Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Is It Possible To Temporarily Lower The ...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
Is it possible to create a shortcut that slightly takes the level of a deck DOWN (up) 'temporarily. eg while talking, scratching? either level or crossfader...

to me scratching sounds better when its a little in the background ...

Posté Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 2:47 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Of course you can do that. Go to the settings ans create it in the key shortcuts section:
=> use the action "level"
=> "0" to cut the sound , 4096 to set to the max
(you can have increase/decrease too by using + or - before the value)
=> click on "temporary"
=> define the deck where you want to use it (active or default or desk1 or desk2)
=> define your key

Posté Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 9:40 am
ive tried that with the +/- but it doesnt work as expected. when i release the shortcut key the volume shoots up to maximum (level) or the other side of the deck (crossfade).
it only seems to work if i have the volume maxed.

Posté Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 2:43 pm
well
level(0) temporary on desk 1 : temporary cut level 1
level(0) temporary on desk 2 : temporary cut level 2

If you use Crossfader:
crossfader(0) equals to level(4096) on desk 1 and level(0) on desk 2
crossfader(4096) equals to level(0) on desk 1 and level(4096) on desk 2

I asked to change the value of "crossfader_volume" what would be great and easier for my plugin "crossfader behaviors" but no answer from the dev team(we can already get the value but we can't set it). I always hope because it would very improved the power of the crossfader (the included crossfader of VDJ with the curves of my plugin :-) )!!

Posté Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 9:49 pm
thanx cel but i already did all that when i was customizing my shortcuts to exactly to pcdj's
S=(-110) volume level deck A (Ctrl +S = -5000)
D=(+110) level
G= (-)crossfade (Ctrl+G = -5000)
H= middle, crossfader reset
J=(+)crossfade (Ctrl+J = +5000)
L=(-110) volume level B (Ctrl+L = -5000)
;=(+110) volume level B

---
i guess what i'm asking for isnt possible because i dont want to cut the volume. i just wanted it (smoothly) a little lower and when i release the keyboard shortcut i'd like it to go back to what it previously was...
eg. Shift + S= volume level temporarily -400. and when released it doesnt shoot up to max level like its doing.

---
and yes i agree with you some values could be changed a little bit for them to be precise... eg... seeking.. if the values could be in decimals, then to precisely set a cue one doesnt have to use seek then nudge to precisely get a part.

Posté Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 10:40 am
Indeed level(-128) on [..desk..] (temporary) does something strange. Never noticed that because i thought it worked as the other slider :-(

Posté Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 11:50 am
acts the same way with the crossfade...

Posté Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 5:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)