- Hardware Manuals Index
- Roland Index
This is a 16-step sequencer. It lets you create a rhythm track using the sounds of the Roland TR-909/TR-808/TR-707/TR-606 rhythm machines or samples from the selected VirtualDJ Sampler Bank, or perform rhythms by striking the performance pads.
- VALUE. Changes the value of settings such as tempo, pattern scale, or shuffle.
Note, that the Tempo of the TRS will always match the tempo of the Master Deck, so when a deck is playing, the tempo of the TRS cannot be changed.
- LCD. Displays the tempo of the TRS along with some other info.
- SYNC Press this button to turn on the synchronization of the phase of the Sequencer with the phase of the Master Deck.
Hold SHIFT down and then press this button to turn off the phase synchronization.
- SCALE Selects one of the following choices as the time value of one step. Press this button and then use the VALUE knob to select one of the following scale values
8th note triplet : Three steps will be one beat.
16th note triplet : Six steps will be one beat.
16th note : Four steps will be one beat.
32nd note : Eight steps will be one beat.
Hold SHIFT and then press the button to specify the last step.
- SHUFFLE Adjusts shuffle (rhythmic swing).
Hold SHIFT down to set the nudge setting
- MUTE Mutes the selected instrument
- TR-REC Lets you step-record a pattern.
Hold SHIFT down and then use this button to realtime-record a pattern using the performance pads (INST REC).
- INST. Select the instruments when using TR-REC
Hold SHIFT and then press this button (will blink) to set the kit for instruments or switches the Sampler Banks of VirtualDJ. Use buttons 13 - 16 to select Banks 1 to 4
- PATTERN Lets you select rhythm patterns 1–16.
Hold SHIFT and then use this button to add an accent to the step when using TR-REC.
- START/STOP : Plays/stops the pattern.
[SHIFT] +[START/STOP] : Replays the currently-playing pattern from the beginning.
- TR-S pads – Use these buttons to turn steps on/off or to select patterns, instruments or select VirtualDJ Samples as instruments.
- CLEAR Deletes the content recorded by TR-REC for a specific instrument, or deletes the pattern.
- LEVEL Adjusts the volume of the instrument selected by the [BD] / [SD] / [CH] / [OH] buttons.
- ATTACK Adjusts the strength of the attack if the [BD] button is selected, or adjusts the sound of the snare rattle if the [SD] button is selected. * If the [CH] or [OH] button is selected, this knob does nothing.
- TUNE Adjusts the tuning (pitch) of the instrument selected by the [BD]/[SD]/[CH]/[OH] buttons.
- DECAY Adjusts the decay of the instrument selected by the [BD]/[SD]/[CH]/[OH] buttons.
Note : Most of the following information have been copied from the official Roland DJ-505 Manual
Read further details about the TR Sampler in the Roland DJ-505 manual Front & Rear