Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet User Manual Typo?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ra72Home userMember since 2008
There is a feature called Auto Pitch Matching
On page 37 here http://www.virtualdj.com/images/pdf/VirtualDJ%205.1%20-%20User%20Guide.pdf it read as follows:
"Auto Pitch Matching - when loading a song, automatically adjusts the pitch so that the BPM matches the BPM of the song currently playing"
Can we have the name of this feature changed from Auto Pitch Matching to Auto Tempo Matching to avoid any confusion about VDJ's features
Pitch is defined as 'The highness or lowness of a tone, as determined by the frequency of vibrations per second.'
Tempo is defined as 'The speed of a musical passage or composition.'
If I'm confused about this feature and VDJ actually alters the pitch of the song to match the current song please let me know.

Posté Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 11:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The term 'tempo' only exists in the technical sense of what happens to the music it's self. I am no arguing your explanation.

The word 'Pitch' is synonymous with the pitch fader or slider changing it does not have anything to do with the true technical nature of how the music is transformed. And, what you are implying is that the entire industry would have to change what it calls the 'Pitch' fader or 'Pitch' slider for every hardware and software product to Tempo fader and/or slider .

In VirtualDJ, if key lock is ON and the songs Pitch is lock at 0 and Auto Pitch Matching is ON then yes the tempo of the loaded track is changed to match the tempo of the playing track. If key lock is OFF, then when the tempos are matched the pitch is changed accordingly to the new 'pitched' tempo position.

I will reword the explanation in the next manual revision to better explain the dynamics of musical change vs the action that is performed by the software.

Posté Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 9:05 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)