Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 'Cue / Mix (Monitor)' button on Hercules RMX

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everyone,

I'm using the latest (pro) version of Virtual DJ with my Hercules RMX and Macbook. When I first got my RMX, the console version didn't work (the famous 'error in sound driver'. When I upgrated to pro, everything worked fine. Now after updating to the latest version (5.2.1 I think), at first I got my old 'error in sound driver' back, but was able to resolve the problem with the help of some info on the forum.

Now everything seems to work just fine except for the 'cue / mix (monitor)' button. While mixing two tracks, I can't hear the mix in my headphones (just on the speakers). While playing two tracks at the same time, when I turn the button from 'cue' to 'mix' all it does is turn down the volume in the headphones of the track that is on 'cue select', but I can't hear the track on the other deck.

The button does function by the way. When I move the button, the line in Virtual DJ does move from 'cue' to 'mix'.

With my previous version of Virtual DJ, I didn't have this problem...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Posté Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 3:37 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Did you select the headphone option in your sound setup?

Posté Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 11:08 pm
lanieHome userMember since 2008
Hey,

I have the same problem, and I selected the headphones but it still doesn't work.
Does somebody know what I must do?

Posté Tue 12 May 09 @ 11:11 am
I have the same issue here, the cue/mix does not work, any idea why?
Virtual DJ Pro Version 6.07 w/ Hercules RMX and a HP laptop with XP

Posté Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 1:30 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@ Antonio

Did you noticed that this section of the forum is related to MAC computers?

Nonetheless, is the Sound Setup of VDJ configured as such:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

Posté Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 1:42 pm
jhawkHome userMember since 2010
DJ Phatso:

I have mine setup the way in which you suggested, but my problem is that i can only hear my mixing through my headphones plugged into the Hercules RMX - NOT my speakers. Suggestions??

Posté Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 7:27 pm
Hello jhawk,

I am not sure I understand what you mean, as I don't know if your question is related to the Cue to mix setting (as the topic is: Cue / Mix (Monitor)' button on Hercules RMX) or to where you should connect your speakers.
1) The cue to mix button is active only on the output channel 3-4 (the preview channel, where the headphones are hard-wired) so it is logical this button does nothing on the speaker output (output channel 1-2)
2) you should connect your speakers to the Rmx speaker 1-2, not to the computer sound card.

Posté Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 8:40 am
when you connect your rca cables to the rmx you lose your bass thats on mine aways

Posté Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 1:02 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@Lodoss24

What type of speakers are you using exactly ?

Posté Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 5:58 am
Hello people,
i have a mac OS X version 10.6.8 and the hercules DJ RMX console and for some reason every time i try to cue a song thru my headphones it doesnt work. i was wondering if someone out there could help me out.
~THANK YOU~

Posté Fri 14 Oct 11 @ 8:14 pm

Posté Sat 15 Oct 11 @ 12:12 pm
Hello folks

I had the problem where my Hercules DJ Console RMX would not let me 'cue select' and the button would not light up. I rang Hercules and still had no joy. However, I tried the console on another machine and found the answer to my problem.

In the config screen of Virtual DJ make sure PFL have the command SELECT and not cue select. This corrected my problem. Happy happy joy joy!

Reidstar

Posté Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 10:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)