Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Unable to install skin

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have the Hercules RMX, which ships with VirtualDJ LE. I just upgraded to Pro. In order to get Pro to "see" the RMX controller, I downloaded the skin file titled: DJCEdition.exe. I left the file in my download directory and attempted to execute it.

Response: a dialogue box which states, "VirtualDJ software not found. You must install VirtualDJ first."

I tried the usual range of troubleshooting procedures, including removal of both LE and Pro; reinstallation of Pro; and attempts to execute DJCEdition.exe from the Skins directory and the Program Files\Virtual DJ directory.

Because of the previous installation of LE, I already have a skin titled DJCEdition:PC, but when I attempt to switch to it in the Configuration>Skins tab, it gives me an error message: "Invalid skin file: error in line 387 XML file.

Suggestions?

Posté Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 10:32 pm
To get VDJ to see the RMX, you need to be sure that you have the very latest drivers from Hercules, then go to config>remote control and activate it (if necessary). The skin should have nothing to do with this. Try using one of the default pro skins to test.

Also, please register your pro software to get more skins and other goodies ;)

Posté Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 10:38 pm
Interesting. I may have more than one problem.

I have the latest drivers. VDJ Console (LE) sees the RMX. To be explicit: when I launch Virtual DJ Console (which shipped with the RMX), I immediately get lights on the RMX. When I close VDJ Console, the lights go out.

When I launch VDJ Pro, the lights do not come back on. When I go to Config > Remote Control, I see tiny images of the various controllers available. (I'm describing this only because I don't know what normal behavior is). None of the options is the RMX, but one of them looks like the MK2. Regardless, the description is "Hercules DJ Console". I select "Activate". No lights on my controller.

...OK, as I'm trying to recreate the problem I'm running into a new issue. VDJ Pro doesn't see my RMX as an ASIO driver. Ugh. I'm tired of troubleshooting this thing tonight.

Posté Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 12:15 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

When you plug the RMX in the 6 or 8 lights should flash on and off for about 5 - 8 secs then go off. The little Icon on your taskbar, near your clock (looks like a record with DJ on it) should go from having a red cross on it, to having no red cross. Once this has happened the RMX is ready.

Launch VirtualDJ, go to Remote Control tab and activate the RMX, by clicking on the mk2 Icon (there is no RMX yet). If you have A version of VirtualDJ 5.07 you should be fine anything less the 5.07 then the RMX won't work.

Posté Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 12:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)