Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 5

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Whats up RMX users, I would like to use the cue button as a modifier. Is there anyway that this can be accomplished? Example: buttons 1-6 are set for effects and with the cue button "down" (modifier) I would like to have buttons 1-6 do another command like hot_cue or something else. Thanks for the shared wisdom.

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 3:15 pm
pufanHome userMember since 2009
Hello everybody

I have a Hercules DJ CONTROL MP3, with a Hercules MUSE LT 5.1 external audiocard. I want to use them with Virtual DJ 6 PRO. I have the software.

The problem is that Virtual DJ doesn't get any command from the HERCULES DJ CONTROL MP3. Why is that? What should I do? Even the light's on the dj control are off, and in mappers virtual dj, doesn't find my console.

Please help!

Thank you for your answers!

Respect.

Pufan Robert

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:41 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please update your driver.

djcel wrote :
New driver update available:

PC
Hercules HDJC(MK1) - MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> PC Windows Xp - Vista 32 & 64-Bit / v2009_3
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2009_HDJS_3.exe

- Added support for Windows 7 RC
- Firmware updater improvements
- Various minor bug fixes

MAC
Hercules MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard) / v1.48
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_1_48.pkg.zip

- Firmware updater improvement

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:42 am
pufanHome userMember since 2009
Thank you very much for your help!

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 9:09 am
I have the Hercules DJ Console RMX and Virtual DJ pro both are latest versions, latest drivers and running on Vista 64. I have found and downloaded various RMX skins trying to get the functionality of the VDJ Pro 6 skin. Here are my questions:

1- I can map an effect to a button (such as flanger mapped to button 4). But is there a way to map the effects "LIST" to a button and quickly scroll through it and choose a new one without the mouse?

2- I cannot see on any of the RMX skins how to play the different built in sampler sounds or how to select which sound to play from the sampler. For example in VDJ Pro 6 skin I just click on "Siren" under the sampler area and it will play or click on the arrow and choose a different sound. How can we do something similar from the RMX console?

3- For some reason the Jog wheel is not controlling the effects. I end up having to spin the little knobs under effects with my mouse. Any other way to do this?

THANKS for any advice!

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 10:29 pm
1) The effect list from skin can't change, but you can set all action you like, look my blog
http://translate.google.it/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fit.virtualdj.com%2Fhomepage%2Fcioce%2Fblogs%2F3391%2F_ITA__Setup_audio_Hercules_RMX_e_Mappatura_dei_6_6_tasti_su_Virtual_DJ_6.html&sl=it&tl=en&hl=it&ie=UTF-8

2) You can use this skin http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4554/Hercules_RMX___Steel.html to change the fast action and a PRO skin to make the rest, in Virtual DJ tou can change skin on fly.
Another option is to use this skin http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4369/Vinyl_Scratch_variations.html
it have Hercules fast 6+6 button change and a PRO look.

3) Try my mapper http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html and read the description

Posté Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 1:55 am
BEEN OVER A WEEK Since i stated that the Hercules 'Steel' (rmx works fine, according to others, just the steel) right stop button does not work for the new VDJ Mac version (Which is no longer a beta so no excuses)

Why is it taking so long to get this working? this is not a joke any more, YOU recommend this controller, so i brought it.

I have been waiting for as long as i can remember for a decent MAC Version of VDJ, and it still has not arrived, even with the new vdj for mac there are still problems that many mac users are having, what the hell is going on? we paid a lot of money for this and its getting on my last nerve now.

How can you expect in serious mac DJ to take this software into a Pro Club?? Its makes me laugh because on your software feature page its looks great but when you try and use the features you need.....crash.

I would love to find out what legal actions can be taken as i am beyond unhappy, if you cant get this software working i want my money back.

No more dam waiting sort it out.

Posté Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 10:33 am
Hello TimothyJarman,

There is indeed a bug in VirtualDJ 6.0.2 Pro Mac (not in Windows) map for DJ Control Steel, but with the MIDI mapping, it takes 30 seconds to map the stop on the right deck in VirtualDJ 6.0.2 Pro in Mac.
- Click on VirtualDJ Config button,
- go to the Mappers tab,
- load the "Simple MIDI Wrapper" page,
- click on "New" in the key list,
- click on Auto-Learn button and push down the DJ Control Steel Stop button (you should get a 0-CC35 key if your DJ Control Steel is on the MIDI channel 0.)
- in the action field, type stop
- and click on OK button

I don't understand why you are so irritated with this mini bug as the MIDI mapping provides a direct workaround (you did not answer to my messages on http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/113377/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Macbookpro_and_hercules_dj_control_steel.html?page=2).

Posté Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 8:12 am
hey, thanks yes i did get your message but i am giving up on the mac side, not worth the effort. Its not stable period, i am frightened about doing anything live with it, such as bpm editing, using additional controllers, so many things make the program crash and i am not the only mac user experiencing it, the mac version is just a waste of time, im gutted as i really didnt want to do the bootcamp way but since i have done the mac version just doesn't compare to it.

I appreciate it is a small bug, but its a bug that shouldn't of happened, its a hercules controller recommenced by vdj. They are no longer on a beta so its just not acceptable.

