album information correctly. My Napster folder (iTunes gives you this option as well, as may other media players) is categorized so that all music is in a folder that is in the following format:

Drive:\...\Napster\*ARTIST*\*ALBUM*\

So here's my suggestion: Could a way be devised so that VDJ can load the album name from knowing the folder location of the sound file?

I'm not sure if this problem is exclusively with Napster (and VDJ somehow not reading the information) or even if it's just my setup.

I'm also not sure if this feature exists anywhere, and if it does, I would appreciate it very much if anyone could direct me to how this could be setup.

Anyway, thanks very much in advance, and I hope that this may be a useful topic!

Chris

Posté Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 9:35 pm
virtual dj already reads album from the id3 tag.

the problem is that sometimes the napster files themselves do not have the album name.

right click on the "title" or "artist" and enable the view of "album" or just click on "order" and set it up how ever you want.

Posté Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 1:29 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)