Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Herculies rmx sound setup please help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have bought a Hercules rmx and need help setting up the audio through my pc, I want the rmx to run through my sound card (audigy x-fi) so i can play music as normal through the pc, and be able to monitor my mix with my headphones connected to the headphone socket on the rmx.

I have my speakers connected to my line out on the sound card, and an rca lead connectred to output 1 and 2 on the rmx going to the line in on my sound card.

I have tried various sound settings in the virtual dj software but cannot get it to work.

I can get it working by having the speakers connected directly to the rmx but then i have to swap cables over when I want to listen to music on my pc when im not using the rmx\virtual dj.

I hope this makes some sort of sense to what im trying to do so if anyone can advise me on how to set this up correctly it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 9:29 am
hi mark,

I am having the same problem, I think the only solution is to unplug the rmx when you want to listen to other stuff and plug speakers back into your other soundcard.
I am also having a problem with my computer recognising the rmx after booting up , I have to plug the usb lead in 4 -5 times before I get all illuminated buttons flashing to signify the pc has picked it up, Are you having any similar probs ?.
I have also had a few sound isssues which i have now resolved if you have any just follow the link below.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/87692/Hardware_Technical_Support/Hercules_rmx_performances_setup.html

cheers

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 12:50 pm
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your response, i thought that may be the case, ill have a look at the link you posted, I have had the same problem only once with the rmx not being recognised through usb, as I have only had the console for 2 days its not a good sign! hopefully some software / firmware update releases soon will sort this out.
Cheers!

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 1:13 pm
Hopefully it will do, fingers crossed !

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 1:20 pm
Mark

Slightly different setup, and I'm not sure if you are running XP/Vista/Mac but I have a BCD3000, and when the unit is plugged in, in XP if you go into the main control panel, the unit (your RMX) should be listed as a sound card. Just set windows to use this as the defulat sound device.

That way anything you play will come out via the controller, so you put the speakers into the RMX unit and control the vol that way. Only other thing is when you have VDJ open, it hogs the driver for the unit so other apps will complain about the sound output not being avialable. However if you shut down VDJ it will be fine.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Hammer

Posté Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 3:35 pm
Hammer,

Thanks for that, yes it does work the only thing is you cannot change any sound settings on the rmx using the volume controls, only through the windows standard volume control panel so you don't get any eq settings, the Herculies control panel is basic and again only gives a volume control.
The rmx only seems to come alive when it goes through the virtual dj software. I guess this is better than having to change cables round each time, but makes my new (expensive) Audigy x-fi redundent :(

Thanks again for your help!
Mark

Posté Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 8:45 am
Mark

Now I've got the rmx up and working, I see what you mean. This must be a peculiarity of the RMX mapping because it does not function this way on the BCD3000. When I select the BCD as the default device the master volume on it controls the overall sound output, but this is not so when the RMX is selected, as you stated.

I've got a number of issues with the way the unit is working and I think they are predominanlty down to the mapping setup in VDJ. I'll be doing a full post later today with all the problems I've found and hopefully the development team can take these on board and no doubt there will be updates to the control setup in later versions.

Hammer

Posté Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 8:01 am
Mark

Found the answer! But not the resolution unfortunately....
The Master volume of the RMX unit is a midi controller, all it does is send signals to the controlling software (i.e. VDJ but not standard windows media players). The BCD on the hand, the master volume is truly a volume controller for the physical unit output. This is why this setup works ok on the BCD but not on the RMX.

I'll have a little play around myself with the RMX to see if I can replicate in any way what you are trying to do, i.e. using the output channels as an input to the line of the soundcard, and use the soundcard itself as the master out. Only thing with this setup is I think when using VDJ it will cause latency as the sound is effectively going through two sound cards in series before it comes out your speakers.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hammer

Posté Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 12:17 pm
Hello again Mark

Right your answer to using the audigy and the RMX together, kind of.

In VDJ set the output type to 2 cards. Set the primary card to be your audigy, and set the secondary card to be the RMX. The RMX unit is now controlling VDJ, main output from your audigy line out/headphone socket goes to your amp/mixer/PA. However you now need to plug your headphones into the output of the RMX as opposed to the headphones socket. Disadvantage of this is you now have no direct control of the headphone volume due to the issue of the master not controlling the physical volume. Advantage is you can now play other media players (I'm using winamp) in windows as well as VDJ and mix them so you can effectively have 3 songs playing simultaneously.

Not perfect, but workable.

Hammer

Posté Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 7:20 pm
Hammer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this for me, your sudestions and comments have been very helpful.

Posté Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 3:02 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
No any setup are available into new 5.0.7 DJconsole version, set the latency in the Hercules audio panel before to open Virtual and 2 click on Virtual DJ icon on Desktop.

In case of furute problem please contact e-service http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/ , a lot of user don't have the RMX and doesn't know how to setup.

Posté Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 4:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)