Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet ERROR IN ASIO SOUND DRIVER - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

When I went to auto config my timecode cd's I got the alert in this topic title.
I'm trying to setup the Mixvibes U46DJMK2. I was recommended this soundcard and I'm started to believe I wasted my money.
Does anyone have VDJ working with the u46?

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 2:33 pm
It's like the money I wasted on the Behringer BCD3000 they are both garbage. Just my opinion. Try the Numark I/O

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 2:39 pm
don't have time to waste on another soundcard adn I doubt they will refund my money on the card???? it's gotta work, worst case I will uninstall VDJ and use mix vibes, the tutorials out there are setup for mixvibes so maybe VDJ is behind the power curve especially since I've posted several topics with little support... ideally if someone got it working then they need to post it somewhere for people to learn. I'm starting to get discouraged by VDJ...

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 2:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your original post that you should have added to...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/87473/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Mix_vibes_u46mk2_issues_with_VDJ.html

Your double post ---
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/87738/Hardware_Technical_Support/Does_anyone_have_the_U46DJMK2_working_with_VDJ.html
Quote :

Here is my setup, CDJ 1000's DJM 600, top OF THE LINE LAPTOP AND THE NEW u46dj mk2 hAve downloaded all the necessary updates for the soundcard and so far I'm alittle further in the process but not talking to VDJ. When I select a song nothing starts. Tried using the auto config for my timecode cd's and I get a ASIO sound driver error alert. Not sure where to go from here, I don't want to spend the money on the mix vibes program, VDJ is better but I may have to? Any thoughts....

How about a better run down of your settings.

1. What is selected and checked on the Config -> Soundcard Setup tab?
2. What are the settings in the Config -> Performance tab?
3. What are the settings you have selected in the Timecode Setup?
4. What is the driver version you are using for the soundcard?
5. And since you are using TCCDs which file did you download and burn - Pro or Commercial?

With all the appropriate information that influences a sound card's capabilities we might be able to help better.

Thank you.

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 3:43 pm
CSTOLL, believe me when I say this, I want things to work but when I go days hours without any help from both companies it really drives me LOCO especially since I got a BIG gig this weekend, I've spent about two weeks trying to get it to work before having to sellout and get mix vibes.

II haven't posted the saem thing twice, each post is different thank you, I will go and try and answer your questions the best I can, in a minute I'm not at my studio right now. A bit fustrating you know! OH and I got b___ched out by mix vibes uncle>>>>> because he doesn't use VDJ also LOL

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 6:38 pm
Well your posts are about the same issue - your U46DJ MK2 is not working and you are asking for help. Since no one in the community is responding to your liking, I decided I would make that effort. I don't own that sound card, but I am certain with the right information above, I can get you a lot closer to being working then where you are right now.

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 6:50 pm
not sure what just happend cause I typed away, must have run out of time to modify my post so give me about 5 minutes and I will re type my settings (&**(&^*(&^(*&^

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 7:13 pm
I'm going to be very generic as far as deliniating everything so bare with me
The TCCD are PRO
OK first VDJ:
SOUND SETUP
INputs: timcodes
outputs: external mixer
Sound Card: asio driver
ASIO driver: MIXVIBES U46MK2 ASIO. When I click on ASIO config, nothing happens......

TIMECODE config:
VDJ default engine (both sides the same)
cd selected
Speed 33
Mode: Smart
Lead Time: 500 ms
Pitch Sensitivity: 2000 ms
Smart cue, clear sound, anti skip, browser track all selected
signal: timecode
Timecode quality is 0%
gain is closer to the right
Silence is closer to the left
When I click on Auto config I get that asio driver error

PERFORMANCE:
closer to Fastest for presets
Latency: 512
safe mode and overclock both selected
Optimize for Qualtiy
Filter size and taps are both 11
Master tempo Fast

nothing selected for Remote control

Ok now for the U46
Driver is U46MK2 v1.0.35
Input is set to LINE
Nothing is muted, all sliders are up 3/4 the way
Latency is 512
sample rate is 44100 hz
Buffer number is 4

