Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Poor Video Playback Quality (specifically .wmv files)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been using VDJ the moment the first Mac beta version came out (yes, I am in the right forum... read on). However, I only use the PC version to gig with each week... so I guess you can call me a reverse switcher... unfortunately.

That being said, I have used it to only play .mpeg files (as I'm only interested in video) and for the most part, I've been pretty happy. Now I would like to incorporate other video files, like .wmv. However, I've noticed quite a quality difference between the two mediums within the VDJ program itself. I can play a particular .wmv file through Windows Media Player fullscreen on a tv and it looks great. Bring the same file into VDJ and it looks like crap.

To me, it seems like it's taking my 640x480 source, downgrading it to 320x240 and then blowing it back up to fill the screen... poorly (.ie. "jaggy"). If I uncheck "hardware acceleration", the video looks a bit better (softer edges), but not great, plus the refresh rate then gets all janked (horizontal slicing/flickering). So does anyone have any tips for improving the .wmv playback quality within VDJ? Shouldn't I expect the same quality I get from Windows Media Player? Or does being able to DJ video come at a cost? Again mpegs seem unaffected (I used to work in post product and have an eye for video quality).

Posté Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 9:49 pm

windows video files, are ment for streaming (internet)

Its not a recommended format to use for VDJ video mixing, specially scratching will be horrible,

Posté Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 6:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)