Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Midi and nudge wheels etc.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

I can't find any answer to this so forgive me if it has been answered before.

I've read somewhere that ALL functions of VDJ include the analogue inputs are now midi mappable. Has anyone had any success in mapping say the jog wheels to a midi controller? Specially am interested perhaps in something like the Mixstation DM2 controller.

Its only that I've purchased the Maya44USB and it is so much better than the DJ Console that I'm now interested in a pure controller (without sound card). A soundcardless XP10 would be brilliant but I realise that probably isn't going to happen.

It doesn't matter too much if not as I've ordered a pair of CDJs and intend to use timecode CDs anyway. However, it would be nice to have an alternative. If something like the DM2 did work properly then the combination of the Maya44 + DM2 + External Mixer would be killer.

Posté Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 12:22 pm
the jogwheels should be mappable.... seem to recall I mapped them as midi w/ the DJ console

Posté Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 4:26 pm
al0000PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, i've tried that too, no luck.

It seems that everything is indeed mapable, but for some reason, VDJ receives jog wheel's left and right MIDI command as the same. Meaning...you cannot use the jogwheel via midi (whatever you do, it will always act as you turh the wheels right)

The Gismolabs midi driver seperates left and right turn of the jogwheel as different, but NOT VDJ.

Alex

Posté Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 3:10 am
i noticed that with the jog wheel too.

it just reads the jog wheel as turning right. like al0000 said

bummer.
i think i was trying to map it to the pitch

Posté Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 9:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)