Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Sound Card help please

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

quickk question :

To preview a song in my headphones while my speakers continue to play my mix, can I get this?

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Voyetra-TBS-1120-01-USB-Drive/dp/B0002ICGDY/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215527909&sr=8-46

OR this? cheap cause I have no money :

http://www.amazon.com/USB-Audio-Adapter-Microphone-Jack/dp/B000N35A0Y/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

BTW I'm using a desktop (sigh) and my speakers are plugged in the back so my front USB is usable for the sound card.. and I'm just mixing at home so I don't need PRO equipment yet

Are those ^^ ^^ alright? or do I need Hercules or something with digital i/o? OR do I need a sound card with two outputs?

I'm so confused

Posté Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 11:58 am
they should work fine. I have two of the turtle beach sound cards for backs up to my system and they sound great.
It will take some tweaking to set the headphones to use that card but it is no biggie.
Good luck.

Posté Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 2:00 pm
Thanks for yr response
and yeah turns out I already had an internal sound card installed and ready to go..
So you use the turtle beach sound cards for yr laptop to hook up both headphones and speakers? Or only headphones?
Cause I'll need something like it once I get a laptop (real soon hopefully)

Posté Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 3:59 pm
actually I use them two at a time, one for the right deck, one for the left and I run it through and external mixer. But you could do one for the mix out and one for preview in headphones and just use the software mixer. I think the sound is better from the Turtle Beach cards than the built-in card on my old laptop.
But that is just backup, I use an MKII controller/soundcard most of the time.

Posté Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 1:21 pm
oh ok i see thanks

Posté Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 10:49 am
Sorry guys...think this is of the same topic- so did not bother to start a new thread.
I am a novice user- just started with virtual DJ like 3 days back.
I am using a laptop which has a built in sound-card - so obviously I can preview a song before playing it.
So I am getting this card:
Creative blaster X-Fi card.

Now here is my question.
Supose I direct Deck-A to the inbuilt card- to the external speakers and I direct Deck-B to this new card.
Now I connect my headphones to the new card..and preview my song- once it is ready- I need to have this play to the external speakers.
How does that work?
Sorry if this is a stupid question..just beginning.

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 4:00 pm
If you only have the two cards you would want the output of both decks to go out one card and the preview to go out the other.

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 4:12 pm
Oh k..So I can still listen to the 2 decks on the microphone..how do I switch to the preview mode then?

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 4:16 pm
there should be some config settings to assign the output of the preview to a particular sound device. There should be a switch in the software to change which deck you are previewing.

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 4:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)