Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 9

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ Vinny wrote :
Oh..One more question... I am going to use the RMX for a very small DJ setup.. RMX and Laptop in a case...thats it... What is your experience using the RMX directly to powered speakers or a house system? I noticed there are no line level indicators... How does one know if they are clipping etc?

Vince.

No easy answer on that one. The Phono/RCA ouptuts 1&2 are at line level so will go in to any home hifi setup or powered speakers - I have done both for garden parties.

As the output is line level, I'm not sure there is much damage you can do unless you turn the home amp up too much and most home amps don't trip when they are driven too hard... I'm sure others will correct me if I am wrong.

All I would say is try it out. My advice would be to set all the three volumes at 75% and the gains at top centre. Then try turning the amp up until you get distortion or until the system is loud enough - not the RMX volumes - the amp!

By setting the RMX volumes at 75% you have the flexibility to handle quieter tracks by being able to turn up the track volume and master as and when necessary. Also, when the party is in full swing and you need more volume, agains adjust the amp and not the RMX.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs...

Roy

Posté Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 9:45 am

Posté Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 10:52 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 1:01 pm
Nice Meter! I like to be able to visually watch the levels as my ears tend to fade as the night goes on! :-)

Now when I install the Hercules RMX and all the current drivers... will it install the Hercules Skin on VDJ 6.04 or does that not work well on this version?

Vin..

Posté Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 1:16 pm
Don't think the RMX/Steel skin is bundled with the software. Think you'll need to go to the skin download section.
I believe it's stated to work with V6.0+, so you should be ok, assuming it's available in a resolution that suits you.

Posté Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 2:59 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 3:24 pm
Awesome thank you!

Posté Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 3:45 pm
DJmga wrote :
Don't think the RMX/Steel skin is bundled with the software. Think you'll need to go to the skin download section.
I believe it's stated to work with V6.0+, so you should be ok, assuming it's available in a resolution that suits you.

RMX/Steel comes with the LE version with a discount if you upgrade to Pro.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 2:11 am
Thanks for the clarification Roy.

Posté Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 4:35 am
Im having an issue with the software. It will run fine for about 30-40 minutes, then the program freezes on me. I installed the console absolutely fine, everything works with it. It just craps out on me after a short period of time. Any ideas why?

Posté Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 3:28 am
Ok... Got my Hercules RMX in the mail today... A breeze to setup... Thanks to all on the install advice... you saved me possible pain.... Question?

With the Hercules RMX skin how do I play my samples...or assign one to one of the 6 keys? looking specifically for my siren sample.... is there a way to do it with this skin?

Also.. going to purchase a new case... any problem using this with the rack mount accessory or should this thing be kept in its nice case versus a rack case getting bumps on the road etc?

Thx.

Vin.

Posté Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 7:47 pm
DJ Vinny wrote :
With the Hercules RMX skin how do I play my samples...or assign one to one of the 6 keys? looking specifically for my siren sample.... is there a way to do it with this skin?

Good question, from the LE skin it doesn't look like you are able to. I don't like those skins anyway...

As a Pro User, I would use one of the other skins. Plus you can use the mapper to map those 6 keys to whatever you want...

DJ Vinny wrote :
Also.. going to purchase a new case... any problem using this with the rack mount accessory or should this thing be kept in its nice case versus a rack case getting bumps on the road etc?

I've got the rackmount kit and it went together easy. All the screws and spring washers are provided to connect the ears to the existing screw holes...

I wouldn't go back to a standalone setup now!

Roy

Posté Sat 05 Dec 09 @ 12:39 pm
I'm a bit of a rookie as I never used the mapper... How could i use that to program the 6 keys to whatever I want.. i.e how could i get the siren to on of the keys?

Posté Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 10:11 am
SCRATCH THE LAST QUESTION.. FIGURED IT OUT... NO PUN INTENDED...

VIN

Posté Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 12:21 pm
Getting message "Cannot Initialize Audio Output" when VDJ boots up... ???

