Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Going from one computer to another

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have been playing around with VDJ on my desktop at work and found it to be great. I love it. I copied all the songs I have there onto an external drive and brought it home to try VDJ on my desktop at home and found that none of the BPMs/Cues were saved. I am using XP SP2 on both computer and I even copied the entire VirtualDJ folder in my "My Documents" for save measure.

I am concerned about this because I am buying a laptop and I don't want to have to re-scan everything and re-cue everything twice -- is there a solution for this? I'd like to test it before I purchase.

Thank you!

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 2:18 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should really spend time researching and learning about the software. The manual, along with several discussions on the forum; clearly explains how the VirtualDJ database works in holding the information about each track. If you only copied songs and did not build the database or at least copy the database to the external drive then you are correct in none of the database information came with it. Please look in our Support/Help section and read the Version 5 Updates guide and the Version 5 manual, it is all explained there very clearly.

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 9:08 am
Thank you for the prompt response, cstoll. For the record, as I said, I did copy the entire VDJ folder from My Documents -- I do have the database .xml and I followed the instructions. That's why I'm confused.

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 11:00 am
djpoopypants wrote :
I copied all the songs I have there onto an external drive

That is not what you said... but that is not the issue... The VirtualDJ folder alone may not contain the database if the files were on a partition not C: Where were the files on the other computer ? D: drive? Where are you accessing them from now ? Copied back to the same drive location as it was at work ? If it was on D: then did you get the database from the root location of d: on the machine at work.

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 12:05 pm
Actually, yeah - it was a partitioned HD at work, and I moved the files onto an external.

The weird part is that a few files ARE showing up -- the HD has the same drive letter and drive name as the partitioned drive on the computer.

Posté Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 8:58 pm
But the database from the work computer's root drive is not on that external drive in the root. If you copy that file, to the external and reconnect it to the home PC you should see things show up.

Posté Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 9:21 pm
Ahhh... okay. I didn't copy the Local Database file from the work computer -- you're saying that's the issue? Good to know.

Posté Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 9:48 pm
Hmmph. Well, I copied it, and the cues I set as a test have shown up, but once I unplug the external drive, it only sees a handful of cues. I copied the entire contents of the drive over to the laptop and I can't get it to show up unless, as I said, I have the external plugged in. Is there a way to remedy this? I have the same database file in the root folder of the files on the laptop as I do on the external.

Posté Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 2:02 pm
Additionally - if I copy them directly or copy them within VDJ the same result happens - they'll only read the right Database if the external is plugged in.

Posté Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 2:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)