Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video Ambients?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can anyone recommend a plugin for VDJ that I can play regular MP3 files and it will create shadow dancers or ambient content that moves to the beat of the music. THis way I could hook up a projector to my laptop and show ambient and shadow dancers while mixing regular audio MP3's..

Thanks...

Posté Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 7:47 pm
You can use the Sonique plugin with VDJ and it will go with the music. go to the downloads section under video effects and download the Sonique effects. Open that file and place it whereever you want but remember where it is. Then open VDJ, select effects, then select video effects, there you should see Sonique, click on it then Activate. Now you need to click on the Open box find where you extracted the files and double click on one of the .svp files and u should now have Sonique effects. Click on the slideshow button next to the open button to have them change. play with the sliders to mess with the timing and such.

If you want these to go on when u play a non vid file go to: cfg, video, on the bottom u will see somethin like Use when no video is present, in the dropdown select Sonique.

I typed this fast but if u have any questions just ask:)

Posté Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 12:00 am
Also, the soniques are good for when you want something that reacts to the music. To be honest though, quite a lot of them look dated, like something off windows media player; rather than proper, professional visuals.

If you like the shadow dancers type thing, just buy a shadowdancers DVD, then rip it to your computer. You can use the "clipbank" plugin to automatically make it come up whenever you play an mp3 file. In Virtual DJ go to the the "effects" tab, then choose "video effects" and click on "clipbank". Right click on the top left square box in the effect window and choose "load..." Then find the shadow dancers video file and click OK. Also, then right click on the box again (which should now have a picture of a shadow dancer on) and tick the option for "loop".

To make it appear automatically when you play mp3 files Follow the last step Discobrian said, but choose clipbank instead of sonique.

Hope that helps.

Posté Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 11:07 am
Not a VDJ plugin but...

Check out:

http://www.soundspectrum.com

And view the "G-Force" program.

I was lucky enough to have received a birthday gift from my computer savvy Uncle a few years ago for a "Professional License" that allows "Public Performance" but not sure how much that license was...

I had put this program on an older computer unit that I had which is a PIII computer with some USB ports and a pretty basic video card...

This unlce of mine also got some "cheap X-10 products" that allows me to switch the WAVESHAPES, COLORMAPS and FLOWFIELDS all by a little wireless remote controller unit to which it's receiver hooks up via USB...

This "G-Force" program and all it can do is really neat and responds very well to the "LIVE INPUT" on this dedicated G-Force Machine of mine...

The people I have played for in the past few years really like the looks of it too!!!

And all I'm using to switch from the VDJ video output is a basic 4 channel video switch box.

I wish I could figure out how to take an audio crossfader and make a little box so that it would allow me to actually blend two video channels together, etc...

But that is another project for another time (LOL) :)

Plus the bands DEF LEPPARD and JOURNEY and various other big named bands have used it recently out on their tours to run their big screens with those neat images to the beat of their music, etc...

DJ TAO :)

Posté Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 4:35 pm
Hi TAO, I'm jsut about to check out that software, sounds interesting!

To combine that software into VDJ easily, have you thought about a video capture card? something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dazzle-Digital-Video-Creator-Video/dp/B000089RRV

That's probably not a very good quality one, but you get the idea. Then all you do is connect the video output of the "soundspectrum" laptop to the input on the capture card...

VDJ will see that as a webcam type device, so then you could use the "camera" video effect plugin to display the image in VDJ. Using that box in "settings"->"video settings" you can automatically have it as the visual to every mp3 file you play.

It's somthing I played around with to get DVD visuals playing automatically in VDJ before the clipbank plugin was developed. I never gigged with it like that, but it worked well when I tested it.

Posté Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 5:41 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Hi TAO, I'm jsut about to check out that software, sounds interesting!

To combine that software into VDJ easily, have you thought about a video capture card? something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dazzle-Digital-Video-Creator-Video/dp/B000089RRV

That's probably not a very good quality one, but you get the idea. Then all you do is connect the video output of the "soundspectrum" laptop to the input on the capture card...

VDJ will see that as a webcam type device, so then you could use the "camera" video effect plugin to display the image in VDJ. Using that box in "settings"->"video settings" you can automatically have it as the visual to every mp3 file you play.

It's somthing I played around with to get DVD visuals playing automatically in VDJ before the clipbank plugin was developed. I never gigged with it like that, but it worked well when I tested it.

AndyTaylor125,

I had actually tried that once with a capture device and then used these PC to TV convertors that I had picked up a couple of years ago at about $80 a peice back about 3 years ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Grandtec-Ultimate-2000-PC-to-TV-Converter/dp/B00006B70W

hooked it up that way you speak of but it was a little behind due to the latency of the "INPUT" of my "VDJ" unit with the "output" of my "G-FORCE" machine which not too many people notice it but I sure did and just didn't like that.

Call me picky!!! :)

But once I had that little "latency issue", I just ended up going back and using that basic 4 channel switchbox to where I hooked up my VDJ video "output", my G-FORCE "output" and my X-10 Vanguard Camera output to a small little TV I had for a CUE and then that output and that latency issue went away.

???

All running on a 2.4, P4, Window's XP Pro machine with 3 GB of RAM...

???

Then I just ended up mixxing the "Sonique visuals" blending them into the main output of that basic 4 channel switchbox over some camera shots and then some JPEG pictures I had in the mix or rotation, etc...

Maybe I'll try one of these newer generation "Capture Devices" and test it all out again?

Thanks,

DJ TAO :)

Posté Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 7:42 pm
I have a shadow dancers DVD but it wont SYNC to the music when I rip it.. IE I want the dancers to DANCE to the music .. I know it can be done as I have seen it in clubs....

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 11:04 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Use the Clipbank plugin and set the bank with the ShadowDancers loaded to BeatMatch

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 11:28 am
bkillenHome userMember since 2007
Version 2.8 of G-force has a sonique compatible plugin that will work in Virtual DJ.

Posté Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 3:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)