Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Questions for RMX owners

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Am considering upgrading my Hercules Mk2 to a RMX and was wondering if anyone could answer the following for me please?

1. Do the effect buttons allow you to have two or even 3 effects activated simultaneously? I seem to remember Hercules Mk1 had this function...and I really miss it from the Mk2. Are the effects configurable to what you have loaded in VDJ?

2. Has the EQ engine been upgraded at all? The EQ on the Mk2 is very harsh and not exactly warm sounding..

3. Have heard reports that the looping functions are not so easy to use now, is this true?

Thanks a million!

Posté Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 4:07 pm
looshusHome userMember since 2008
I didn't have a Mk2 so I can't compare but you can activate more than one effect simultaneously, I think the EQ is good, much better than the BCD3000 anyways, I have no problem with the looping buttons, simple loop in/out, although I use the on screen loop buttons more.

Posté Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 1:56 pm
In answer to your numbered questions:

1. Do the effect buttons allow you to have two or even 3 effects activated simultaneously? I seem to remember Hercules Mk1 had this function...and I really miss it from the Mk2. Are the effects configurable to what you have loaded in VDJ?

- I could do this in the MK2 before, e.g. I could run flippin double and beat grid at the same time.

2. Has the EQ engine been upgraded at all? The EQ on the Mk2 is very harsh and not exactly warm sounding..

- I think the EQ engine is a lot better, its more responsive and definately sounds less 'harsh'. The additional gain rotary knob really helps with tweaking levels. The only thing I have noticed is it seems to destort more easily if, say, the bass is up to high but this could simply be due to my sound setup. I am also still getting used to it, so once I know the controller a bit better I dont think this will be an issue.

3. Have heard reports that the looping functions are not so easy to use now, is this true?

- I have found the looping buttons alot harder to use. Before on the MK2 you could press button 1,2, or 3 for a different length of an 'instant' loop, which was really useful when mixing. On the RMX it seems a lot harder, you have to set start points, end points and then fiddle with the length. To me it is not very intuitive when mxing. I am hoping it is possible to mimic what the MK2 had with respect to this, and I havn't yet worked it out - anybody know how to do this??

Rich

Posté Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 6:41 am
magicfeet wrote :
Am considering upgrading my Hercules Mk2 to a RMX and was wondering if anyone could answer the following for me please?

Thanks a million!

1: yes

2: RMX EQ seems ok, EQ still sounds better on my Vestax mixer though.

3: Using Moramax's button config. tool you can change Loop In Loop Out to smart loop. I did this myself, changed loop in to loop 4 beats & loop out to loop 8 beats;^]

Posté Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 9:23 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Yes, do the upgrade it's worth it, but watch the Firmware Updater on the Unit, it's crap (see my post in the Gen forum).

Also I get a slight bleed from the crossfader using WDM mode, but that's fine with me as I always use Asio mode, it seems far better for my set up.

Posté Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 11:04 am
1.-Yes you can set the effects at your convenience in te six button panel
2.- The eq funtion is as good as the vdj software, it works really fine
3.- looping is so easy with the buttons in the RMX instead of trying the keyborad of your laptop

I definitly recommend it

Posté Fri 04 Jul 08 @ 12:20 pm
magicfeet wrote :

Thanks a million!

1---------------------yes you can, but compared to the mk2 and depending on you pc's specs you might have glitches when you cobinate 2 effects.
2--------------------Oh yeah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better sound
3-----------------------it's mostly about the hardware....you really have to meditate and focus before looping lol

Posté Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 9:14 am
wizzoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sorry to say, but I have trouble with the RMX, searched the forums and nothing worked. I'm not the only one you know. So I send the RMX back and bought the Xponent.

Simply said: This thing ROCKS!!!! Everything works with VDJ, the Torq software is not that good, so if you don't have the VDJ Pro, than I'm saying to buy it.

Jog-wheels are much more quality, you have a mouse-pad to navigatie on your screen. Sliders are nice, and you have an UV LED meter for the output of your sound, RMX doesn't have that.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqXponent-main.html

Posté Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 11:58 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)