Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sync, beat match n play - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

There is a way to make the sync button sync, beat match and play a track does anyone know how to achieve this?

Posté Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 2:02 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Press Shift and Space Bar at the same time, the default deck will automatically play and beatmatch with the active deck.
Or try using and download the plugin Fader Start. There is an option to do the same as the above but with the use of the software fader.
Hope that will help.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 9:45 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can also right click mouse on Sync button on the skin.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 10:05 am
djosloHome userMember since 2007
Hello.

Im testing the trial on my Denon HC4500, and im loving it.
But last night i was using it, of some reason the 2 tracks suddenly beat matched of som reason.....and it wasnt supose to do that.
And i couldnt turn the sync button off.
So i had to restart Virtual dj.

Why is this happening, and how can i shut the sync button off??

Halvor

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 3:11 am
djoslo wrote :

last night i was using it, of some reason the 2 tracks suddenly beat matched of som reason.....and it wasnt supose to do that.

Halvor

Maybe you mean beatlock not sync. You maybe accidentally pressed the shortcut of beatlock which is keyboard letter B. Press it once (B) and see what will happen.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 7:20 am
djosloHome userMember since 2007
DJRANES!!!!!

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just tried it and yes it was B beatlock.
Good to have you to help a newbee......

Halvor

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 1:21 pm
Wait, I need something cleared up here. Isn't the Sync button the same as beatlock? I assume that if deck 2 is playing, and you want to beatlock deck 1 to deck 2, you press Sync on deck 1 when deck 1 is playing. You can also right click the play button or the Sync button on deck 1 when deck 1 is stopped, and that will beatlock deck 1 to deck 2. If you left click Sync when deck 1 is stopped, that will not beatlock, but just match the BPMs. So is matching BPM the same as Sync-ing?

Maybe we need to clarify what the terms Sync and beatlock mean.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:19 pm
Beatlock follows and locked with the CBG of the certain track, e.g the big and small square under your track (on the display panel). If you are blending an offset CBG-beat track (deck 1) to the perfectly align CBG & beat track (deck 2) all you can hear from your master output is a miss matched beat between the two songs, considering your pressed the (B) beatlock function but if you unpressed (B) and use sync instead you will get a real beatmatched tracks with the real track beats.

Note: Pressing right click on play button when the track is playing is not always applicable in beat sync-ing of the tracks, in all skins, old skins doesn't function like this as per my observation.

Posté Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 1:04 am
If this was covered I apologize in advance and hope someone can send me a link.... I have been stubborn and holding onto 4.3 for the longest time simply because I was so used to it and I never have problems with it... With 6.0 and 6.01 I am pretty excited and think I have the opportunity to custimize this thing...

First thing I am trying to do...

Create a buttom (ie "sync") or a KEY that while playing a song on deck 1 or 2 will automatically play the loaded song on the non-playing deck, while matching the beat blocks up top, matching BPM, and cross fade to the new deck...

Any help is appeciated...

Thanks,

Vin.

Posté Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 3:20 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi

Try this....

match_bpm & play_sync & auto_crossfade

you can set the time it takes to crossfade too eg "match_bpm & play_sync & auto_crossfade 2000ms"
it works for the active deck

see if thats what your looking for.

PJay

Posté Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 3:30 pm
If you want it to play the song and crossfade no matter which deck is the active deck, then let me know and i will modify it for you

PJay

Posté Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 3:32 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
There is a way to make the sync button sync, beat match and play a track does anyone know how to achieve this?

Sure!

In options->mappers, change the SYNC button action to: sync & beatlock & play

One caveat, however. For this to work properly, you should probably change "disengage beatlock" in options to "on Load" to prevent it from being engaged when you load a track that you DON'T want synced.

If you only want the beat to be synced when the track is started and NOT locked to the other deck for the duration of the song, use: sync & key_lock & play.

BTW, this does not crossfade the incoming track. If you want to do that, you'd just use a 'mix_now' command in the button action. This already tries to sync the incoming track natively.

Posté Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 3:34 pm
ok...this is along the lines of what I was thinking but how do i assign multiple commands to one key? do I seperate with a comma or & ??

Posté Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:55 pm
Have one key......

set "my_var" 1 while_pressed
like a sort of shift button....

then set other keys.....

var_equal "my_var" 1 ? my_action2 : my_actions1

this way it checks if your pressing the first button and if it returns true then it will perform my_action2
if it returns false it will perform my_action1

hope that makes sense

PJay

Posté Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 12:35 am
You lost me... I am not a tech wiz with this so I appreciate your patience...

I know how to get to config, then mappers where you assign commands to keys... lost as what exactly to put on the command line to a single key say (S) to make this work...

Vin.

Posté Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:04 pm
is it that you want to do multiple commands at the same time?

if so then ...... my_action1 & my_action2 & my_action3 ..... and so on

for example... play & loop 4 & effect 1 active

PJay

Posté Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:27 pm
Ok.. We are SOOOO close... I am using..

sync & beatlock & play & mix_now

the problem I am having is that VDJ is adjusting the speed of the currently playing deck obviously causing it not to sound right... I need it to sync the non-playing deck with no change to the currently playing... Is there a way to do this?

Posté Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 7:44 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I would either select beat lock first, or set it outside of this macro. I use this:

SYNC = holding ? play & sync & mix_now : sync

If you don't have a controler, I would map this to you CTRL key for deck 1 and ALT key for deck 2 (or whatever makes sense to you) because you need to hold the mapped key for the deck to be played for it not to effect the playing deck.

CTRL = holding ? deck 1 play & sync & mix_now : sync
ALT = holding ? deck 2 play & sync & mix_now : sync

Just hold the key that you mapped for the deck to be played (not playing yet) and let it go just before the wide "keys" in the computer beat grid of the waveform window meet. When you let the button go it will play the deck, then sync (adjust BPM and line up beats) and then fade next song in automatically. On my Hercules RMX with the sync button map it has no effect on the playing deck. The sencond example should work, but i have not tested it.

Posté Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 8:23 pm
Thanks!!!! I have had this problem happen a few times and it was driving me nuts!

djranes wrote :
djoslo wrote :

last night i was using it, of some reason the 2 tracks suddenly beat matched of som reason.....and it wasnt supose to do that.

Halvor

Maybe you mean beatlock not sync. You maybe accidentally pressed the shortcut of beatlock which is keyboard letter B. Press it once (B) and see what will happen.

Posté Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 10:20 am
Please how can i play only the beats of a song

Posté Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 9:49 pm
80%