Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Need help with VDJscript please

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Greetings,

I'm a bit confused on using VDJscript. I need to modify my skin.

I am trying to fix an issue with loops not releasing when a hot cue is hit. I want to modify the skin's hot cue buttons to release the loop.

Do I modify the XML file for the skin, or does the script get put somewhere else? I've been experimenting with no luck yet.

All is ok with uncompressing the skin file to extract the graphics and XML file. And ok compressing it back.

Just a little stumped where to put the code. SBDJ suggested using "loop off & hot_cue 1" I just don't know where to put this.

Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

JimL

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:10 pm
If you're using a controller, Jimmy, you would put the command "loop off & hot_cue 1" in your controller mapper for the button that you intend to use (probably a hot cue button). I think that's what SBDJ was going for. In other words, it is NOT a skin command. However, you would be editing the xml file to modify skin actions, if that helps ;)

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:27 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
If you're using a controller, Jimmy, you would put the command "loop off & hot_cue 1" in your controller mapper for the button that you intend to use (probably a hot cue button). I think that's what SBDJ was going for. In other words, it is NOT a skin command. However, you would be editing the xml file to modify skin actions, if that helps ;)

Thanks DJD,

I have decent control of my Vestax VCI-100 with the new VDJ script utility. I'll be modifying the controller's cue buttons also. Right now I'm trying to learn how to make the skin's "hot cue" button release the loop. Do VDJscript verbs work in the skin's XML file?

I'm not at my VDJ pc right now, but last night when I was messing with the XML file and under the hot cue section, there is an "action" area for the button. I'm just not sure what VDJscript command syntax to put in that field to release the loop.

Regards,

Jim L

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:38 pm
Jim, use your mapper for the controller...Don't mess with the skin until you've exhausted all other options...TRUST ME!! You can be in a world of sh*t before you know it if you do.

Posté Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:47 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
Jim, use your mapper for the controller...Don't mess with the skin until you've exhausted all other options...TRUST ME!! You can be in a world of sh*t before you know it if you do.

Thanks DJD, Here on my home PC I don't use the controller. I'll get to modifying that eventually. It should be easy. Right now I'm focused on the skin.

Here is the section out of the XML skin file for the Hotcue.

## hotcues
<button action="hotcue" value="1" rightclick="auto" chan="1">
<pos x="277" y="241"/>
<size width="33" height="25"/>
<selected x="+0" y="+768"/>
<over x="+0" y="+1536"/>
<down x="+0" y="+2969"/>
</button>

I'm betting the button action="hotcue" needs modified to include: loop off. I just need to know the syntax.

"hotcue & loop off" - didn't work and greyed out the CUE 1 button when running the App.

I know I'm close.

I just found this verb: loop_exit : remove the loop. I'll try this next:

<button action="hotcue & loop_exit" value="1" rightclick="auto" chan="1">

I was just wondering if anybody ever worked with these XML files. It takes a lot of time to make a change, re-zip, launch the App & test.

Kinda tweaks me version 6.0.5 has this problem of not stopping a loop when the hotcue button is pressed. Previous versions worked fine. What the heck changed?

Any help Atomix?

regards,

JimL

Posté Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 12:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're trying to do it in the skin you need to be using a v6 skin. From the look of what you posted, that is a v5 skin. The only option is to use a v6 skin or to map a keyboard shortcut.

hot_cue 1 & loop off
hot_cue 1 & loop_exit

Those will both work fine. As I said above it needs to be a v6 skin (not just a v5 skin running on v6).

Posté Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 4:08 am
SBDJ wrote :
If you're trying to do it in the skin you need to be using a v6 skin. From the look of what you posted, that is a v5 skin. The only option is to use a v6 skin or to map a keyboard shortcut.

hot_cue 1 & loop off
hot_cue 1 & loop_exit

Those will both work fine. As I said above it needs to be a v6 skin (not just a v5 skin running on v6).

Thank You! Thank You! Thank YOU! SBDJ you got me fixed.

You were absolutely correct, I was using an older skin version Cioce's version 1.2

Now I'm using Cioce's version 2.3 (which is awesome) and it's working great with this fix.

One modification though. The syntax to make this work is:

hot_cue 1 & loop_exit 1

Here is the XML modification to have the Hot Cue's work and will exit a loop when pressed.

## hotcues + key

<button action="deck 1 hot_cue 1 & loop_exit 1" rightclick="holding ? deck 1 delete_cue 1 : deck 1 set_cue 1">
<pos x="265" y="186"/>
<size width="42" height="23"/>
<selected x="+0" y="+800"/>
<over x="+0" y="+1568"/>
<down x="+0" y="+3001"/>
<tooltip>deck 1 hot cue 1 / set / hold del</tooltip>
</button>

<textzone deck="1" rightclick="deck 1 cue_name 1">
<size width="39" height="12"/>
<pos x="266" y="209"/>
<text font="Arial" size="12" color="#008FFF" weight="bold" scroll="yes" align="right" format="%Ptocue1"/>
<text2 font="Arial" size="12" color="#008FFF" weight="bold" scroll="yes" align="right" format="%Pfromcue1"/>
<text3 font="Arial" size="12" color="#008FFF" weight="bold" scroll="yes" align="center" format="%Pnamecue1"/>
</textzone>

<button action="deck 1 hot_cue 2 & loop_exit 2" rightclick="holding ? deck 1 delete_cue 2 : deck 1 set_cue 2">
<pos x="265" y="226"/>
<over x="+0" y="+1568"/>
<down x="+0" y="+3001"/>
<tooltip>deck 1 hot cue 2 / set / hold del</tooltip>
</button>

