Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Wish VDJ just WORKS. - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Kiddies program???

They said the same about DJ CD players, when decks were in the mainstream...

VDJ would not have been thought of as a 'kiddies program' if it hadnt been cracked...
you can get almost any software off of the internet and with a bit of looking around you can find the crack for it...

im not condoneing piracy, and i certainly dont want to help out people that have paid ZERO for it
Not even if they have cracked windows. theyre on their own...

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 6:51 am
You had better buy the full version because the name you gave yourself "thenasty" is brilliant at the moment as it reads - the nasty no license user

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 9:06 am
Tayla, that wasn't me. Another person who I may say really dislikes VDJ. I in the other hand I LIKE VDJ.

I am trying to sort every proble I am having with, if its HD problem or software. The only thing i still can't figure out is the SHUTTING DOWN when it feels like it (in a middle of song, thats when it's embarrasing). I am trying to track down when it happens and what song/video/cdj it was.
The other was about video freezing (it's already in the forum) about using/not using the "No HD acceleration"etc... When you have a video in deck one, then load a video in 2, when deck is almost over, slide the fader to 2 and play 2. Don't load anything on deck one, you can iether wait for the video to finish or click stop and deck 2 (one playing now) will freeze but audio continues.

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 11:06 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ok then, apologies to both parties... i know it's used a lot but have you checked for heat problems, also directx and c++ are upto date ?, we could try and try to eliminate each problem but as long as your not using legal software i think we will be hitting our heads off a brick wall.

when i first got this software i had a some reservations about one or two things that i would liked to have been implemented before i bought it, and i'm still waiting for one to be brought on board but i can live without it until it happens, so what was i to do miss out on all the other advantages or wait and sit on the fence and miss out on a nice bit of kit, there was only one option for me.

just bite the bullet and splash the cash, i know it hurts, i feel the pain everytime i open my wallet, lol, but it's the only way your going to get the software to work properly.

when you decide i hope i'm the first to welcome you as a pro user... Paul

Posté Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 4:19 pm
Please list all the things about Torq that make it that much better, and make Virtual DJ look like a kiddies program. I'm all ears :)

BAD THINGS IN VDJ

The Sound Is Not Good
The Pitch In Real Time Is Not Good It somehow Clips The sound
The Efects Are Too Bad
It Has No Rewire With Ableton
Ther Is No Elastique In The Real Time Pitch
The Skrach Is To..Not Real The Back Spin Is The Worst

Good Things In VDJ

The Waveform the one that moves is EXELENT(IF not one of the best
The Waveform That Is STIL its Great
The Browser Is Exelent(If Not The Best)
Workin With Play Lists The Best(bring back witch directory to save in playlist now u just eneter name of paly list it saves auto in playlist folder)
Picking Songs u want to SCAN
and SEARCH OPTION IS FANTASTIK ANY SONG ANY WHEAR UJUST TIPE AND IF ON YOU PC U GOT IT.

ALL THE BAD THINGS IN VDJ--TORQ HAS BETER ALL THE GOOD THINGS VDJ HAS TORQ HAS WORST

TORQ
WAVE FORM CRAP
WAVEFORM STILL CRAP
THE BROWSER --MEGA CRAP I HATE IT--
PLAY LIST--DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED
SCANING OMG I AM HITNIG MY HEAD
SEARCH WEL IF ONE SONG U ARE LOOKING FOR U HAVE TO CLIC AVRY FOLDER TO FIND IT --ULTRA MEGA CRAP--

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:12 am
@ DJ Skrib

Whilst i strongly object to that fact you use a cracked version. I have to say that i agree with some of your points and at the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However IMO you have enough good points to invest in the software that is always in development. (thats my opinion)

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:15 am
IN CONCLUSION SEARTO IS PURE GARBAGE HAHAHAHAHAH

just realized that heheh omg,...hehe

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:19 am
IMO---WHAT DOES IT STAND FOR..I KNOW ENGLISH BUT THESE SHORTS ARE KILING ME sory for the caps lock

