Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet I have to reload Windows XP

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

arrveePRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have to say, i'm afraid of losing the work I put into VDJ if I reformat. But, here goes....

My internal sound card has stopped working. It says "driver enabled but not started" New drivers don't change things/work-I do hear a beep, when i do something I'm not supposed to..

I'm going to have to re-load xp to get the soundcard working correctly, I'm told. SO- i need to save my work, programs, etc.

Can anyone of you fine people, please, guide me correctly? I do have an external usb hard drive. I may not be asking all the correct questions, but, as we go, I'm sure there will be questions & answers.

And, after that, I'll need to re-download vdj again, and hope all goes well w/the old music i had manipulated. (I have 5.0 ver.6)
Thank you all.
Ron in NJ

Posté Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 7:31 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok...first of all, surely reinstalling your whole OS is a bit much for a driver issue.

In XP, go into Start Menu>Run. Tyep 'services.msc' and look for 'windows audio'. Make sure it says started on it. If not, right click it and select 'start'. You may need to reboot to initialise...but i can't remember for sure. *Be careful when clicking about in here!!!*

If that's not the case, uninstall the driver first and then reinstall the driver itself. There's usually sound drivers on the motherboard disc that you should have got when you bought your board. Reinstall from here...but make sure you have the latest version of the driver before doing so.

If none of this works, and it seems you do need to reinstall XP, save all your VDJ application files, clipbanks, etc etc etc onto a dvd/memory stick/hard drive or whatever and after you reinstalled the OS, you should be able to reinstall vdj and all these file from the other storage device.

Remember you can save any other VDJ downloads onto a CD too. They'll come in handy if you need to reinstall VDJ ever again. Saves you from having to redownload it too...:o)

Good luck...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posté Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 7:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)