Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Numark M1Usb - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

hey whats up...I want to know if this mixer will control the vdj software....or do i need the maya44 also how do i set it up

Posté Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 5:45 pm
It won't Control the software, just the audio from the computer.

The USB part of the mixer is a USB soundcard that is a pretty good quality.

These mixers are NON-ASIO so they will not be able to be used with timecodes.

Think of them as a high quality soundblaster built into the mixer.

Posté Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 6:00 pm
do you know of a mixer that is asio so i wont have to buy the maya44 or do i still have to get it

Posté Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 9:39 am
You have to get the Mya if you want to use any kind of mixer.

However you can also use the Hercules line of products as a Soundcard that will work with your TurnTablkes

Posté Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 9:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Perhaps if you want a Souncard and controller the Omni control is for you.

Posté Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 5:26 pm
so the m1usb cant control vdj? but it can be used as a sound card to connect an amp or powered speakers?

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 10:53 am
You don't need a soundcard with this mixer because it is a USB mixer which doubles as a soundcard. I know because I have the M1USB's big brother, the C3USB. It is not a MIDI controller however so you will still need to buy a Numark DMC2 or other controller for that.

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posté Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 3:26 pm
why wont my cross fader or eq levels work with vdj? i have the m1usb but the crossfader eq levels and deck levels wont work
what am i doing wrong?

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 9:05 pm
thekev118 wrote :
why wont my cross fader or eq levels work with vdj? i have the m1usb but the crossfader eq levels and deck levels wont work
what am i doing wrong?

Thats because its not a midi mixer, its only a sound card but it does not have any kind of midi control.

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 9:32 pm
ok thank you
i also have a bcd2000 (piece of junk that why i got the m1usb as a sound card)
if i configure the mixer as the sound card
will i still be able to sample and cue the songs with the bcd2000?

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 9:44 pm
cause if i cant sample and cue with the bcd2000 then i have to figure out how to another way

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes you can control everything with your BCD2000. It's a midi controller.

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 5:08 pm
thanks for the help

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 5:27 pm
So, pretty much buying the Numark M1usb is useless because you still need an interface such as the Maudio interface, right?

Now, I wonder if anyone of you guys in here can answer me this, what if you buy the American Audio Radius 1000, and use it with the Numark MX6 mixer, do I still need an interface?

Posté Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 10:55 pm
I just got a numark m1 usb. I am not sure how it works, the person who sold it to me said it would work with any dj software. it even came with this software called cue. a demo version. I am trying to figure out how to use this mixer, so i dont need to keep using a mouse all the time to dj, and I can hear my song i an goung to mix next. I also want to know if i can use it as a cue, to hear what i am putting on next. Sorry about the post, i know its an old one. i seen in some posts that this mixer was not good for vdj, so what exactly does a usb mixer do, and why do some you tube videos are showing it DOES work with vdj? someone plz help.

Posté Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 8:44 am
The Numark M1 USB is a standard DJ mixer with built-in 2 channel USB sound card (I.e: For output of each VirtualDJ deck to a separate channels on the mixer.)

Unfortunately it is not MIDI capable so cannot control the software in any way. If you wish to control the software without a mouse, you will need a MIDI controller.

Or you could use standard DJ CD players with timecode CD or vinyl to control song playback (You will need a 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card for this such as Hercules DJ Trim - The USB cards in the mixer are not suitable for timecode use.)

However, the two USB cards will allow you to pre-listen if you configure VirtualDJ for External Mixer and 2 sound cards in its sound settings. Once configured, you would plug your headphones into the mixer and use the CH1/CH2 slider to choose which channel to pre-listen to.

Posté Thu 18 Feb 10 @ 1:06 pm
l_mm11Home userMember since 2010
Hi, I'm thinking of buying the numark m1 usb mixer; but now after reading some discussions i see its almost useless..
ok so I have the virtual dj and an extra sound card to be able to cue just with my mac....
so then if i hook up the mixer with the virtual dj and put the setiings to two soundcards and a mixer, would I be able to cue or preview the song directly from the numark mixer? or is not possible to do this ..
thank you..

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 3:46 pm
l_mm11Home userMember since 2010
ok,, so if it has a MIDI to be able to control the vdj,, can anyone tell me if the M-Audio X-Session Pro MIDI/USB DJ Mixer Controller is any good?, I am looking to a cheap mixer thats why..

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 3:58 pm
From the technical specification the M1 has two separate built-in USB sound cards, so you can use it with VirtualDJ Pro with each deck output to a separate channel on the mixer (Outputs: External Mixer and Sound cards: 2 cards in VDJ's sound setup.) This will allow headphone monitoring by plugging your headphones into the mixer itself (In the same way you would if you were using it for traditional CD's or vinyl.) It does require TWO USB cables though - One for each sound card.

What it cannot do is directly control song playback in VirtualDJ, e.g: Play, cue, pitch, scratch, etc. For that you either need a MIDI controller, or you could use traditional CD or vinyl decks with timecode CD's/vinyl (Timecode requires a 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card (Such as Hercules DJ Trim), so the USB sound cards in the M1 mixer would be no good for timecode use.)

If you are just intending to control VirtualDJ with your mouse/keyboard and use the external mixer to manipulate and pre-listen to the sound independently, then the M1 is suitable for this purpose.

If you don't already have hardware, then you might be better off with a Hercules DJ Console RMX, the new MK4 (Cheaper, and available soon) or the older MK2 if it's still available.

These are all-in-one MIDI controllers with a built-in sound card and everything you need, including a FREE Console Edition of VirtualDJ (You can upgrade from this to Pro at a discount if you wish.)

They give you a software mixer (Allowing you to control volume, gain, EQ's, crossfade, etc.) and two decks to directly control playback of the songs in VirtualDJ (Play, cue, pitch, jogwheels for cueing/scratching, etc.)

Posté Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 2:04 pm
please help someone....i have denon dns3700 korg mixer....and tecnics 1210, im willing to sale my mixer and buy a digital mixer if thats what i need to get my vdj working correctly.....i also am using the deejaytrim 4 and 6.............will a digital mixer solve my problems or does it have to be a midi controlller???

Posté Tue 25 May 10 @ 8:43 pm
65%