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:21 am
IMO = In My Opinion

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:22 am
aaaa thanks wel i am using a registered version of TORQ WITH x ponent and vdj i use for listening at home and ig my xponent is with a friend i play with vdj in the club i am investing in my self constantly from earphones to players...since i am producing i am also using nexus original FLL STUDIO original ABLETON original in at least 5 years of my dj-in and producing vdj and song are wel not legit but the LAW about piraci in croatia is geting stronger clubs are beying shut down beacouse of ilegal music i am starting to buy my song from the nex month i am a rezident and i am 18 years old...oh yeah and my windows are original..so i am not for piracy but but its hear and why not some of u may think.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJ Skrib wrote :
BAD THINGS IN VDJ

The Sound Is Not Good
The Pitch In Real Time Is Not Good It somehow Clips The sound
The Efects Are Too Bad
It Has No Rewire With Ableton
Ther Is No Elastique In The Real Time Pitch
The Skrach Is To..Not Real The Back Spin Is The Worst

To address some of your points:

The sound has just been addressed in another thread. Some tests were done, and the sound output was found to be on a par with Traktor. So the sound quality myth has finally been debunked. I will however grant you that the internal EQs are rubbish - luckily I use a proper mixer so it doesn't affect me ;)

Changing the pitch definately does not "clip" the sound. Lets face it, that's something every DJ does constantly and it's the first time I've heard it mentioned.

The suppiled effects are limited, yes. However, exactly like Torq, VDJ can use VST effects. There are also lots of extra effects for download that you don't have access to. So VDJ can use the same effects as Torq - and more since VDJ has it's own internal plugin format and also support for Freeframe too.

Nope, no rewire or elastique. You can sync with Ableton, but granted it's not the same as using rewire. The VDJ master tempo can sound quite good if you have a high enough spec system and run with the correct settings. I've asked for elastique myself a few times.

How are you doing scratching/backspin? With your xponent? I've just updated the xponent mapper to improve it's feel a bit. Obviously only available to registered users however ;)

I'll be honest, it sounds like your problems could be down to your setup and/or configuration.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 6:09 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Skrib -- just like 'thenasty' - I would think after 3 years of using crack versions and seeing all the changes that have occurred - you would respect the software enough to purchase a legal license. But since you insist on using 'out-dated' versions because they are cracks and since 'cracks' are usually flawed because they have been 'cracked' - I can understand why you have the false impression of the software.

If I always stole my next Porsche and had to deal with what the last guy did to it, I would understand why I might 'like the look' but complain about what it doesn't do and just steal the next model to see if things were better. But, at least I could always say I have the 'Porsche'. But if I bought it myself then it would be my own, and then I could go to the dealer and mechanic and get them to fix what I don't like - because I would be an owner of my Porsche.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 8:17 am
i am not using the softwear 3 years iv been with virtual dj since the begining and i am veri pleased with it some things i dont like some i dont i allready mentioned it..my specs are

intel dula core 2.0 ghz and 2 gig ddr2

i think that this is enough for vdj to run smoothly btw i had only a few crashes yes i know why

@SBDJ--try putins some music in play in VDJ and go in the setings put the pitch in maximum then on the deck fasten it up to the fulest u will hear somethin not good.

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 2:41 am
this person is never gonna change, can we not take his pleasure off him coming to the forums and insulting everyone here with his taunts by discontinuing his access onto the forums.

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 2:58 am
OH TAYLA comon u gota have one BAD ASS on this forum otherwise it wouldn be a forum+i am wely read and i can help people :D

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 6:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJ Skrib wrote :
SBDJ--try putins some music in play in VDJ and go in the setings put the pitch in maximum then on the deck fasten it up to the fulest u will hear somethin not good.

With master tempo off, pitch at 100% sounds just like it should. I'm guessing we have some user error somewhere...

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 6:49 am
DJ Skrib,
You should make your own post and stop hi-jacking mine.
I'm here to get my problems resolve and be certain that when I fork out $$$ for it, It's well worth it. I have tried different programs (PCDJ, WINAMP, Virtual Turntable by Carrot Innovations, Karafun, Realorche, Realplayer, Musicmatch etc... and I find that VDJ is best of what I need.
Since I'm having a bit of problems (the other ones-no problems) with VDJ, I'm here to get it sorted out. It's maybe a Kiddie program to you, but it is the best Kiddie program I have tried.

