Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RECORDING FROM VIRTUAL DJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can anyone help with this one.

Ihave an external Maya 44 sound card - Im trying to record my sets through virtual dj - however I cant seem to record through virtual dj without the recording sounding distorted,

This can be remidied by turning down the output sound coming through the Maya - but then the recording is too quiet.

Im currently running a phono to jack lead form my mixer into the mic in of my laptop - as there isnt a line in available.

I have tried to adjust the recording level of the mic in to compensate - but however I try to balance the levels of the Maya and mic in levels its either distorted or queit !!

Ive also tried putting the reording from the mixer - back into the Maya soundcard - which leaves me with no sound at all recorded.

I would like to record my live sets - but would need to turn my soundcard levels down to around hlf way to do this - which would then leave me with a very queit club !!

Any help on this would be fan-dabi-dozi

Posté Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 2:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I've recorded frequently with VDJ and have had no problems..what are your gains set at??

Posté Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 2:54 pm
Sorry about the double post - only just joined and wasnt sure whether it was hardware / software.

My gains and master on my mixer are turned up quite high - reason for this is im having to turn down the output level of my sound card as I mentioned - anything above half volume make the recording distorted.

So the output from my laptop is real queit - my levels on my mixer are through the roof - so I can hear loadsa white noise over the recording .

Ive tried altering all the levels and I cant get it to sound right.

Is there maybe another method of recording through virtual DJ ??

Thank you for you help

Posté Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 4:52 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Your issue is the gains. Try setting them to auto, (VDJ Config/Options) and you might need to tweek the Maya in its config menu, or ASIO4all menu depending on which driver your using. Remember, try to keep things balanced, not gains maxed volume at 1 try setting things as close to each other as you can. When I record my VDJ is set to max and my channels (left player, right player) are set near the max, leaving room for volume adjustments available depending on the song being played.

Posté Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 8:17 am
I used to have this problem, I think in part because my laptop is a lower end dell. I was finaly able to solve the problem by recording into a seperate computer instead with sony vegas or cakewalk sonar software (depending on needs);^]

Posté Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 10:19 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)