Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Issues with TCCDS( Stability AND Pitch Control)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am having issues with the timecoded cds. I would like very much to use them in our club venues with virtual dj, but they are just not reliable it seems. I have burned both both the professional and consumer one. The professional one seems to be the one that works, but they are VERY sporadic, in that they rarely give 100% and when they do, it will all of a sudden go to 0% in under 5 minutes. In addition, when i move the pitch control ont he cd players, it will take a good 10-15 seconds to move on the program. In addition, the pitch control on the program never mattches the pitch on the cd players. I am having these issues with my icdx cd players. I know that they are direct controllers, but i am trying to get more comfortable with using timecoded cds for when when have to do gigs in clubs and cant carry our own decks

Please help

Can you please advise on what steps or settings I can take to alleviate these porblems and get the TCCD's working up to par

Thanks in advance

Posté Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 6:52 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which sound card do you use?

Posté Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 7:12 pm
maya 44 usb

Posté Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 8:54 pm
DJFocus,

heres some advice. One thing is, list the specs of the pc your trying to run vdj on.
Second, your setup.

And I'll explain exactly how to fix it to the best of my knowledge. I'm also a TCCD user, so I'm familiar with what it sounds like its going on.

Also as for the pitch on the cdj or my bad, the actual turntables the best thing to do in my opinion is use the pitch on the program, which becomes a neiussance, but also try running in absolute mode and see if that might help when controlling the pitch control. Finally if all else fails, just do automatic bpm,
but anyways, if you can post up the answers to those two questions, i'll be able to see what you need to do.

Best regards,
JC

Posté Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 4:39 pm
DJ jc,

Thanks for the help..here are my comp specs

Laptop-Dell inspiron 9100 with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU with 2.80GHz/1 gig of ram/ Windows Xp Edition

2 Numark ICDX's

A Rane TTM57 Mixer

Maya 44usb Soundcard

Any setting suggestions to get my TCCD's up and running

Posté Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 11:16 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi DJFocus,

Configuration used:
1)Maya 44 USB
2)2 CDJ100S Pioneer
3)Mixer djm300s
4)2 timecode cd cdj100
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html
5)driver Maya 2.8.1.11
http://www.esi-audiotechnik.com/download/ESI/MAYA44_USB/MAYA44
6)VirtualDJ 5.0 REV.7
http://www.virtualdj.com/update.html
s.o. Windows XP.

this is the maya 44 usb control pannel configuration

this is the signal with "Consumer grade sound level"

this is the signal with "Pro grade sound level " (i suggest this)

I have made this demo video:

Final Result(with this configuration):
signal ever to 100%
latency and response very good
problems 0%

try to do the same configuration using the "Pro grade sound level " tcc.

Posté Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 3:15 am
well dj focus, if your still having problems after moramax's post, be sure to post back, but it looks like from everything i see, he broke it down to a nutshell,

hope moramax's post helps, and also if you run into any problems, just re-post back

best regards,

jc

Posté Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 4:30 pm
ryankmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Moramax thanx for your post.

I've been having the problem for a while now & I've been waiting for a post that would address the issue.

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated =)

Posté Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 11:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)