Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Suggestion for suggestions thread

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would be very interested to see a sticky, which would list every features currently being developped or planned for next versions.

This way, no more duplicate wishes and maybe some of us would be more incline to wait a little bit more before trying another software that offers needed features.

I need
- midi sync (out/slave/master), and/or rewire
- cbg warping for tunes without a constant bpm

Are those 2 features are planned for future versions ?

Thanks !

Posté Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 11:02 pm
I liked the idea for the cbg warping until I tried using the warp feature on Ableton Live. Although Ableton does a really good job of evening out the track, it sounds very warbly and distorted. As much as I would like to have a warp function in VDJ, I just don't think I would use it because the loss in sound quality far outweighs the benefit of having a steady beat to work with. Besides, mixing old tracks with live drummers in them keeps me on my toes mixing wise. I've only briefly used warp in the trial version of Ableton so maybe I just didn't have the settings optimized for a "clean" warp effect but from what I heard it just wasn't acceptable audio wise. I suppose the cbg warp might come in handy if used only long enough to do the mix and then once the mix is done you could de-activate it. The tracks overlapping would audibly hide some of the warp's evils I suppose.

Posté Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 2:21 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What i understand when i read CBG warping, is that if in one defined moment in the music, the BPM changes, then the CBG will start again from there, enabling a new alignement of the CBG rectangles.
So this wouldn't be a warping of all the song, but only of the CBG. The song WOULD NOT be changed.

---
To answer the initial question:

For softwares that don't have any competitors, displaying a "Todo List" or "In development feature list" isn't an issue.
But for a software like VirtualDJ, that has something like 4 or 5 competitors, if the software editor shows a "in development feature list", and a competitor software editor is able to release a new version quicker with those exact features, then VirtualDJ's business is dead.

I hope you understand what i mean. Usually, when a small feature is requested, teamers will speak about it on the forums. The best way to know what features are in development is to read every new post on the forum. But this, is the moderator's job ;-)

Posté Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 4:46 pm
JeremK wrote :
For softwares that don't have any competitors, displaying a "Todo List" or "In development feature list" isn't an issue.
But for a software like VirtualDJ, that has something like 4 or 5 competitors, if the software editor shows a "in development feature list", and a competitor software editor is able to release a new version quicker with those exact features, then VirtualDJ's business is dead.

Good point.. OTSDJ was raked over the coals a few times for publishing their 'intentions' and then (for one reason or another) were not able to implement them in a timely matter...

Unlimited updates seem to help with those problems.. IE: angry people promised a feature and not getting it. (probably VDJ biggest selling point).

Posté Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 12:13 pm
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well, i see the point to not let competitors have an edge, but maybe posting whats already being developed and very soon to be released, as they wont be able to catchup anyway.

And making todos for features that every other serious competitors have already (master out midi clock), this too wouldn't hurt ;)

Posté Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 8:29 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 8:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)