Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posté Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 4:02 am
Hi, I've just received my Hercule RMX, i'm using it with virtual dj pro 5 and I would like to know why when I assign the flipping double effect to one of the 6 boutons it doesn't work?
Thank you

Posté Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 2:34 pm
New driver update available:

PC
Hercules HDJC(MK1) - MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> PC Windows Xp - Vista 32 & 64-Bit / v2009_3
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2009_HDJS_3.exe

- Added support for Windows 7 RC
- Firmware updater improvements
- Various minor bug fixes

MAC
Hercules MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard) / v1.48
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_1_48.pkg.zip

- Firmware updater improvement

Edit by Cioce
MAC driver added

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 2:17 pm
Greeting fellow Hercules RMXers: So I just got my RMX over the weekend and up until tonight it's been working great. My issue is that all of a sudden my loop out function on both decks have gone crazy. As you probably know both decks on the RMX have the looping set as default as Loop In on Button 1 and Loop Out on Button 4. For some reason, out of the blue, when I attempted to loop out by pressing Button 4 on Deck 1 the loop actually shrunk a bit and looped from there. I hit Button 4 again and it shrunk again. One more time and it shrunk to such a tiny loop that it was just a loud hum coming out of the speakers! What the heck happened? I checked Deck 2 and exactly the same glitch is occuring. I've rebooted my laptop twice, but the problem still persists: Button 4 no longer loops out--it shrinks the loop now.

I'm pretty bummed out because I've been pretty careful to keep things simple as I familiarize myself with this equipment--sometimes messing around too much early causes some problems. But I've changed nothing over the past few days, and now I've got a problem with one of the most basic functions. I'm not mapping savvy, which is why I got the RMX, since it's been pre-mapped by VDJ--I want little to do with programming! The good news is that this happened early in my purchase so I can take it back for a new one if that's necessary. Hopefullly it won't come to that.

I'm using the VDJ Console Edition. I've signed up for the free 20-day trial of VDJ (version 5.2--I guess the CD that came with the RMX was an older one). I'm using the Mix Lab with Internal Mixer skin, since that's that one that I got used to when I started with the home edition.
I downloaded the latest Hercules drivers right from the very beginning (this past Saturday) so I think I'm good to go on that front.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 9:23 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Download the updated drivers from Hercules website and install it on your computer. Also download VirtualDJ Pro 6.0 Trial version and go to MAPPERS---Scan New Devices to found RMX for the first time. After that Change your Button1-6 settings as you wish. If you need extra help, you could found helpful info on VDJPedia (Help---Wiki) Scripts.

Good Luck!

Posté Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 5:21 am
It's me, the pathetic newbie again...

I'm thinking seriously now about getting the Hercules RMX, so I can add a couple of CD players to mix with, which I can't do with my Numark Total Control.

Question 1: if the VDJ/CUE software crashes, will the Hercules still function so I can mix music from the CD players with it?

Question 2: will this be redesigned in the near future to accommodate its own power supply?

Posté Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 2:40 pm
Is there any way that the hercules MP3 can be used with virtual vinyl like with a soundcard or something

Thanks

Posté Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 4:50 pm
waverboy wrote :
It's me, the pathetic newbie again...

I'm thinking seriously now about getting the Hercules RMX, so I can add a couple of CD players to mix with, which I can't do with my Numark Total Control.

Question 1: if the VDJ/CUE software crashes, will the Hercules still function so I can mix music from the CD players with it?

Nope. When the software crashes, the controller ceases to function as a mixer. In other words, it's not an appropriate backup to have CD players connected to the RMX. My alternative to carrying a bunch of CDs is to have an iPod plugged into one of my main mixer's inputs so I can reboot if necessary.

waverboy wrote :
Question 2: will this be redesigned in the near future to accommodate its own power supply?

I am not optimistic that the RMX will be redesigned for PC users as we do not seem to have any trouble with the USB power issue, but MAC is perhaps another story. Given that the MK2 DID have the power supply capability, and the RMX is short of LEDs because of USB power limitation issues, I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you ;)

However, despite these issues, the RMX has been a rock-solid controller as far as I'm concerned in the mobile setting, and it is defintely worth the money (it's not much for an all-in-one, and sound output is decent).

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 5:05 pm
For all of you looking for a quick fix for jog wheel behaviour on Hercules RMX DJ console (cd mode while playing, vinyl mode while paused/stoped), here is a bit of code that does (almost - see bellow why almost) that.

PLAY play_pause & play ? wheel_mode "jog" : wheel_mode "search"
STOP stop & wheel_mode "search"

On Play button the condition is added as the same button can be used for play or pause, so when song plays, we activate 'jog' mode, otherwise 'search'. Stop button is used only to stop the song, so we can safely activate 'search' mode every time it's pressed.

There is some down sides to this fix:
- first of all it uses "search" mode, which isn't really a true vinyl mode like with the scratch button on, but much faster seek option, that doesn't produce any sound while moving back and forth through the song.
- second downside is you can only use scratch while song is playing or when the deck has stopped after reaching the end of the song, as soon as you press pause/stop, the search effect kicks in and you can only search through song. If anyone knows how to add another condition, when Scratch button is pressed (vinyl_mode is true) and override the search function of the jog wheel, pls let me know!

Greets,
ZZ

Posté Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 6:24 am
cjonasPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ZZ,

I needed the same behavior from the jog wheels because in vinyl mode is too easy to touch the wheels while playing and get an undesired scratch.

