Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Playlist Drive Letter Update

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

efk3Home userMember since 2006
Hi,
I just moved from a rackmountable 2-HD system to a rackmountable 4-HD system due to space limitations for my videos. Now that I've spread everything out, my playlists no longer work. Everything about the path is identical except for the drive letters. Does anyone know a program that will let me search and replace the drive letter references in my playlists.
Thanks in advance!

Posté Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:40 am
kentePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,
This is MY technical support question. I just realized that I signed in under a previous nick that I was using before I bought VDJ. I'm still looking for some help! I just wanted to clarify this before someone accuses me of using a crack.
Thanks!

Posté Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:47 am

what operating system are you using?

Posté Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:47 am
JacemanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using a Windows machine, the old DOS SUBST command works wonders for me when roaming between different systems that I run. I like to keep all of my paths the same, but sometimes the disk is external. This command allows you to map a path to a drive letter, etc.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]

Hope it helps, as changing or creating a drive letter is much easier than changing all of your playlists.

Posté Mon 05 May 08 @ 2:15 pm
kentePRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm using Windows Vista Home. Changing back to my old drive letters would only be a partial solution because I've split the files from 2 harddrives to 4.

Posté Wed 07 May 08 @ 4:48 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you're on Windows, just open up the file in Notepad, and use the find/replace function to change the drive letters throughout.... works for me anyway!

Posté Mon 26 May 08 @ 12:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)