Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Skins Development

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
An idea to divide the skin into pieces:

Skin name=" " version=" " width="" height="" number_sub_skins="2" > /* Main part of skin with browser */

sub_skin id="1" name="" group="" width="" height=""/>
sub_skin id="2" name="" group="" width="" height=""/>

Skin/>

////////////////////////////////////////////
Well what i'm trying to explain something like the pannel but for the skin. How does it work? You don't have 1 (xml+bitmap) in the archive but more and you only select sub_skins what you need in the skin (Idea of "Class" of sub_skins)
By default number_sub_skins="0" when VDJ starts so you can make compatible with "old skins"
Instead of "hide" you use "close the skin"

Posté Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 2:23 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why not.
DJCel you have a lot of ideas.

Posté Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 4:36 pm
I think this sounds a bit like an idea I had a while ago and tried to suggest.

Are you trying to suggest splitting skins in to sub elements - like in there own windows??

E.G.
Browser and Playlist in one panel/window, which could be on a whole screen by itself
Effects in their own panel/window, on their own screen too.
Decks/Players in their own panel/window and on their own screen.

This way DJ's could setup VDJ as to their own requirements.
I'd love this.

Posté Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 6:40 pm
Yes that's it
//////////////////////////////

Moreover i discovered a new tip:
i put the browser on a new pannel and it works. But there is something strange that could maybe be improved by the dev team:
when i show the pannel with the browser, it is like iit was hidden by the update of the skin by VDJ. Indeed when i move the mouse above the pannel, parts of the browser begins to appear. Is it possible to always put the browser above the update...???

Posté Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 6:55 pm
DJ Cel - have you managed to get this idea to function, ie on seperate panels that you can arrange how you like?? If so can I see a skin or whatever you have got it working on?

Ross.

Posté Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 2:41 am
I'm using a lot of new things to improve skins but i can't for the moment divide the main skin as I said.
Well, i have created a skin which "share" the skin when you have two screens. On 1 screen, desks+mixer and on the other one browser. But it's on the same skin:2048*768
New example: you can do a skin with a empty background and add only pannels: pannel 1 for desk1, pannel, 2 for desk2, pannel 3 for mixer.You can also divide again mixer and so on (i'm testing that too now) But you always have a background

Posté Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 4:33 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)