The only time I put alot of time into using the program is when I have to DJ for someone. For you pro's out there, you might not call it a DJ but dunno what else to call it. I don't scratch or itch. I just want to play.
I might have registered long time ago, but really never put alot of time into using the program. Hence the 20 days of using is not enough.
I clean my system everytime I have something to DJ to. When problems happens, I revert back into using Winamp (at least no problems there). The only thing that Winamp can't do for me is the Video SLIDES while playing Music (slideshow). I take pics and put it on the second screen for them to look at.

Anyway, to all who/will try/trying to help me, I thank you and hope to see a solution to the problems.
Could someone try this for me. Load a VIDEO/MTV CLIPSONG on Deck A and put some Video/MTV CLIPSONG in the Playlist, 2 or 3 is good enough and put it Auto MiX. Do you get stutter during the transition of the next song ?
I dunno to ask everyone to test something for me when It's ramdom shutdown. Program closes intermittently whe it feels like it. Sometime when I just use the mouse and click her, there, everywhere in the browser then click the Search Field and BINGO, shutsdown. Sometimes when i just type something in the Serach bar and use the BACKSPACE to re-type my mistake and BINGO, shutsdown.
No smiley, no nothing.

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 1:37 pm
well have you tried a complete re install, a complete fresh os, but once again i don't really think using an illegal copy will be helping you or us in resolving the problems for you.

still waiting to be the first... lol

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 2:20 pm
oScOOLHome userMember since 2009
i appear as a non licensed user, but i assure you i collab wit a guy who uses virtual vinyl, and his shit skips and does all types of funky stuff.
now i wont knock vdj, it might be user error, and in fact i was the biggest non official street rep of virtual dj for a while.
it seems like a lot of yall are from somewhere else so lemme just let you know somethin about the us and dj's in hiphop; they are very particular about their equipment and very quick to diss people they feel arent up to par.
for the longest time i was told Serato is the standard, period, and they wont let me play wit vdj, but a lot of those guys are just mad that i can rock harder than them without even usin the timecode.
i think virtual dj is a great program, and i wanna buy it mostly so that i can give input here, but if i was gonna pay multiple hundred dollars for a dj software i really would rather get serato just to fit in.
basically i guess what i'm saying is, i'm starting to see why people that use serato talk so badly about vdj.
i like vdj because all i need to rock is an external soundcard, or i could even split my internal one mono which is dope, but for vinylist reliability and believability are key.
it took people a while to get used to serato, and to those people djs that use vdj are out of the question lol, much to my dismay, so i feel like if i wanna be taken seriously in my community i have to use serato.
Why dont yall try to get some real hiphop dj celebrity to rep the product?
ALL the djs point to jazzy jeffs endorsement of serato, whether it was official or not idk, as the time they accepted it as the next medium for turntablist.
I have a legit copy of virtual vinyl on my pc and the only issue i have is that sometimes the ram blows up to over a gig and it starts freezing up, and it wont run video without the hardwae acceleration at all ever, and, i have over the specs but i cant run 2 effects at once and try to do anything else, and, timecode doesnt work very well.
those problem dont really stop me from doing what i need to do, and i've seen people's MAC's freeze up using serato (i emphasize macs because mofo's swear they are invulnerable but anyones hdd's can malfunction and people just tend to jump on bandwagons not knowing the whole truth).
I was at the cool kids show at black cat in dc and the dj who was using serato had to restart twice.
my problems might be related to my nvidia gpu which is beyond spec but still may have issues with vdj as i've read,
but i also want to point out that all cracked software is faulty, it depends on how it was cracked.
so that's why some of you may notice that your cracked vdj has common problems with registered users,
but if atomix wants to prevent cracking, stop offering vdj standa -alone and marry it to the hardware like serato.
i know no one wit a cracked copy of serato

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 2:31 pm

Posté Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 3:29 pm
55%