Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet beat match function error

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi, my auto beat is really messing up.
If i even adjust the tempo of songs by one / two bpm the song starts clashing and the beats get messed up.
My hard drive is quite full at the moment but i know my CPU performance is running low when i put VDJ so there is nothing to get in the way of things there.
Also the new skins i have been using start to break apart after a while / sometimes straight away and flecks of green come everywhere, often hiding the EQ levels shown on the screen.
Any way i can stop this? i was playing a gig the other day (small one not important) but the sound clashing sounded terrible. Cheers :)

Psytramp

Posté Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 1:51 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi psytramp.. u using version V5.08? Have u got the recent herc mk2 driver?

Also it is on which skin n can u post a screen shot on how it look? When using with the default skin, will it still acting as that?

Regards.

Posté Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 11:57 pm
think i have managed to sort the beatmatch error out by updating the drivers. i wasnt aware there were new ones out! VERY happy to see the lights on on my MK2 again finally!!!
The skin problem is still there though - this is a screenshot of it disintergrating - it often gets worse with time...

I have also noticed a new addition to the sound setup options with the MK2 being an available sound card to select - does this change the way i should organize my settings?
Still testing out everything with the MK2 so not sure wether it is 100% yet but will keep you updated.
Thanks a lot
Psytramp

Posté Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 9:18 am
Hi psytramp, just use as normal sound config u using before;)

N yes the lights is finally there again...hehe.

Bout this skin, i see what u mean.. hmm try delete this skin n redownload it again. Btw if using the default skin, are this things occurs again on ur system??

Posté Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 12:55 pm
using the normal settings again but for some reason the output is being funny. The sound is only coming out of one speaker at a time....
I plug a jack into the 1/2 and use the settings:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: Mono Seperated
Driver 1: Herc. MK2 Aggregate
Master Left Chan. / Headphones Right Chan.

No this does not happen with the default skin - i will re-download the skin and see if the bug is fixed.
So happy about the lights! Just want the sound to get going now...
Cheers
Psytramp

Posté Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 1:57 pm
DJEMFPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I actually love that skin myself but it is buggy. Not all skins star misbehaving like that.
The 3.0 RC4 version, which I had to install in VMWare and than XFR over, does not have that problem as I can tell but I think it's not nearly as vice both visually and functionally as the 1.3

Posté Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 8:09 pm
Right fixed the sound error by changing my settings to:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: 4-Out Card

I realise the the 4.1 card option has gone and seems to of been replaced with the hercules mk2 s/c option?
I downloaded the skin again but its still bugging.
Cheers
Psytramp

P.S even with the bugs the skin can still hold out for a while and sometimes it just deteriorates to a certain point then stops - this makes it imperfect but usable. I agree with DJEMF on the content of the skin, is really handy :)

Also since changing ym sound settings the auto beat function seems to of gone messy again. The beats are still crunching when the BPM is changed :-(

Posté Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 8:39 am
Any more ideas on why the beat matching isnt working?
adjusting the tempo slightly sends all the beats crunching - with a large bpm change it sounds horrible :(
i havnt been able to play a gig in ages because of these re occuring problems :(
All help much appreciated
Still quite new to all this so im never sure if im just missing something simple out!
Psytramp

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 11:54 am
Indeed i find it strange that u havin problem with it....

Do u use ur mac solely for VDJ or do u use it for other app too?

Hmm could u post a screen shot of ur performance setting, n ur sound setting.

I want to replicate ur setting n try on my system. U may send it to my email too. Sent u a pm.

Regards.

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 3:55 pm
I think i have clogged my mac up - after taking it in for a check up i found i had fan problems and not much space left on the hard drive.
Basically bad maintinance on my part. I think that this clogging of the hard drive has made it hard for VDJ to work. I get my mac back on tuesday so will clean it out and then give it a try.
As a new mac user i have been having some trouble maintaining my system but after a long chat with a guy in the apple store i have learnt a lot.
Anyays i will keep you updated - hopefully the beat match will clean up when i clear up the computer :-)

Posté Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 11:05 am
Will wait good news from u mate. Keep it posted;)

Posté Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 11:29 am
well after saving up for a long time and getting myself a new internal hard drive (250 gigs) i re-installed OSX and downloaded the new version of VDJ and the recent herc drivers. got myself all the lovely new skins and effects which are amazing.
I started to mix and it was smooth and perfect, every thing working fine until about 45 mins in of practice when the beat match started messing up again with just .1 of an adjustment to BPM!!!
Any ideas what the problem could be? I am running on 2 gigs of RAM and the computer is in top form.
Curent audio settings are...

Inputs - None
Outputs - Headphones
Soundscards - 4 Out Card

Driver - Herc. Aggregate

This worked fine for the start but as i said it soon got worse - after a while VDJ crashed altogether too and i had to force quit :-(
All help much appreciated!

Posté Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 4:32 pm
pls post the crash report n tell what are u doing when the time of crashes.

Posté Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 4:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)