Im no interested in fixing things anymore, i just want it to work with no tweaking, the whole point of a mac, its just works.

Oh and the EKS OTUS Mapping for vdj does not work either, leds all over the place lol (mac side only as you probably guessed)

Bootcamp is the only alternative to feel safe with. Just my opinion.

Posté Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 12:32 pm
I need help!! I have the hercules rmx and the virtual dj 5.2. I have a voice processor(Dual DeltaFex-Peavey) connect to the rmx input. My problem is when I try to use the voice processor(Dual DeltaFex-Peavey) and the two decks of the rmx,I can use the voice prossesor(Dual DeltaFex-Peavey) but it disable one of the decks. I want to be able to use both decks and the voice prossesor (Dual DeltaFex-Peavey)at the same time.

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 12:16 am
Hello eduardobautista,

As soon as you activate an audio source in VirtualDJ, it replaces the software Virtual deck, that is why you lose a deck when you activate an audio source, it would require a version of VirtualDJ DJ software with 1 additionnal software deck to keep 2 virtual decks in VirtualDJ when activating an external stereo source.

A possible solution, if you accept to mix only 1 channel of your voice processor instead of 2 channels, is to
- connect 1 output channel of your voice processor into DJ Console Rmx microphone input,
- set the microphone volume button on the Rmx very low,
- open DJ Console Rmx control pannel, and disable the talkover attenuation in the Main tab,
- and activate the Mic On/Off button on the DJ Console Rmx each time you want to mix your voice processor in the music.
I never used a voice compressor, but I have already done this mix of an output of my groove box onto DJ Console Rmx microphone input and it works well.

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 5:08 am
Hello Guys,

I have VDJ Pro 6.1 and hercules RMX. I tried to connet my two Pioneer CDJs 100mk2, but when I check in on the ASIO sound card, I get an error about the "ASIO sound driver ERROR". I tried to reinstall all drivers from HERCULES RMX from the web since I can't find the damn CD that it came with. But I keep getting the same error, in fact when I got to the settings, I can't select ASIO. :\.... When I was installing the drivers from the web it asked me to insert the CD. What can I do to solve this issue without the CD?

THANKS GUYS!!

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 1:21 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can anyone help me with some mapping. I currently have the mapping below and it maps the loop_move to the jog wheel on the same side as the pressed button. I would like to have the left jog = loop_move and the right jog = loop_length while_pressed. Thanks for the help fellas.

wheel_mode "loop_move" while_pressed

Posté Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 11:46 pm
ANYTHING ON THE HERCULES DEEJAY TRIM
ITS RECOMMENDED BY VIRTUALDJ.
IS THIS THE FLAWLESS TIMECODE SOLUTION OR JUST MORE JUNK TO THE STORY.
DOES IT HAVE 64 BIT DRIVERS?

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 7:23 am
I have the HERCULES DEEJAY TRIM 4&6 and I use with Serato TimeCode Vinyl every weekend, all it work 100% fine ;)

The Driver are for Windows Xp - Vista - Seven (32 & 64-Bit) and also for Tiger - Leopard and I hope it's ok also on Snow Leopard.

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 7:50 am
Hello tsaliotis,

DeeJay TRIM 4&6 is not a timecode solution, it is an audio interface.
You can use it with a timecode software, but you must add a timecode software, as VirtualDJ Pro.
In includes 64-bit drivers for Windows XP/Vista/7 RC.

But as you have Virtual Vinyl, you already have an audio interface for time code DJing on VirtualDJ/Cue.

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 8:38 am
Hello lynxsound,

VirtualDJ error message "ASIO sound driver ERROR" simply means VirtualDJ doesn't find the ASIO device so you must:
1 - Close VirtualDJ
2 - Open Hercules DJ Console Rmx control panel
3 - Set the Mode on ASIO instead of WDM on the Rmx control panel
4 - Run VirtualDJ again.

I don't know CDJ-1000Mk2, but if they are as CDJ-200, CDJ-400 and DCJ-1000Mk3, then their output level will probably saturate the input of the Rmx, so you should intercalate an attenuating device if you want to connect the CDJ-1000 MK2 output on DJ Console Rmx inputs.

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 9:22 am
Upgraded to 6.0.2 and now hercules rmx is not showing up in the mappers section why not. I'm at a gig about to play in 20 min and it's not working. Help please!! Should have tested at home first but I didn't think there were big changes. It did work with 6.0.1.

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 8:49 pm
Please update your driver.

djcel wrote :
New driver update available:

PC
Hercules HDJC(MK1) - MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> PC Windows Xp - Vista 32 & 64-Bit / v2009_3
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2009_HDJS_3.exe

- Added support for Windows 7 RC
- Firmware updater improvements

MAC
Hercules MK2 - MP3 - RMX - Steel - Trim 4&6 -> MAC OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard) / v1.48
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/DJSeriesInstall_1_48.pkg.zip

- Firmware updater improvement

Posté Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 2:59 am
Yep, updating drivers fixed the problem. I was freaking out last night until I noticed under mono separated output there was an option for the hercules so the sound card still worked. It was a close one, there were more people at the bar last night than ever before.

Posté Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 9:35 am
12%