Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Female Y RCA cable ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJKHOPHome userMember since 2007
Hey guys, since i am halfway there on getting my setup working.

I read the diagram that one of you guys linked me to and i looked over it.
So to get everything to work perfect i need female y rca cable right (4)

Okay here is what i want to know does it look like this ?

okay the reason why i asked is because they look well... rather confusing to me...

and these too

heh just wondering so i wouldnt go out and buy the wrong ones! I'm a dunce when it comes to audio lol...

Posté Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 4:17 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
dont know if you posted more about this somewhere else, but need information on what youre trying to do.

look at it this way, the female end of any of those cables usually is used for 'extending'.

the first one would let you extend the bottom of the Y with a single cable. the second one would allow you to extend the top of the Y with a stereo pair (2 cables). the third picture is the same as the second one from what i can see.

the most typically used is the second image since you dont usually connect two pieces of gear directly with one Y adapter, instead you use it in between a regualr stereo RCA cable, so it is extended.

Posté Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:14 pm
I was just wondering what type to get cause i already have a setup here I'm running

(x2) Stanton T.90's
(x2) Virtual DJ Time coded Vinyl
(getting a new mixer probably tomorrow)

I was going over this configuration guide a week ago
that this guy recommended for me to look at (forgot his name)
but i was looking at it and i need 4 Y female rca cables.
So i can successfully have the mixer/turntables/VDJ TCV/
working properly.

I didn't know all this until i made another thread about this.

But
i was reading this instead and it didn't indicate that i needed 4 y female rca cables.

Posté Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:30 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 2:11 pm
djej wrote :
That looks like a setup if you want to also play regular vinyl, that is what all those y splitters are for I believe. That is an old diagram as the timecode bypass works much better in the latest version. Are you using the MK2 or a different soundcard? In the hardware section of the forum there is a guide specifically for using the MK2 and TCV.

Here is the link. http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/58120/Hardware_Technical_Support/Guide_To_set_up_tcv_with_mk2_console__).html?page=1

I only own the MK1 version i am running a Maya USB 44 soundcard with this setup. Sorry i forgot to mention that.

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 4:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)