- Hardware Manuals Index
- Hercules Index
- DJConsole RMX2
- DJControl Compact
- DJControl Wave
- Inpulse 200
- Inpulse 300
- Inpulse 500
- Instinct P8
- P32 DJ
- Universal DJ
S. SHIFT. Hold this button down to access secondary functions for the most of the buttons and knobs of the unit.
M. MODE. Indicates the selected operation mode.
B. BLUETOOTH. Bluetooth pairing indicator. Will flash while trying to pair with a Bluetooth device and will be solid on if paired.
- CROSSFADER. Blends audio and video between the left and right decks.
- VOLUME. Adjust the Volume of left/right decks.
- EQ-BASS. Adjust the Low (Bass) frequencies for each deck.
- EQ-MID. Adjust the Mid (Middle) frequencies for each deck.
- EQ-TREBLE. Adjust the High (Treble) frequencies for each deck.
- PFL. Select which deck(s) will be sent to the Prelisten (Headphones) channel
- LOAD. Use these buttons to load the selected track from the Browser to the left or right deck. Hold the same button for more than 1 second to unload the same deck.
- BROWSE. Use this encoder to scroll through tracks or folders. Hold SHIFT and then use this encoder to cycle through the available views of Sideview window.
Push the encoder to cycle the focus through the visible Browser windows (Folders, Songs, Sideview).
If the focus is on the Folders list, hold SHIFT and then push the encoder to open/close subfolders. If focus is on the Songs list, hold SHIFT and then push the encoder to add the selected track to the Automix list of Sideview.
- SCRATCH. Use this button to enable/disable the Vinyl mode for both left and right jogwheels.
- REC. Use this button to start/stop recording your mix. Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to manually cut the recording into sequential tracks.
- MAGIC. Enable/disable Automix (tracks from the Automix List will be automatically loaded and mixed to the active deck). Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to force mixing the playing track of Automix with the next track.
- PLAY/PAUSE. Use this button to play/pause the loaded track on each deck. Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to play-stutter the track.
- CUE. When a Deck is paused, you can set a temporary Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the Cue Button. The Cue point can be stored using one of the 3 Top buttons (13).See HotCues
During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.).
If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it. To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to stop the track at the previous Cue point and cycle through the available Cue points if stopped.
- SYNC. Press this button to automatically match the tempo of the track with the opposite deck. Hold SHIFT down and then tap this button on tempo to manually set the BPM of the track
- JOGWHEEL. Touch sensitive platter for scratching or bending depending on the Vinyl mode. In Vinyl mode bending can be performed using the outer side of the platter.
Hold SHIFT down and then use the platter to fast search through the track (seek).
- PITCH. Adjust the track's playback tempo.
- PARAMETER ENC. Offers different functionality depending on the selected Pads mode. See further details in Pads
- PAD MODES. Select one of the 4 available modes for the Pads (19). See further details in Pads
- PADS. The 8 numbered Pads offer different functionality depending on the selected mode. See further details in Pads
- PHONES SOCKET. Connect your Headphones.
- PHONES VOL. Press and/or hold down these buttons to gradually increase/decrease the Volume of the Headphones (Prelisten) Channel.
- PAIRING. Use this button to pair the Universal DJ unit with a Bluetooth device (i-device or Android tablet)
- USB. Connect the unit with your computer using the provided USB cable
- MODE SWITCH. Select the operation mode for the Universal DJ. The mode status will be visible at the top panel.
Select the Laptop mode if you wish to control VirtualDJ only with your computer.
Select the Multi-Screen mode, if you wish to control VirtualDJ with both your computer and your remote device (the Master Application is required to be installed). See Remote Control. See Remote Control
VirtualDJ is not offering a stand-alone remote application, therefore the Tablet mode will only mute the sound output and will not offer any functionality. See Hercules website for alternative applications.
- AUX. Connect an analogue media source (CD player, media player etc.) using standard RCA cable and route the input to a VirtualDJ deck. See Inputs
- MASTER MIX. Connect your amplifier or amplified speakers using standard RCA cable or 1/8” stereo jack.