Now for the Direct Wire, this is wher I believe the problem is: Since you don't have the card you might not uderstand but this is like a patch box, the issue I have and mixvibes hasn't helped me out yet is where to put the wire patches you have an input column which I assume are my input channels since theres only 6 available then you have columns with an in and a out side for: MME, WDM,ASIO,GSIF on the Out you can select to turn it off. I have a gut feeling this is where the issue is. The problem is I've setup every possible configuration with no results unless everytime you pull a channel you have to restart VDJ. Any how this is my settings oh, on the lappy, the U46 is the soundcard selected for everything except the mic. I doubt that's an issue since I'm not trying to use the mic.
Not sure if there's anything else for me to describe.
I appriciate any help you can offer!!!

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 7:44 pm
The manual that I have, or atleast the hard copy doesn't pin point hoe to use the direct wire. In the example it just has the ASIO in to the MME out, it doesn't specifically mention that's how to set it up because I've tried that way with no luck. I will email it tomorrow as it's late and I'm not going back to the studio so check you email tomorrow and let me know what you came up with or actually let me see if I can download it here and send it to you.

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 8:58 pm
Thank you for the manual --

OK, so first thing I see is on page 13, the MK2 control panel --

Please confirm in your control panel that you have the following settings -
1. The first 2 sliders (INPUT) are at about 1/2 volume and say LINE above them.
2. The second 2 sliders (MONITOR) are MUTED
3. The remaining slides (OUTPUTS) are at MAX or what ever level you want.

Now from the Config menu option lets set the following -

Latency at 256 per the manuals recommendation (will fine tune lower, maybe; later)
Sample Rate at 44100Hz
?? What are the buffer options in the Buffer Number selection ?

Now for the DirectWIRE -- clear what ever you have and connect the following
1 for 1 Inputs 1-4 to ASIO 1-4

Minimize/Close the control panel back to the Taskbar.
Launch VirtualDJ

Go to Config -> Performance tab -
Make Sure the Latency drop-down is AUTO
Make Sure the SafeMode and Overclock are UNChecked

Go to Soundcard Setup tab
Inputs - Timecode
Outputs - External Mixer
Sound card - ASIO
ASIO Driver drop-down - the U46DJ
Ultra-latency - CHECKED

Input channels - default - 1&2 L / 3&4 R
Output channels - default - L 1&2 / R 3&4

Click Timecode button up by the Inputs drop-down
Click the Advance View button
With the TCCDs in your decks Press the Play button on both decks
You should see a wave form for both
Press the Auto-Config button for each deck (may take a couple clicks on the button)
You should see the Waves become fairly uniform and the following should be seen for the Gain and Silence
Gain should move somewhere to 1/2 or less
Silence will probably move somewhere about 1/2 way to the Gain slider location.

Let's start there and see what we get...

Posté Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 10:13 pm
Thanks for the help!

No joy though. When I muted the monitors like you said on the panel board, the TCCD tone didn't come through, I un muted them and now I got the tone.
Nowin VDJ you mentioned to check ULTRA LATENCY but not sure where that's at?

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 7:26 pm
I just went back to VDJ and unchecked the U46DJ and I'm using my old sound card and it's working fine. Maybe I'm just going to have to use my mouse to mix directly from my laptop which means my hand will be crippled before the night is over LOL.

Since mix vibes isn't supporting at all, I'm ready to put this thing on ebay for a mix viber. Just found out that the program that comes with the driver install, 3dex, only works with a MIDI controller, sound now I really regret having bought it.
CSTOLL if you can think of anything else, or ANYONE for that matter hola back but I'm ready to blast MIXVIBES for no support.

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 7:41 pm
trullero wrote :
Thanks for the help!

No joy though. When I muted the monitors like you said on the panel board, the TCCD tone didn't come through, I un muted them and now I got the tone.
Nowin VDJ you mentioned to check ULTRA LATENCY but not sure where that's at?

