Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet any one else not taking chris brown request?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i officially added 'No chris brown' to my request sheet.
if someone ask for chris brown i play rihanna

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 10:28 am
HAHA, is this a joke?

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 12:34 pm
nope even radio stations stopped playing his songs

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 1:06 pm
I never really had to stop taking his requests - I just never really got any besides "Closer"

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 1:07 pm
so, u not gonna take james brown requests... or al greene or rick james... they've all been known to slap a chick around.
I'm not saying it's OK, cuz it's not, but I wouldn't stop playing his music.

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 7:47 pm
no just something i choose to do cause it is relevant right now. not a permenate thing. but actually i dont play james brown rick james or ike turnner either :)

Posté Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:59 am
Right after I play "Umbrella", I play "Beat that bitch with a bat", because I am fair and balanced. Actually, that is a joke, but it just shows how ludicrous it would be for me to judge all the artist I play. I still play Proud Mary, Sexual Healing, and Milli Vanilli. Basically, I will play any good music that will get people dancing. If I only played music by upstanding human beings, I would be out of business. I know for a fact that most of the people that I play for are not upstanding human beings. Wait a minute.......I have not been an upstanding citizen all my life. Good thing my clients have not held some of my mistakes against me, and believe me, most of them know.

As a matter of fact, I thought all human beings were flawed.

Posté Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 12:49 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Very good points AMAHM,

It's a bit late to start getting moral in this business, however I do understand you've got an image to protect and sometimes it's best to give in to the pressure in order to protect yourself. There has to be a limit and your music has to be appropriate, for example if 50 cent was to slap a kid publically because this kid was hassling him, you wouldn't even play the "clean" 50 cent songs at weddings or anywhere there are children and many parents present.

If you get enough diction from your Hip Hop you probably know it's not based on values, the same goes for most pop music.
You hear all this crap in their records about them doing this and doing that, and it all seems acceptable while there is a pinch of salt or fiction involved, the moment someone does the kind of crap they rap/sing about we seem troubled by it.

It's hypocritical beyond the realms of ridiculous.

The truth is that we are hired to entertain through the medium of music, and we judge the music based on its popularity and sometimes what we personally recommend to our audience.
This is a time consuming process, we don’t have the time to study the content of the author’s character. That’s someone else’s job.

All we can do is take due care and make sure that what we play and where we play it is appropriate for the audience.

Posté Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 3:20 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A Man and His Music wrote :

Nuh uh Rick, I play all Pat Boone, all the time.......

Posté Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 8:07 am
bagpuss wrote :
Very good points AMAHM,

The truth is that we are hired to entertain through the medium of music, and we judge the music based on its popularity and sometimes what we personally recommend to our audience.
This is a time consuming process, we don’t have the time to study the content of the author’s character. That’s someone else’s job.

this is almost the point of what i am saying...at the club i dj at the crowd you mainly cater too are the girls to keep the dance floor busy. these females have strong feelings right now about what chris brown alegedly did so playing chris brown at this moment actually causes grumbles.... putting no chris brown on my request sheet brings comments and smiles. i guess it all goes down to knowing your crowd

Posté Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 2:11 pm
TearEmUp wrote :

Nuh uh Rick, I play all Pat Boone, all the time.......

while chris brown and michael jackson are both immoral, uncouth, and possibly downright evil, just remember one important thing:

PAT BOONE IS THE ANTI-CHRIST!

Posté Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 6:46 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 9:13 am
Not that I officially banned Chris B from my sets, I just sort of dropped him from my rotation. If someone did request him I would play him depending on the crowd. But wouldn't if i thought it may offend the bigger part of the crowd. Just another decision to make again while in the booth.

Posté Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 2:08 pm
Whats the difference for us, she went back to him, so apparently hes alright in her book...

Posté Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 2:56 am
its just classy to play her when theres a request for him

Posté Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 8:21 pm
Right after I play "Umbrella", I play "Beat that bitch with a bat", because I am fair and balanced. Actually, that is a joke, but it just shows how ludicrous it would be for me to judge all the artist I play. I still play Proud Mary, Sexual Healing, and Milli Vanilli. Basically, I will play any good music that will get people dancing. If I only played music by upstanding human beings, I would be out of business. I know for a fact that most of the people that I play for are not upstanding human beings. Wait a minute.......I have not been an upstanding citizen all my life. Good thing my clients have not held some of my mistakes against me, and believe me, most of them know.

Amen

Posté Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 2:05 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Whats the difference for us, she went back to him, so apparently hes alright in her book...

we werent playing his songs before (they had already died out around here) so it didnt really matter much for us either way, but i'm sure we'll see them on an episode of Cops sometime in the near future.

Posté Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 3:01 am
i officially added 'No chris brown' to my request sheet.
if someone ask for chris brown i play rihanna

Yeah I never get any of his request either. We play alot of hip hop but only the good ones but yeah I have decided to Just say no to Chris Brown but now I have changed my mind after reading this forum and will now say ok to it and play Rihanna instead.

Posté Mon 18 May 09 @ 7:09 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)