Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Can someone affiliated with VDJ explain how a thread started by a “legal user” (yours truly) of your product that discussed illegal users intruding into the forums gets deleted?—Crack Rehab. Furthermore, can someone also explain why the following threads started by “illegal users” of your product are allowed to remain?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7795

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7715

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7600

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=7606

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4380

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4058

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4097

OO

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 8:50 pm
Double O, I've had threads vaporize also. Back in the day when we used to debate EKS XP10 vs. Atomix XP10, threads would just poof. Atomix said it was server problems, which is probably what happened to your thread. Server problems (wink)

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 8:56 pm
You might be right anewsome. I also wonder how “illegal users” are intruding into the forums?

OO

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:08 pm
Maybe someone affiliated with VDJ can explain that to you O Double....

OO

b.t.w. I will not use "O Double" again; I just wanted to prove a point.

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:12 pm
maybe they're looking for support on their unpaid software???

I know that when ever I used the cracked version in the past I wasn't stupid enough to go ahead and ask help on how to fix issues because the first thing someone would say is "buy the software and we'll help you."

I'm not the brightest person out there although I know not to ask for support unless I own a product. I would just wish everyone else had the sense to do the same.

oh and I don't think intruding should be the word Double O...maybe one thing the forum admins can do is scan everyone's version of the software and if someone is using a hacked version to automaticly ban that forum member's account.

I think it would save us all the time of answering the stupid questions on how to fix a hacked version anyhow.

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:21 pm
DJ_whiteDVL: “I don't think intruding should be the word Double O...”

If a thief steals your valuables, would you invite him to your house? Also, if the thief came to your house uninvited while you had guest there, would you consider that "intruding"? Furthermore, how do you think your guest would feel if every time they came to your house a different thief was there and you did nothing to stop it??????????????????????????????????

I rest my case….

OO

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:38 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I feel the suction, but I ain't goin' there......

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:41 pm
LMAO

You have a VERY good point Double O!

and I agree with you on that one 100%

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:43 pm
SlomPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Isn't the real point that if some broke into your house and stole a load of your stuff then came back the next day asking how to use it all? I admit I've used cracked versions od softwear before but known that I'll never get the support, I've forgoten what my point is now but anyway asking for help with cracked software is really taking the piss!

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 9:48 pm
I get all your points, and I think none of these posts are on topic,... specifically - what happened to his original thread!

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 10:40 pm
I think the VDJ staff knows that closing the forums completely to non-registered users would make sales drop. You just have to deal with the negative stuff that comes with having an open forum I guess.

Maybe only letting the no license users post in a specific area would be a good idea. The rest of the forums could be read only to them. That way they could read about the way we set it up and use it but still post about any questions they may have in the Trial version forum.

Killabee44

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 10:46 pm
SlomPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, how about having demo registeration?

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 10:54 pm
Slom: “Isn't the real point that if some broke into your house and stole a load of your stuff then came back the next day asking how to use it all?”

The analogy I gave DJ_whiteDVL does not “point” out what the thief did. Instead, it “points" out what the guest consistently see (thieves) when they visit the owners house. Although my analogy was directed toward DJ_whiteDVL, it indirectly references someone else here. If he continues to allow thieves to enter his house, mingle with his guest, eat at his table, etc… then that’s his prerogative.

OO

Posté Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 11:48 pm
But giving the benefit of doubt is not inhuman and besides if we shunted all crack users we would not have rehab members and we do............have a few.
So maybe the theif coming to your house.......etc would see that these people at this party and actually cool and in a lot of cases turn his life around, be a good boy and join the club
My 2 cents
Andre

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 1:25 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I agree, give a thief a meal and a bath and it changes his whole attitude.

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 2:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I like the suggestion that was made in the ??'missing' thread?? about having a General Discussion Area that non-registered users have access to and then Lock down all the others forums to only Registered users.

-- my nickle of thought --

cstoll

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 2:58 am
Ban them , once a non - registered user is rude and wasting time ,ban them from the forom.I dont know if it is possible but once they submit their user name and password in community forom , reget their entry.It is sad to see nearly every post I read is about problems with illegal users ,rather than comments of the best software in the world.

b.t.w. working on getting D real thing (vdj)

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 5:10 am
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
[Expecting the un-explained]
1) If you hav'nt experienced the worse, how can you compare it with the best.

[The game]
2) Granting excess to un-licensed users is an exclusive exercise and control of the trade in a commodity service, by Atomix productions team.

[Addictive]
3) You can drug abuse for free, the 1st time from a dealer, the 2nd time, the 3rd,
but then ultimately you yourself are forced to buy it, for various reasons.

[Atomix Productions]
*Atomix Productions have patience on how to control over a business.
They know, what to do, when to do, & how to do? u'know'wht'i'msayin' boyz....chill!

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 8:35 am
I think that you should let forum visible for unregistred users, because when they see forums and support etc. it's a better chance to buy a software. But you can make posting a messages available only for registred users. So, when demo user want to post a comment, he get's a message: "Only for registred users". Then he consider about buying software. In other way, you don't get a thousands of messages "My VDJ crashes (because it's a cracked :)"

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 8:38 am
rodie83Home userMember since 2004
This is such a stupid discussion. The main point is that the registered users paid for the software and because of that they want the support to exclusively be there for them. There *should* be support for demo users, since demo users are *the* future customers.

The way registered users react on questions about a demoversion always end in "buy the program, you lame ass mofo". Seriously, i read a lot of forums and this forum is farout the most terrible. It looks like a fight between demo users and full version users where the demo users just never get a chance to win, even if they ask completely relevant questions.

Personally i think the registered users should change their attitude towards demo users.

And of course, if a thread is obvious a question related to an illegal version, then the reactions should be harsh. But if that is NOT obvious, just help the topicstarter for godsake. Paying for this program does not make you holy, nor does it fire you from your duty to help someone from time to time.

Posté Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 1:45 pm
87%