Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet A Novice Needs Help to Learn.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, i just downloaded the free trial version of virtual Dj and i must say i was totally impressed with the addings and the software that i am going to purchase the software but before doing so i have no experience on the software and need lessons from anyone that can put me through. I wanna learn how to mix songs together without d song ever ending and other skills that come with the software like sirens, flangers and other stuffs. I wud appreciate any help that anyone can render to me. Thanks. A

Posté Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:15 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well the only way I can tell you is to say one thing. Practice, practice, practice. Some DJs use quick fades, some long. Some use effects, some never use them, Some mess with the EQs some never touch them. It is all very personal. Let me give you one piece of advice on blending songs. When starting out mixing use the same song on both decks. work on making that one song longer. Then work on messing it up and bringing it back. Its easy with one song, once you get your ear trained to hear the song slipping off beat, try a different song. Select a second song that is only 3% different in BPMs at first. then try going back and forth between the two. After that is is just a matter of timing and practice.

Posté Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 9:41 am
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
were do i begin well i have been mixing records now for 8 years and i still remember when i first started and the first time i made my first beat match so cool.......Well practice practice is a major key but i think you are getting ahead of your self what is your equipment i started on 2 turntables a mixer a set of head phones and a home theater sound system and a bunch of vynil thats how i learned to mix music i suggest you start with the basics first ............

Posté Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:30 pm
Thanks for the idea and i really do appreciate you taking out time to advise me. as much as i would like to start from the basics i can't get access to turntables were i live and i believe the virtual dj has all d necessary features. I just need your best possible advice and skills on how to improve. I wanna know how to blend a song like Fat Joe Aint saying nutthin to another song like timbaland feat keri hilson and nicole scream and it sounds perfect. please teach me d basics. please.

Posté Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 3:48 am
Tried learning today, i must tell you that been a dj takes a lot of work, time and commitment. i will put in the time needed and work my ass out because its my life and i need this change, thanks guys and maybe who knows! Any teaching great teachers cos i still need help.

Posté Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 2:45 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Check out this site.

Some very intresting tutorials. And very helpful for beginners :)

Posté Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 7:45 pm
thanks.

Posté Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 1:40 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
IMO, when learning to beatmix, a DJ should learn music theory to understand the make up of a track. Even the newest DJ can hear the beat. 90% of radio/club music is in 4/4 time. This means four beats make up a measure (segment) of music. Most hip-hop DJ's have heard of 16 bars. Bars is another way to define a measure. 16 measures/bars typically makes up the entire verse. Generally, 8 bars are the intro, outro, and chorus (in radio edits). Start with this to learn the make-up of a track, and it will help with smooth transitions. Of course, practice is the only way to improve. Good luck.

Posté Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 2:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)