Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Wish VDJ just WORKS. - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Still not convinced about purchasing it. I still read many, many, many, many problems reported by LICENSED USERS. Everytime I read a post from a Un-licensed user, usually the first thing for reply is BUY THE PROGRAM. But yet the problem that was reported is same as the Licensed user.
I quit posting about problems that I'm having (same problmes I read here). However, I still come here to READ POST once in a while hoping and crossing fingers that I will no longer see/read 90% of posted PROBLEMS.
Up to this day, I still read CRASHING, FREZZING, SHUTTING DOWN etc..... For a $300.00 program, the user should be confident using the program without having FEARS that it will CRASH/SHUTDOWN, and so funny reading Licensed User that he/she trying to get the nerves to calm down hehe (hoping it won't crash again).

I use the proggie on the most SIMPLIEST way. PC, Soundcard, MP3, CDG, Video Dual Monitor, Mouse, keyboard oh and yes THE SPECS is way beyond the recomended by VDJ.

However, I like VDJ. Maybe one day, I will be the one replying to the Un-licensed User to BUY the Program. When will this be WONDERING and WISHING........................

Still using the LEGIT TRIAL and the secret I use to keep using it........

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 8:44 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
unfortunately it's a fact of life a lot of nlu are using illegal software hence the majority of there problems are caused through this, they then come here to get a magical fix, but because it is not legit the problems will persist and cannot be cured, for some reason they will then denegrade the software as unusable.

you are not helping your own cause either by your last statement, i've been using this software for sometime now and can say when it does have a problem it's because i am the one that has made it, to buy or not to buy it's your decision but please don't flatline the software while publicly stating you are using illegal software.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 4:19 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Firstly if you are using the trial for longer than it's trial period, then you are in breach of the conditions and thus not legit.

Secondly, I use VDJ for most of my gigs and perform night in night out without issues. No tweaking was required either - once I had my system performing correctly for the task at hand, I installed VDJ and it just works.

Most of the users issues are down to setup and configuration.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 5:09 am
I am un-easy about purchasing it. I really lke the program but having issues with it. Some of this issues are what I read here from registered users. Sometimes, they don't even get a attention. I have explained my issues using the PM/Ticket here but no responses for days and when I do get a response, I feel like they are fishing for fix.

You can't even tell me that I'm using an illegal copy cause its downloaded from here. So no excuses for " Oh you're using a Crack, Illegal non-sense excuses" and NLU should get the same treatment as far as problems goes. That way, when problem is fix, I can click on the Buy Button cause I have been happy with Customer Services, $300.00 program and Community etc......

Maybe when v6.0 comes out, I am hoping and crossing my fingers that the issues I'm having IS FIXED suched as "Why does VDJ just crashes and shutdown when it wants to, when it feels like it at any time" All I do is play music/video/cdg and by just using the mouse and clicking the box for search, it just shutdown. It does not happen all the time but when it happens just 1 time, is annoying, frustating, embarrising (especially during the middle of a dance). So what I do sometimes is I wait till almost the end of the song before I do anything.

Please convinced a DESPARATE BUYER (cause re-imaging is a PITA).
Whoever convince me, will someday WIN THE LOTTERY :)

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 7:54 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
When you stop to consider the millions of legal copies of VirtualDJ in use, and then look at the number of issues asked about on this forum, it can only lead to one conclusion. In fact problems are not as prevalent as it seems. Before passing judgment, and knocking something your using for free, I would take my first point into consideration. Remember this forum is considered to help those with issues. So, yes if you look at the number of issues here it might seem high, but that is because people do not complain when things work right.

So, if you see a dozen or so users with trouble try to think of the millions using the software who never post here, ever. You will also notice most of the users with trouble here, also seem to have more than one issue. That leads me to believe there is a problem with their machine, more than a problem with the software.

Please purchase the software, I hope too see you as a licensed user soon....

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 8:03 am
To add to what TearEmUp said, a lot of VDJ users also don't take the time to read their user manuals. So a lot of posts are from VDJ users who have a problem that can be easily resolved by changing their settings etc., but instead of reading their user manual to find a solution, they go straight to the forum and claim something in the software doesn't work.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 8:21 am
you are using an illegal copy, you said yourself you have manipulated the trail version that in itself shows you will have damaged the twenty day trial period, thus proving you are not using legit software, please don't try to bend facts to suit your argument, we have bought the software and the only tweeks i have had to make was when i added an outside controller, hopefully when you do decide to purchase the software installation will be as easy.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 8:55 am
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I usually don't respond to no license users.

Find what's best for you that fits your need. For me it was VDJ. I'm only using audio, not the full capabilities of this software. When I look back when I first started with VDJ, the issues I had was setting, driver upgrades, etc. When I did have a 'VDJ' crash during a gig, VDJ recovered within seconds (those seconds seems like minutes back then). Now I haven't mess with my settings & my gigs are flawless. As you are aware you have software and hardware (controllers/computers) that work together. Waiting for the next upgrade, isn't going to work...controllers are changing/computers are changing also. Compare softwares with your needs, decide, & purchase.