Posté Sun 06 Dec 09 @ 12:43 pm
Hello DJ Vinny,

1) Does VirtualDJ play audio anyway or not?

2) Are you on PC or on Mac?
If you are on Mac, go in Apple > Preferences and don't choose DJ Console Rmx as default output for the operating system (it causes a conflict with VirtualDJ when the sound board setting in VirtualDJ is DJConsole Rmx).

3) Which version of VirtualDJ do you use (complete release number)?

4) What is the sound board setup in Config > Sound setup menu?
Is is
a) DJConsole Rmx with "Apply EQ on inputs" On
Then you should set your DJ Console Rmx in ASIO with DJ Console Rmx control panel (Audio Mode: WDM or ASIO)
b) DJConsole Rmx with "Apply EQ on inputs" Off
Then you should set your DJ Console Rmx in WDM with DJ Console Rmx control panel (Audio Mode: WDM or ASIO)
c) 4-out Card -> DJ Console Rmx
you should set your DJ Console Rmx in WDM with DJ Console Rmx control panel (Audio Mode: WDM or ASIO)
c) ASIO -> DJ Console Rmx
Then you should set your DJ Console Rmx in ASIO with DJ Console Rmx control panel (Audio Mode: WDM or ASIO).

Posté Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 3:13 am
Greetings
I have VDJ 6.0.4 and a new Hercules RMX with no problems (all the latest drivers). VDJ & the RMX perform Flawless at gigs.
On the downside I have not been able to play audio from an External Source (cd deck) through the RMX.
In the meantime I have connected an external mixer and run the RMX and cd deck through the mixer to work around the issue.
I'm wondering if there is a problem with the RMX (needs to be returned/exchanged) or a setting in the VDJ.

cd deck connected to input 1 with "Source 1" button pressed, NO audio
*"phono/line" switch with "line" selected, NO audio
*faders & volume main up, No audio
duplicated connections on "Source 2", NO audio
*on RMX Control Panel "line in/phono" selected

Dell Studio 1555
Intel dual core T6400 2.00 Ghz 4.00 GB RAM 500 GB HD (internal)
Vista 64 bit operating system

Posté Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 8:28 pm
Spinner,

As you have an external mixer, why not try the RMX in external mixer mode from the config. Oututs 1&2 and 3&4 are then seperated for you to use into your external mixer as indivdual channels and then use the crossfader on the mixer.

If you want to hook the CD players up to the external inputs on the RMX then you need to be using ASIO mode. However when I tried this with an SD-1 I had for backup, as soon as you lost VDJ you lost the external inputs as well.

This is the reason I have gone external mixer mode myself. Plus the mic on the RMX is the worst feature so using the mixer for CD's and mic would be your best option in my opinion.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 11:30 am
Roy,

I agree totally about the mic on the RMX because once its activated & the music drops so low it causes strange looks on the dancefloor?
i'll try using ASIO mode

GadgetMan wrote :
Spinner,

As you have an external mixer, why not try the RMX in external mixer mode from the config. Oututs 1&2 and 3&4 are then seperated for you to use into your external mixer as indivdual channels and then use the crossfader on the mixer.

If you want to hook the CD players up to the external inputs on the RMX then you need to be using ASIO mode. However when I tried this with an SD-1 I had for backup, as soon as you lost VDJ you lost the external inputs as well.

This is the reason I have gone external mixer mode myself. Plus the mic on the RMX is the worst feature so using the mixer for CD's and mic would be your best option in my opinion.

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 3:27 pm
when I change a song the gain control knob on the hercules dj console RMX becomes ineffective and have to turn the knob clockwise and counter clockwise 2-3 times to get it to work again. It happens everytime I load a new song. Happens on both the decks. Console drivers are the latest available on their site.
This is happening on my new laptop Dell studio Vista 64 bits - I have no problems with software and console on my old compoter with Window XP
Please help

Posté Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 5:07 am
21%