Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Firewire 400 vs. 800

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Everywhere I have been reading, says that Firewire is more Stable then USB 2.0. My question is does Virtual DJ perform better and handle the Audio/Video Files better performance wise
with either 400 vs. 800. I know the transfer rate of 800 is better then 400, but is there a noticeable handling difference between the two in the Software???

Thanks

Nic Betow

Posté Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 9:50 pm
I am not sure if you mean the connection of an external sound card or hard drive but i use the lacie d2 quadra drive through the firewire 800 port and, it all seems to run perfectly but, i never had any problems with the usb drive i had previously either.

Steve

Posté Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 5:36 am
I guess I am wondering if the 800 loads into the software quicker then the 400, and I noticed sometimes when I navigate through a large file (Family Guy Episode 1 gig) from an external HD the audio
and Video sometimes loose sync. Mostly hard drive performance to software performance is what I was questioning. Does a track load quicker in 800 vs. 400, do you loose audio sync with 800 as I do with
400 sometimes. I guess is there any noticeable difference from 400 to 800 and what would those differences be?

Posté Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 9:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)