Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Question about Applecare

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

For those that got your Macs from say bestbuy. Did u get their performance plan or did you go with Applecare.
I've been reading about what both have to offer & Best buys sounds better. They offer the No-Lemon guarantee plus they don't repair but replace your laptop in case of damage.
Both of them are the same price $349. What did you guys pick?

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 5:38 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
applecare big box stores can close up any minute (compusa) Apple isn't going anywhere.

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 9:14 am
The difference between getting a warranty through a store like Best Buy and getting Applecare is Best Buy is full of monkeys and Apple is not. Quick story, my desktop Emac was slowly starting to get slower and slower and crashing for no reason. Now mind you my Applecare had expired so I brought it into a store called Canadian Computer because they do trade-ins on used Apple stuff and my intent was to at least get a couple of bucks to put towards a new iMac. They have onsite technicians and one of them took a look at it and told me "The bad news is your motherboard is fried, the good news is that it's a known issue with this particular model and Apple will replace the motherboard for free." So basically it was like getting a brand new computer (because of the brand new motherboard). Now do you think Best Buy would have A) thought to even check the computer out, and B) done anything other than tell me I have to get a new computer (and they definitely wouldn't have given me anything for a trade-in). Don't trust Best Buy either, I bet you that if you have something major go wrong with your Mac they won't swap it outright. They'll send it away for 5 weeks to have it "looked at" and THEN they'll either fix it or replace it, but can you go without your Mac for that long. I just find that with big stores like Best Buy most of the sales people don't know what the hell they're talking about whereas smaller Mac specialty stores are much more knowledgeable and will go further out of their way to help you. Just my two cents.

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 9:48 am
Thanks people. Yeah, I sought of trust Apple more then Bestbuy. I will get Applecare instead. So far they've proven to have good customer service in terms of ipods & iphone.

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 11:21 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've had positive experiences with both. I had an iBook hard drive go out on me. I called the local Apple Store and explained what my problem was. They told me to bring the computer in and I had it back 2 days later and it worked perfectly. They recovered the data I had on the old hard drive and put it on the new one. It would've cost me over $400 if I didn't have Apple Care. I never (and never will) bought a computer from Best Buy, but I did have problems with a digital camera. They took the camera with no questions asked, sent it away, and it came back fixed. The problem was, I didn't have a camera for a little over a month. Personally, I would got with Apple Care. The tech's at the Apple Store ("Geniuses") are well trained and can fix a lot of problems on site. Best Buy almost always sends the product out of the store to be repaired.

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 2:43 am
I just find the customer service at Best Buy to be horrible. And why is it that even though the store is always busy and they have like 12 checkout lanes, only 2 or 3 of them are ever open?

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 5:13 am
Applecare is the way to go. I have never purchased it with any of my computers but have had friends that have gotten brand new computers 2 years after purchase, all thanks to AppleCare.

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 9:27 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I fully plan on getting mine once the original warranty runs out from apple.

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 1:37 pm
Btw, a big advantage of getting Applecare is if you want to sell your Mac the buyer will have peace of mind that everything is covered. Translation; it's a lot easier to sell your Mac when you want to upgrade to the newest model AND you'll get a good price for your used Mac. That's why often you'll see used Macs going for only a little less than the retail price.

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 5:42 pm
Yeah, i'm gonna go with Applecare. But i'll wait like Cyder & get it when the 1st year ends.

Posté Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:33 pm

Posté Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)