<textzone deck="1" rightclick="deck 1 cue_name 2">
<size width="39" height="12"/>
<pos x="266" y="249"/>
<text font="Arial" size="12" color="#008FFF" weight="bold" scroll="yes" align="right" format="%Ptocue2"/>
<text2 font="Arial" size="12" color="#008FFF" weight="bold" scroll="yes" align="right" format="%Pfromcue2"/>
<text3 font="Arial" size="12" color="#008FFF" weight="bold" scroll="yes" align="center" format="%Pnamecue2"/>
</textzone>

<button action="deck 1 hot_cue 3 & loop_exit 3" rightclick="holding ? deck 1 delete_cue 3 : deck 1 set_cue 3">
<pos x="265" y="266"/>
<over x="+0" y="+1568"/>
<down x="+0" y="+3001"/>
<tooltip>deck 1 hot cue 3 / set / hold del</tooltip>
</button>

Deck 2 has to be done also, same structure.

We are jammin' now. Thanks again.

Jim Lawrence

Hockadeer !

Posté Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 2:23 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Glad you're sorted. Now you also know how to make other small tweaks too :)

Posté Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 6:12 am
Wow SBDJ ...did I make some tweaks. I use Cioce's skin and was able to revert the unload button back to original, and added the reverse button up where the timecode button would be if I used it. I'm so happy to get this skin just the way I like it.

I do have one question. When I go into a loop and hit reverse the song exits the loop envelope. Is there a way to say:

deck 1 reverse & if in loop stay in loop while reversed

Thanks for the help. You are indeed a guru.

JimL

Posté Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 4:18 am
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi Everybody

I´m playing live with backing Tracks on VDJ.
For Live-Performance it´s usefull to have additional information during Song-Playback.

So I use the "cue-name" to show "Intro" Refrain" "Bridge" "key-change to f minor"... etc

But the cue-names are soooooo small!
I can´t read them on stage.

I need biger cue names (may be on the video screen?)
Perhaps a little popup-Window with the cue names

I found the Action "get text" in the mapper. there is "Zeige Texte auf dem Display"
Where is this "Display" I ain´t see nothin!

Please help, my eyes are hurtin (from the small cue-names)

Thank You very much

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You may do 2 things.

Use a skin with cuenames display next to HotCues

Enlarge the font of the cuenames dsiplayed on the wave form.

Which skin do you use?

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:15 am
Hi DJDad

I use the normal VDJ7 Skin 1280x800.
I have no Idea how to change the fontsizes.
By the way it would be much better to show the cue-names on the videoscreen.
Because I´m performing on a second monitor with karaoke.

Anyway: Any help is welcome

Thanks a lot for the quick replay

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:34 am
First, there is no way you can display the cuenames on the video screen (2nd monitor)

VDJ ver 7 (2 decks) 1280X800 skin does not display any cuanames next to the HotCues buttons. So you have to download a different skin, there are so many in the Download Area and the majority of them do support cue names.

The least you can do for the Skin you use is to enlarge the font size of the cuenames displayed in the wave form (rhtyhm)

This is the part of the xml file
---- CUE MARKERS ------
<cue1>
<size width="1196" height="50"/>
<pos x="40" y="26"/>
<down x="40" y="1630"/>
<mask x="730" y="2395" width="13" height="14"/>
<text dx="9" dy="0" font="ARIAL GREEK" size="12" color="#B0E0FF"/>
</cue1>
<cue2>
<size width="1196" height="50"/>
<pos x="40" y="26"/>
<down x="40" y="2306"/>
<mask x="730" y="2395" width="13" height="14"/>
<text dx="9" dy="0" font="ARIAL GREEK" size="12" color="#FF6868"/>
</cue2>
</rhythm>

I have marked for you, with bold letters, the fontsize which you should enlarge. Try size="16" and if you still need larger try 18 or 20.
In order to make these changes, you must unzip the zip skin file in a folder. Edit the xml file (with Notepad), save, then zip again and replace it back to the VirtualDJ/Skins Folder.

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 12:00 pm
Could this be more useful ? In my opinion you need to view the cuenames, not only in the waveform but also next to hotcues. Very usefull. So in that case you will definetelly need another skin ..look like this maybe?

Search for TCmania V.2.1 in the Skin Download Area.

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 12:10 pm
Hi DJDAD

Thanks a lot for the fast answers.
It´s a really great feeling to get help on this way. Like a family :-)

I rezised the Cue Names in the Skin how You recommended.
With size 22 its good to read and it´s very helpfully.

To be prepared for the next solo it would be better to see the cue names somewhere freezed.

The Hotcues-Windows have 2 Problems:
They are to small (my hot cue-names look like "Refrain2 Transp to D-Minor" or "Solo Trumpet c-d-e-g-f")
They are just 4 (I use 7 cues Intro, Str1, Ref1, Str2, Ref2, Solo, last Ref)

I would make a small Window in a skin but this is definetly to hard for me to do.

Many Thanks

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 12:32 pm
I see. You certainely need a custom made skin for this job.

7 Hot cues.... hmmm i dont recall any skin with so many...anybody?
About the length of the cue_name, most of the skins (including mine) have scroll capability. Would that be helpful?

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 3:45 pm
Mine has 6 but I need to go back and revamp it for VDJ7, lol!!

Huey

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)