Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet REMAINING TIME instead of ELAPSED TIME - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Personally, I don't need to know how much time has passed since the track started. I need to know how much time is left, so I can mix in the new track.

We should have the ability to set it in VirtualDJ to REMAINING TIME once and not have to change it every time we open a new VDJ session.

This should be assignable somewhere in the CONFIG dialog box, in the Options tab.

Posté Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 10:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
chris, depending on the skin you use a lot of them have that feature nowadays, i use the cue skin and that feature is already built in.

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 12:55 am
tayla wrote :
chris, depending on the skin you use a lot of them have that feature nowadays, i use the cue skin and that feature is already built in.

Thanks tayla.

But I like the VDJ skin. I really dig the little turntables!

I'm not big on using skins that weren't specifically designed by the VDJ programmers. VDJ default skins have been tested. The skins everybody makes that I've tried, to me, seem glitchy.

Seriously, I think it would be a great feature to have in the Options in VirtualDJ.

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 1:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just modify the parameter in the default VDJ skin then - edit the XML and swap %Pspent and %Pleft around for both decks ;)

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 4:46 am
nice little trick to remember

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 4:57 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
In a few of the skins you can click on the time display and it will toggle from one version to the other Chris... ;-)

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 7:45 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 8:49 am
SBDJ wrote :
Just modify the parameter in the default VDJ skin then - edit the XML and swap %Pspent and %Pleft around for both decks ;)

That's awesome. Thanks, Scott.

Posté Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 6:31 pm
No problem :)

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 5:02 am
SBDJ, you are a god among men! Thanks for the tip on modifying the elapsed time thing. Now I have one less thing about VV that annoys me :)

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 10:52 am
SBDJ wrote :

Scott, I can't find the xml file on my computer. Where does it go when you install VDJ?

Oh yeah, what's the file called?

Thanks.

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 4:43 pm
OK. I found it. How do I change it? Some kind of XML editor, huh?

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 5:13 pm
djchris73 wrote :

You can change it in notepad Chris...

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 5:19 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
djchris73 wrote :

You can change it in notepad Chris...

Copy the .xml file and past it in notepad? Edit it and save as the new .xml file?

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 5:31 pm
that should work...I would keep a copy of the original..in case anything went wrong.

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 5:47 pm
That didn't work....

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 7:04 pm
chris open it in notepad do adjustments and close, you will be asked if you want to save and select save, then save, should be set after that.

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 8:33 pm
I was able to open it and make the adjustments. But it's more involved than just swapping those values in the XML files. After I had made the changes the skin opened up and it looked the same. What was different was the values. The default display: Elapsed time was now displaying remaining time and vice versa. I have to find where the actual word: Remaining and Elapsed are and swap them too.

Posté Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 10:15 pm
OK try this instead then;

For each deck find the line with the %Pspent and %Pleft lines. One will start <text and end </text>, and one will start <text2 and end </text2>. Swap the IDs around:

Old:

<text font="Verdana" size="16" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="right" format="%Pspent"><icon><size width="40" height="7"/><pos x="461" y="109"/><down x="+0" y="+768"/></icon></text>
<text2 font="Verdana" size="16" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="right" format="%Pleft"><icon><size width="35" height="7"/><pos x="447" y="109"/><down x="+0" y="+1536"/></icon></text2>

New:

<text2 font="Verdana" size="16" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="right" format="%Pspent"><icon><size width="40" height="7"/><pos x="461" y="109"/><down x="+0" y="+768"/></icon></text2>
<text font="Verdana" size="16" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="right" format="%Pleft"><icon><size width="35" height="7"/><pos x="447" y="109"/><down x="+0" y="+1536"/></icon></text>

Posté Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 6:13 am
Scott,
All you do is swap the where the 2 is, right?

The lines, values and %Pspent and &Pleft stay in the same place, but you just move the 2 in text2?

Posté Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 7:40 am
83%