You are not suppose to hear any tones, that is why they have to be muted. Only the application is suppose to hear the tones. If you do not MUTE the inputs then you will have 0 TC Signal.

You are using version 5.0.7? If you are using the ASIO option in the Config -> Sound card setup tab, just below the ASIO driver drop-down you should see an Ultra-Latency check box.

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 8:50 pm
Um, oh Gosh, I think the version on my lappy is an older version of VDJ I think I downloaded the update to my desktop but never did to my lappy. Could that be the issue, I don't have that latency option. I'm gonna have to double check my lappy. IN the mean time, anything else comes to mind?
I understand the tone issue now. I thought it was the other way around, ok I will check my version and update it. Do I have to do anything to the drivers during this update?

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 9:51 pm
No you should be fine during the update.

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 6:45 am
ok got the update nothing yet still get the error in asio driver. Think maybe I should get the asio4all driver and uninstall the current driver for the u46?
I don't have the U46 externally powered but i got it connected to a USB hub that is externally powered. Just thought I would mention this just in case.

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 6:35 pm
cstoll just checking out your profile, where on the east coast are you located, I'm in the Florida Keys. I should've gotten the maya huh? jUST FOUND OUT THAT I have to purchase both TCCD's and another mix vibes program cause the one I got is only good with MIDI controllers which is why VDJ is still the best all around program and maybe the folks at mix vibes got something going for the new U46 not to work LOL If only those who got the old U46 would hola back and let me know what they did to get it working with VDJ if they did at all. I guess the Numark sound card works good with VDJ??? maybe I should put mine on ebay. As it looks I'm gonna have to use my mouse to DJ tomorrow And take my CDJ's for the ocassional cd mix set for my old school set. Damn it JIM LOL

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 6:44 pm
trullero wrote :
ok got the update nothing yet still get the error in asio driver. Think maybe I should get the asio4all driver and uninstall the current driver for the u46?
I don't have the U46 externally powered but i got it connected to a USB hub that is externally powered. Just thought I would mention this just in case.

You should not use any soundcard through a hub. There are two many factors that can cause signal degradation or latency issues. Hook that thing up direct - always.

As for location -- I am in Virginia. As for the Maya - it has never failed me and easy to setup. I really don't care about all the other audiophile critics on it's quality issue, it works and people don't care if something is a little less clarity when they have a half dozen drinks in them. As for the VV box, you have to buy the whole package to get it - might as well get the Maya.

Sorry I couldn't help you get it any closer to functioning, but maybe you should plug it in direct and take one last shot at it ???

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 11:04 pm
R u an Astro DJ? Just checkin cause I used to work with them when I was stationed in Norfolk.

Ok, see that might be an issue, (USB HUB) granted the lappy I got is supposed to support the U46 as it is USB 1.1 but because i had issues with my other lappy I continued to use the hub. I'm running a 1 tb external and my mouse through the hub, maybe I don't even need the hub since the hard drive is external powered and the mouse isn't an issue, would help in freeing up my power strip.

Ok last night was a success although I was pissed cause I had a hum issue from the channel that I had my sound card connected to. I think I didn't revert back to my original settings on VDJ before pluggin it in but as long as the music was loud enough no one really noticed.
I had grim reaper help me out too since he has the old U46 and got to do a few things, let's see what he can do for me too. I'm gonna laugh if the issue would be because of the hub LOL
Before I get the maya, I'm gonna do some more tweaking with the drivers, also, you have the old maya and I see there's a new version, what's to say that it will cause issues since it's "NEW upgrade"

Posté Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 9:48 am
I have worked for Astro, and know a lot of the the guys over there.

As for your issue, glad it is working out... if you had your External HD and the sound card in the hub, then they were probably fighting for bandwidth which will 'dirty' the connection and create latency issues.

As for the HUMM.... Ground Loop 101... go by some ground loop isolators - check Radio Shack. Use those for connecting OUTPUTs of Sound card to mixer.

Keep me informed on how things go...

Posté Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 9:28 pm
91%