Take Care.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 9:00 am
I'll be honest; you've been using the program since at least August 2008. I've seen a couple of your posts, and as far as I can tell you are experiencing a crash. When users see that you have been using the "demo" for that long, they will be less inclined to help you I'm afraid - thats just human nature. Add in the fact that a lot of your posts seem to contain digs and information on how you constantly reuse the demo and you're just not going to get the full extent of the community assistance here.

Is it still the problem you are having where you change the selection type from karaoke to music? I've just tried this repeatedly myself on both the PC and Mac versions without an issue - so there has to be something specific to your setup, so that's what would need to be narrowed down. If you were as helpful to the support team as you are in your threads I've read, then I'm not suprised your issue hasn't been resolved.

Without sounding too cynical a lot of people claim that if bug x is resolved/feature y implemented, then they will buy the software. I'll bet most of them are just waiting for the pirated versions to get out though. They will always have a reason not to buy.

Personally if I had been trying to use a piece of software for at least 8 months and it was unstable during gigs I would have either fixed it or moved on a long time ago.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 9:58 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thenasty wrote :
Still not convinced about purchasing it. I still read many, many, many, many problems reported by LICENSED USERS. Everytime I read a post from a Un-licensed user, usually the first thing for reply is BUY THE PROGRAM. But yet the problem that was reported is same as the Licensed user.
I quit posting about problems that I'm having (same problmes I read here). However, I still come here to READ POST once in a while hoping and crossing fingers that I will no longer see/read 90% of posted PROBLEMS.
Up to this day, I still read CRASHING, FREZZING, SHUTTING DOWN etc..... For a $300.00 program, the user should be confident using the program without having FEARS that it will CRASH/SHUTDOWN, and so funny reading Licensed User that he/she trying to get the nerves to calm down hehe (hoping it won't crash again).

I use the proggie on the most SIMPLIEST way. PC, Soundcard, MP3, CDG, Video Dual Monitor, Mouse, keyboard oh and yes THE SPECS is way beyond the recomended by VDJ.

However, I like VDJ. Maybe one day, I will be the one replying to the Un-licensed User to BUY the Program. When will this be WONDERING and WISHING........................

Still using the LEGIT TRIAL and the secret I use to keep using it........

I've tried to stay out of this, but I need to say this, if this software always crashes and freezes on users, how come then I've only had 2 crashes in nearly 2 years (1 crash which I coursed) of using this software. That's 1 crash a year, thats no bad going IMO, and I use this software 4-5 times a week and I'll tell you why

1. I have a legit license copy of VirtualDJ.

2. My dedicate Gig laptop, is totally clean from crap and only the programs on it, other than the OS (Vista BTW) is VirtualDJ and another DJ software package.

3. I run a regular maintenance program on my gig laptop once a week, Defrag, Disk clean-up (both drives) and reg cleaner.

4. All drivers and third party programs needed to run VirtualDJ, such as DirectX, Visual C++ are up to date.

Follow these step and you won't have any problems. Easy as that!!!!!

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 11:06 am
Seems like everyone wants to win the lottery.

I re-install my OS due to the fact that 21 days is not enought. It's to quick. I don't use everyday. Out of 21 days, I probably tincker with it 4-5 times.

My Specs:
Intel Dual Core 2 CPU
2GB DDR 2 RAM
1.5TB HD
Creative Xtreme Soundcard
Nvidia 8500GT 512MB
2 Acer LCD Monitors

All suggested and even what I read are tried.
1. dedicate PC
2. No internet connection
3. Disable all wireless, NIC, interenal sound etc.....

PC has Vista OS 32bit for the OS
PLAIN Vanilla install (NOTHING ELSE) except for Soundcard, Video Drivers and VDJ
All Manual Update for OS
DIRECT X (March, August, November)

Problems:
Playing a song in deck 1 and browsing around with mouse and then I just click the Search Bar, VDJ just shuts down. It does not happen all the time. Video Freezing, sound sttuter on the headphones when sliding the song forward/back or sliding the volume.
I do nothing fancy with VDJ.
It just pisses me off that its use at the simpliest way and it CRASHES when it wants to or feel like it. Sometimes I just use Winamp when it happens during a gig. I made all sort of excuses like, "Sorry, I trip on the cord", "Sorry, my fault, I click something by mistake" etc...

Now, r u guys telling me that if I purchased the program, I will not encounter this problems with my PC specs ?
Who's the brave one to step in and tell me to just go and buy it and I won't regret it ?
I'm still like, "Hmmmmm why the demo crashes but the purchased one won't". You guys are pushing me to BUY BUY BUY BUY and it seems that it will FIX lot of things.
I will held you responsible, whoever tells me to BUY IT.

