Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 24

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

jk4rloHome userMember since 2011
Esperemos k funvcionen de lujo estos efectos

Posté Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 3:08 pm
Sorry, this forum is forum English language messages only. Please either post your message again in English or post in the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

Posté Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 3:40 pm
SBDJ wrote :

I'm putting a whole load of effort into porting this to the Mac at the moment - see the Mac forum if you're interested. The Mac version is much more sophisticated than the current PC version, so once done I could port the changes back to PC.

Ooh nice, didn't know you were doing this.

Been having quite a few problems under W7 Bootcamped on my Macbook Pro.

I normally run your scrolltext because of being able to save & load the text files. I run it alongside Firetext and use that for the PNG files (venue or night name onscreen). Trying to run both together I often get the open window thats loading freezing. So for few weeks I had to abort using your Scrolltext and just use Firetext with the PNG file. I tried loading them in a different order, still the same. Strange thing is it can sometimes take 3 or 4 attempts to get everything working. They sometimes freeze VDJ and I have to reboot the computer. Funny thing is once I get them working together then there is no more problems for the rest of the night. Dunno if it's a W7 problem or some sort of clash between the plugins.

If I had your scrolltext on the Mac side and able to run PNG files I probably wouldn't use W7.

Going to have a look now.
Cheers
Les

www.vjles.com

Posté Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 8:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Turning off Aero will probably fix your 'freezing' issues.

Posté Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 1:59 am
Cheers Scott, never crossed my mind.

Aero has a lot to answer for lol

Posté Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 5:14 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Scott, can We get this Coming Up Next; #NEXTARTIST# - #NEXTTITLE#!!

Posté Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:21 pm
Scott and/or anyone that can assist.

I installed the updated version of scroll text. I get the attached error when I start VDJ.

Here is what it says incase the pic does not show:

Window title: "PGDeviceManagerWnd:virtualdj.exe - Unable To Locate Component"

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

When I click OK VDJ does open up but when I go to highlight scroll text nothing shows up like before.

My guess it can be DirectX. Before I go tinkering even more is this the correct link to upgrade my DirectX?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

I'm not using my gig laptop on the Net. Also I'm still using VDJ 6.1.2.

FYI I went back to install the older version of scroll text and all went back to normal.

Thanks!
Edwin
"DJ WIN"

Posté Sat 21 May 11 @ 7:30 am

Posté Sat 21 May 11 @ 12:18 pm
Thank you for the info Support Staff. So I am on the correct path. The only thing is that link requires for you to have the laptop hooked up to the net. I rather not have my gig machine plugged into the net so instead reading further below on the same download page under additional information it provides another link to download and save. The file is heavier (about 96 megs). Here is what it says:

•The DirectX End-User Runtimes installer contains all of the components installed by the Web Installer in a single package and is recommended for those users that do not have an Internet connection during installation.

Once again thanks. Will come back and let you know how it turned out.

Posté Sun 22 May 11 @ 12:09 am
That was it and got it to work. Now to figure out the macro stuff and the added bells & whistles.

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 9:12 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm having problems with Title and Artist info not being picked up all of a sudden, but any other text is working as exspected...?

NOW PLAYING; #TITLE# BY #ARTIST#! is anything wrong here, what could be the problem..?

Thanks,

Joey.....

Posté Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 2:20 pm
Hi can anyone tell me how i can get this software and will it work on PCDJ VJ.
Thanks paul kelly.

Posté Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 3:21 pm
It will work on PCDJ VJ, however it is only available to users with a VDJ Pro license I'm afraid.

Posté Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 5:19 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Scott,

Thank you for this great plug in.
At the moment the function I am using the most is the Artist/Title macro.
Is it possible, or maybe be added, a way to set the number of times the Artist/Title scrolls by?
This way it would only scroll by once or twice at the start of a track.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
-Bruce.

Posté Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 8:49 am
Today I bought a new notebook for VDJ just because my old one did the trick with audio, but was too slow with video.
On my old notebook the scroll text worked fine, but now I bought myself a notebook with already directX11.
I have read the post earlier that I have to install the DirectX9c (because I got the same error message), but I'm afraid it has an negative effect on the already installed directx11 drivers?
It's a brand new notebook, just a couple of hours old.. I really don't want to brick down the drivers etc. :)

Is there someone who can tell me if it's safe or not to install directx9c anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Greetz Roy

Posté Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 4:41 pm
It's safe. DX11 actually comes with a base DX9, it just needs updating.

Posté Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 8:02 am
Hi SBDJ,

Thanks for your reply. The "update" did the trick.

For people who have the same problem:

I went to the following Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads
and installed the newest DirectX. Microsoft will not give older versions.

During installation you can see that DirectX 9 components are copied to the computer.

Some people tell that Microsoft Update will give this updates also, but that is not true.
You first have to install the download mentioned above.

At last: SBDJ, I like your add-on really much! Especially the macro functions!
Thanks for your work!

Posté Fri 25 Nov 11 @ 4:14 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
djBAV wrote :
Is it possible, or maybe be added, a way to set the number of times the Artist/Title scrolls by?
This way it would only scroll by once or twice at the start of a track.

Yes, Maybe?

Posté Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 11:29 pm
Certainly can be done, but will be in the next major release now which I'm actually sat here working on at the moment. In fact I'll post some teasers shortly.

Posté Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 7:38 am

Posté Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 7:49 am
79%