Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV without ASIO Soundcard? (Using dual 5.1)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have been searching the forum for a while and can't seem the find the answer to my question. I was wondering if it is possible to hook up two CD decks to two different 5.1 sound cards (not a MAYA44 or anything) and use timecoded vinyl with the timecode CDs. I know how everyone talks about how USB ASIO soundcards are so much better, but I was wondering if it is even possible to do so without one.

Basically I would be using two stereo RCA to 1/8" jacks (Y-splitters), one for each deck. Then I would plug one of those 1/8" jacks into each of the two soundcard Line-In ports for inputs.

Would that be possible using the ASIO driver that comes with virtualDJ? I keep reading how you HAVE to have two stereo inputs and outputs for this to work, but if I have the Y-splitters that convert the dual RCA's to 1/8" jacks, wouldn't that still work?

Thanks for your assistance.

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 3:15 pm

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 3:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The quality would be very low and the latency very high.

It would be alot better if you got a proper sound interface.

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 3:35 pm
Regardless, would it still be possible, period?
If so, what settings would I have to use with the ASIO driver to get this to work?
Any help is greatly recommended. Thanks!

Posté Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 4:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As long as each card has a stereo input a mic input will not suffice.

You could try to use asio for all , and then select both cards to make a virtual device.

but it wont work very well for professional usage.

Posté Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 3:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)