Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Advanced soundcard!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJzejexHome userMember since 2008
Hey, i got a soundcard whit 4 stereo inputs, and 4 stereo outputs. How can it be that i only can choose 2 stereo inputs ?!?!?!? When i want to could choose through 4 stereo inputs. Is this program professional or what ? i mean, my card got 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 inputs, and 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 outputs, and i cant even choose the inputs / outputs, above 3/4. Is there anything i can do ? Or do i have to choose serato ? Because i think VDJ i the best. Dont ask me why i want to use the other inputs and outputs, its a long story. And in this program it shouldt be a problem. Its so simple, and yet it is somthing that people realy need!

And btw, dont write: "Try get support from the people who made the soundcard" no, there is nothing wrong whit my soundcard, its virtualdj.

If anyone know how to change something, so the user can choose between all of the inputs and outouts.

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is only 2 stereo inputs necessary for VirtualDJ - 1 per Timecode input. So, why would you need to provide more input when not necessary to control the application.

As for outputs, again there are only 2 output necessary in the usual scenerio of use, however; with the three line mixer output option we do provide a third out for 5/6 on cards that supports a third out for the sampler.

And finally - With Serato you would not be able to use your sound card anyhow - Serato only supports their cards, because their software is locked to those devices. Which typically have only 2 Stereo inputs to begin with.

And with using a couple registry tweaks you can assign you input and out channels for the more complex cards like you are describing.

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:19 pm
there is some reasons: 1: the 1/2 inputs, are microphone plugs (that means, you can plug turntables t it. 2: i think its the output 3 out of the inputs 3/4 that doesnt work well. You see ? isnt it pretty simple that you should could change from any of the inputs, and outputs, which 4 that should be outputs and inputs.

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:36 pm
And, Yes like I said you can 'adjust' the inputs and output using a registry tweak. But it sounds like you have a sound card that is going bad with channels not working correctly and you may to look at getting a new card.

Hope the demo has been working well for you and hope you can invest in the full VirtualDJ Pro software as well.

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:42 pm
"As for outputs, again there are only 2 output necessary in the usual scenerio of use, however; with the three line mixer output option we do provide a third out for 5/6 on cards that supports a third out for the sampler." thanks, didnt think of that. that solved the cable problem :D. but still :( i cant use one of my decks ! what can you recommend about "the tweaks" ?

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:45 pm
about the PRO VirtualDJ, i need to get the money though. I use the trial to get used to the software.

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 1:49 pm
if there is anyone there, cstoll, which key is it i should change ? (the name and distination?)

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 2:19 pm
Which sound card setup did you choose in the Config ?

[And Yes, I know what the tweaks are, but they will not work if you don't have the right sound card settings.]

Posté Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 5:26 pm
heh, i choose 2 timecodes, 3 channel mixer, and ASIO (automatic). And the card is is a M-audio Delta 1010 LT.

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 1:39 am
Ok, now send me an email at my forum name at virtualdj.com.

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 6:17 am
i cant translate what you mean, but here is my email: --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry DJzejex no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 7:54 am
well yeah, i send you an email, what is going to happen ? will you send me an email about the key or what, i it the whole key file, or just which one it is ? Why cant you just post it here ?

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 10:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)