I turned off scrtach button and mapped JOG as "play ? jog_wheel : param_multiply 500% & jog_wheel", so when playing the wheel reacts as pitch bend and when stopped/paused moves along the song for setting cue points, positioning, etc. with sound and a very fast speed.

Hope this works for you,

Regards,

Cristian

Posté Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 8:28 am
To get exactly the same response as the jogwheel when vinyl mode is on, map it as follows:

vinyl_mode ? jog_wheel : play ? jog_wheel : param_multiply 400% & jog_wheel

(The above will also not take effect when vinyl mode is actually switched on.)

Posté Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 12:34 pm
Thx guys, works like a charm! Mental note: keep it simple next time! ;) Much appreciated!

Posté Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 6:55 am
Hydra78Home userMember since 2009
Hello fellow Hercules/VirtualDJ users,
I have a problem with my Hercules RMX. I've been using Virtual DJ 5.2 up till recently and everything was working perfectly. Yesterday, I upgraded to Virtual DJ 6. Now my controller is not working anymore - it is not recognized by Virtual DJ it seems. When I go to the "Mappers" tab in the settings, the Hercules RMX is not listed as a connected device (only the keyboard and "Simple MIDI Device" are), so I cannot use the Hercules RMX presets. Instead, I tried to configure the RMX manually (by editing the Simple MIDI Device mappings). This works for the play buttons, but not for the faders, jog wheels, etc... So it seems I should somehow get Virtual DJ to recognize the RMX as a connected device.

Some more information:
- I am using Windows Vista
- I've installed the latest drivers from Hercules yesterday.
- I ran miditrace.exe (I found this tool in a similar topic about a MIDI controller from another manufacturer) and it gives the following output:

F0 7E 01 06 02 00 01 4E 02 00 04 00 01 00 00 00 F7
B1 32 00 00
B1 33 48 00
B1 34 59 00
B1 35 66 00
B1 36 5A 00
B1 37 41 00
B1 38 00 00
B1 39 39 00
B1 3A 00 00
B1 3B 40 00
B1 3C 00 00
B1 3D 4F 00
B1 3E 6C 00
B1 3F 65 00
B1 40 2A 00

Is this a familiar problem? All help you could provide would be kindly appreciated!

Posté Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 2:22 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please update your driver.

djcel wrote :
New driver update available:

PC
Hercules HDJC(MK1) - MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> PC Windows Xp - Vista 32 & 64-Bit / v2009_3
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2009_HDJS_3.exe

- Added support for Windows 7 RC
- Firmware updater improvements

MAC
Hercules MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard) / v1.48
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_1_48.pkg.zip

- Firmware updater improvement

Edit by Cioce
MAC driver added

Posté Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 3:18 am
Hydra78Home userMember since 2009
That's strange... I updated my drivers yesterday (after installing VDJ6). Now I updated them before installing VDJ6 and that does the trick indeed. Anyways, I can get mixing again, that is what counts ;) Thanks a lot for your help!

Posté Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 4:43 am
has anybody have had the recording stopped while mixing videos after streching the output screen and getting an ERROR message ( cant change resolution while recording)?

Posté Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 4:23 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
"play ? jog_wheel : param_multiply 500% & jog_wheel"

After using this Jog Midi Mapping listed here, I lose the ability to use the quick search while holding down the up and down arrows. Any way to keep the search functions also? BTW Im using VDJ6 Trial right now. Thanks!!

Ok after going back to VDJ DJC version I was able to search using the jog wheel and holding the up or down arrow. Is there a way to get these controls over to VDJ 6 Pro Trial? Thanks!!

Posté Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 7:05 pm
Hi everyone.

I've just got a Hercules DJ Console and I'm having trouble getting it to work with VirtualDJ.

It came with some other DJ emulators (MixVibes5 and NewDJ) and they work fine and automatically with it.

I got the new drivers file, but all it does is *remove* drivers. Restart the computer and run it again, it does the same thing.
But the DJ Console is still working with the other emulators.

Please help?

I think what the problem is, is DJ Console is refusing to uninstall. I goto Add/Remove and remove 'Hercules DJ Console' (no' Hercules DJ console series drivers' on the list), and it does the uninstall process, but it simply doesn't go away.
^^^ Fixed - Ran CCCleaner to remove it, and new drivers install. :)

AND WAHOO! Working. :)

Posté Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 12:19 am
Ok. One annoying thing though. I can't turn off the moniters. It's got to be either one channel or the other. No 'neither' option. Other emulators I could do this.

Posté Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 6:32 am
Hello Spots2012,

As you have DJ Console Mk1, I suppose you have read the message which is written on the download page of the driver (http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1):
"No free upgrade is planned forVirtualDJ 1 DJC Edition. Since this version is not compatible with Windows Vista, DJ Console 1 users who want to switch to this operating system must either mix with another software, as MixVibes DJC Edition (fully supported in Vista), or they should buy an upgrade of VirtualDJ."
If you have Vista, VirtualDJ 1 DJC is not compatible: it doesn't mean nothing works, but for example the monitoring doesn't work.

I don't understand what you mean in: "I can't turn off the moniters. It's got to be either one channel or the other. No 'neither' option. Other emulators I could do this."=> Ok. What are the moniters, do you mean amplified speakers ? Where do you connect them ? Do you use them to play the mix or the preview ?

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:09 am
9%