Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Is it my TCV or my Decks?!? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Ok for starters, i have a pair of technics 1210 mk5g.
i am aware that my tcv will only work for 5minutes.... ( IF THAT ! )

so the problem is, when i drag a track onto a virtual dj,the tcv works how it should, i can scratch the tcv and i can actualy hear scratchin commin out of my speakers, yup.. thats good,
when i press play the technics spin and the music starts... yeh cool that works too..
HOWEVER!!...
it seems like my decks are playing the tracks at different speeds, assif my decks were faulty...
like, when i play a track, i can hear for only a split second, the music slowing down assif i put my finger on the viynl, yes everyone does this..but this happens constantly, iv never had a track working proply for even 2 minutes nevermind 5 minutes...
this is not good, why is the track slowing down and speeding up...
when i watch the bmp counter it shows what speed the track is playing, (isnt it supposed to stay the same??)
well my counter shows that the track is playing at 152.3bpm, then suddenly it will drop down to like 149 bpm, then to 147, back 152.3 bpm, then it will start to increase to like 157.bpm, AND THEN BACK TO LIKE 149 BMP WTF!!!!
this just causes the beats to go completely wrong and buggers the whole mix up, i have tried matchin both songs together, but when im mixing 2 songs, the beats just go ... i have not done one decent mix with them yet... THIS ISNT GOOD AND ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!

Yes!! i understand that they will only work for 5mintues..but in my case they dont!!!

I would like to get this working proply before i even consider buying the full pro version... what if i do and the problem still exists? iv wasted my money...

so please help me.. is it a setting i have? or is it my decks... ( i hope not... )

Posté Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 9:56 am
ok i tested my decks with real viynls, and i was able to beatmatch perfectly so i know its not my decks...
what is with timecoded viynls really???

ok can someone help me, coz this must be a problem with my settings...
they just dont feel like real viynls at all!, you cannot even skip the viynl, like when you lift the needle up and move it to a different place on the viynl, the track just carries on playing from when you picked the needle up?? WTF..
oh yeah, and how exactly are you meant to scrtach with those things, when scratcing, your hand and the part on the viynl were u want to scratch is supposed to stay in one place... I HAVE TO MOVE MY HAND ALL OVER THE PLACE IF I WANT TO STAY AND SCRATCH IN THE SAME PLACE ON THAT VIYNL.. WTF!?!?!

And why does only one work and the other doesent?
deck 1 has the exact same settings as on deck 2, but deck 1 doesent and deck 2 does... cool.......

Posté Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 1:42 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posté Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 2:03 pm
:S he is no licensed user, he doesent even know what virtual dj is, i jus tasked him to buy the TCV with his card, out of my money... which was the only way i could have purchased them in the first place.

Posté Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 4:01 pm
so... can someone help me with this problem before i snap the vinyls in half =]

Posté Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 4:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Could well be down to your settings - can you post a screenshot of the complete timecode configuration window - preferably whilst you have TCVs actually running?

Posté Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 7:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And have you downloaded the Trial version of the latest VirtualDJ and used the timecode with it to see if you have the 'same' drift ?

Posté Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 9:03 pm
well its the same config as everybody else has it rely, and my printscreen button is broken so...
I dident touch any settings all i did was click auto-config on both decks and job done.
but what is this about mode? there is
smart
relative
and absulute, and what happens if i tik the " browser track " box? will this be the answer 2 my question ???

Posté Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 11:08 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Try setting pitch sensitivity @ 0 and see if it drifts.

Posté Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 8:48 am
whats tha pitch sensitivty got to do with it? lol, that only effects the way you use your pitchrange...

but thanx for the suggestion anways pal (Y)
atleast sum1 is tryin 2 help...

Posté Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 5:29 pm
Did you even try it? It has nothing to do with the pitch range. It changes the sensitivity for the reaction of the pitch in VDJ.

What do you have it set @ now?

Posté Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 6:09 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Access, Listen2 is a very experienced user of Time Code Vinyls and VDJ. If you wish for others to help you try the suggestions presented. Being patronizing of a person who is trying to help and asking what good will it do is just rude. And rude behavior will make the other users wish not to help you in the future. Please try to keep that in mind...

Posté Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 6:14 pm
i wasent being rude... i was just asking why would it change the problems I am having, and i did try it, but it never changed anything... thats why i asked, i wasent even trying to be rude.

Posté Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 2:37 am
i had it set at 0, and when i set that to 0, i tried using my pitch range on my decks, and it seemed to be a lot harder to change the pitch with it for some stange reason.

and i wasent being sacastic when i sed "thanx pal" i was being nice.

Posté Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 2:39 am
ok so lets go in the other direction set the pitch sensitivity @ 2000

did you say your getting 100% reading from the tcv?

Posté Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 1:21 pm
ok i tried it at 2000, n it just made it easier to change the pitch using the pitchrange on my turntable... nothing changed about being able to skip the track by lifting the needle up and placing it closer to the center of the vinyl, nor did it change the way i have to "follow the vinyl round with my hand" to be able 2 scratch the very first beat of the track...

i dont know if i am gettin 100% readin from the tcv...

Posté Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 1:52 pm
When you say "nothing changed about being able to skip the track by lifting the needle up and placing it closer to the center of the vinyl" are we talking about the needle drop feature? is that's not what working for you? I'm sorry but i am getting confused to what your issue is.

look in the timecode config and and see if it's reading 100%

It would help if you took a screenshot of your settings.

If you on MSN you can find me on there, my address is in my blog.

Posté Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 4:16 pm
ok i shall add you, thanx :)

Posté Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 4:20 pm
I am having the same issue. Ive played around changing the pitch sensitivity... but my BPM will jump up and down + or - seemingly at random. I never had these issues with 4.3.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 4:58 pm
yes ravedave this is the exact issue im having.... this msut be fixed

Posté Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 5:17 pm
43%