I hope that when I do buy it, I WILL BE A HAPPY WANNABE DJ. I DON'T WANT VDJ TO SHUTDOWN, IT'S EMBARAASSING and MAKING MY HI_BLOOD PRESSURE GO UP everytime I have a GIG.

Please help me lower down my blood pressure :)

Thanks

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 12:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I would think after 4 years of using our trial versions you would have accepted the fact that we do address our issues as you have seen several evolutions of the software. And, so when V6 releases, I look forward to your feedback and reasoning as to still not purchasing the software and what you don't like about it and why you will wait until V7.

If you keep playing the same numbers in the lottery - yes, you might get lucky one day and win. But since you seem to only get one ticket and its the FREE one - your odds are greatly diminished on ever winning. But, thank you for showing your dedication to playing the game.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 1:03 pm
Does VDJ offer lifetime free upgrade ? I tried looking for this info but did not see it anywhere.
When is v6.0 going to be release ?

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:37 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

thenasty wrote :
Does VDJ offer lifetime free upgrade ? I tried looking for this info but did not see it anywhere.

Yes, they have been free so far, and will be in the future I guess

thenasty wrote :
When is v6.0 going to be release ?

It is Atomix policy not to post release dates of the next version. All the team will tell you is that the next version will be released when it's ready and all the Beta testing has been succesfull

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:48 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes... but can't say in the future.

From V1xxx up to V5xxx, updates have been free for registered user.

For the question of V6, it be released when it ready.

Me too hope to see u as a pro user soon;)

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:49 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
To add to what TearEmUp said, a lot of VDJ users also don't take the time to read their user manuals. So a lot of posts are from VDJ users who have a problem that can be easily resolved by changing their settings etc., but instead of reading their user manual to find a solution, they go straight to the forum and claim something in the software doesn't work.

Good post, always take the time to read the manual. It can be found in My Documents/VirtualDJ/VirtualDJ User Guide....

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 5:24 pm
Quote :
I would think after 4 years of using our trial versions you would have accepted the fact that we do address our issues as you have seen several evolutions of the software..

Quote :

appears you've been around long enough to know the score on that without consulting a manual... in sport that would be called a deflection

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 6:31 pm
When you stop to consider the millions of legal copies of VirtualDJ in use, and then look at the number of issues asked about on this forum, it can only lead to one conclusion.

If ther a re milions of users try to protect the softwear beter..and VDJ is not that great im using a licence TORQ X PONENT and it way beter the efects are beter aldough the waveform in VDJ is much much beter than in torq any way VDJ is not worth 300 beacuse its to be honest crap i cant say it has some of his fetures like an exlent track sercher browser and MOVING AND PLAYN WAVEFORM but to me VDJ is nothin but a kidies program any one hwo goes biond this will understand me i know that this wil gather some major amaount of heat on my back but i am just sayng HOW IT IS.

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 4:24 am
ok nasty, decided to change your name or is this a "friend," hey, if you don't like something be grown up about it and just don't use it, i can't be bothered to have an argument with a kid....

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 5:30 am
DJ Skrib wrote :
When you stop to consider the millions of legal copies of VirtualDJ in use, and then look at the number of issues asked about on this forum, it can only lead to one conclusion.

Millions of users, relatively few issues. Logical conclusion: stable software.

DJ Skrib wrote :
If ther a re milions of users try to protect the softwear beter..and VDJ is not that great im using a licence TORQ X PONENT and it way beter the efects are beter aldough the waveform in VDJ is much much beter than in torq any way VDJ is not worth 300 beacuse its to be honest crap i cant say it has some of his fetures like an exlent track sercher browser and MOVING AND PLAYN WAVEFORM but to me VDJ is nothin but a kidies program any one hwo goes biond this will understand me i know that this wil gather some major amaount of heat on my back but i am just sayng HOW IT IS.

You are free to express your opinion and say what you like, however many actual professional working DJ's use this software week in week out without problems. What you are stating is obviously an opinon though, and is not a factual HOW IT IS.

I don't get this whole application x is better than application y thing. Use what works for you - there is no need to post about it on a competing products forum for absolutely no reason. I don't post up on the Torq forum (despite owning it) comparing it to VirtualDJ. It's funny about the whole competing DVS thing - most people don't realise that a lot of people own/use more than one and look down on anyone who doesn't use their choice.

Anyway, the effects in VDJ are just fine - it's had VST support for ages, and you can also write your own custom effects with more flexibility than VSTs as well. You can also use Freeframe plugins for video, along with custom video plugins too.

As someone who has Torq myself though, I find your viewpoint amusing. Pretty much the only feature in Torq that I don't have in VDJ is tempo anchors and snapshots. Pretty much anything else I can do - including MBC - and MBC just isn't good enough if you want to run visuals and music videos. I dislike Torqs layout and browser too...

Please list all the things about Torq that make it that much better, and make Virtual DJ look like a kiddies program. I'm all ears :)

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 5:34 am
27%