Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet SBDJ SlideShow v2 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Well for some odd reason I couldn't sleep at all tonight, so I decided to do some work updating my Slideshow plugin.

* You can now add/remove pictures to the folder dynamically - no need to reopen the folder or restart the plugin
* All code rewritten; drawing optimised slightly and threading put to a bit better use
* Some extra built in transitions apart from the standard issue fade; it will now also randomly choose between fade and a few (28 at present) variations on sliding in/out.

If you've got any requests for things that you would like to see, or things that are broken at present for you then now is the time to let me know so I can sort them :)

Regards,

Scott

Posté Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 1:14 am
Nice one Scott - you are a star and thanks for that.

Do you have a link to it as I cant find it in the downloads section.

Cheers

Colin

Posté Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 4:52 am
Sorry, I should have made my post clearer. I haven't published it yet, will undergo a round of testing before release :)

Posté Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 5:50 am
Hi Scott, a while back we spoke about the issue of when I close out the video after the use of your slideshow, and when I use my karaoke program following that, the program freezes. My karaoke program needs to have priority over the extended monitor (screen), and somehow when disabling the video (by clicking on the video portion of the skin, or disabling in the config) VDJ doesn't completely release its hold (priority) of the second screen. And I get the same result (a freeze-up; same as what I would get if I hadn't disabled the video at all) when i put a karaoke song on play.

Does this new version perhaps correct this.

Other effects I use work okay with the karaoke program as long as I always remember to disable the video before i play a karaoke song..

Posté Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 3:03 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey bryantpb

You should post this problem in the Video Freeze thread, the issue you talk about is what happens to me and alot of other people that the video doesn't release even if you try to turn it off manually, their may be something in the way you use the software that might lead to answers to help in resolving this issue.

Post it here they are monitoring this thread http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/120697/General_Discussion/Video_Freeze_Problem.html

Thanks

Joey....

Posté Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 8:58 pm
I'll see if I can test it out Bryan.

Couple more things added:

* Transparancy
* Disable/Enable VDJ video behind picture (behind transparency and outside picture boundaries)
* Ability to move image around

This means it could be used to display a sequence of logos/images on the screen without taking up the full video display :)

Only side affect of this is that you'll need extra browser space to see all the sliders lol. VDJ HiRes can do it, but standard and widescreen drop the transparency slider.

What I might do to work around this is only have the text display for settings only display for a few seconds after moving a slider, then revert to displaying the filename. Thoughts?

I've also rewritten the image indexing code; it's now truley dynamic - you don't have to wait for a sequence to complete as they are indexed on the fly.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or input? I'll be looking for testers shortly :)

Posté Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 10:44 am
Sounds awesome!

future suggestion (the only thing I could think of) is to have the slideshow somehow connected to the BPM of the active deck.. (or maybe pulled from the CBG?)
like a transition on every 4th or 8th beat (switchable?)

Posté Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 2:29 pm
Thats do-able, I can add that ;)

Posté Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 5:19 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Thats do-able, I can add that ;)

do you know, if you get that done, you just 'blew out of the water' the majority of Video Editing software out right now?!!
(in my opinion)

few months ago I was looking around for new video editing software, who's main purpose was to compose 'picture slide shows' for clients.
the new stuff out there does some amazingly cool things..
BUT Only one I found said it would "automatically set a slideshow to music by the beat"..
I go all excited until I downloaded the demo,...... (adobe premier elements)
and found out you have to PURCHASE & DOWNLOAD SPECIAL MUSIC FOR THAT FEATURE TO WORK... :-(

so ya :-)

HUGE karma towards you if you get that implemented!

Posté Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 6:22 pm
Already done it :)

You can now toggle whether the "delay" between picture changes is in seconds or in beats.

Any more for any more?

Posté Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 7:35 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Wow Scott, You're the Man!!!!

Joey....

Posté Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 1:46 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Already done it :)

You can now toggle whether the "delay" between picture changes is in seconds or in beats.

Any more for any more?

How about having the choice to display photos in order or in random order.

Posté Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 9:31 pm
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Please, put me down as a tester. I'd love to get creative implementing this to work with my new Bluetooth BD / Playstation remote device / mapper. I'm currently running and controlling both decks, mixer controls, video effects, loops, etc via this controller. So, when I'm not mixing I can step away and run visuals from anywhere in the room. A play a lot of slideshows form past events and would love an update!!!

-Sean / dJ dAb

Posté Thu 11 Feb 10 @ 11:52 pm
neiljames wrote :
How about having the choice to display photos in order or in random order.

Done :)

Posté Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 5:26 am
You are to cool!

When will you post it so I can use it?

Posté Sat 13 Feb 10 @ 4:36 pm
Really impatient to use it !

Posté Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 6:56 pm
When It's done.... All good things come to those who wait.

Posté Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 10:18 am
looking forward to the release of this, use the slideshow all the time at weddings and birthdays....the extra stuff in V2 is going to rock!!!

nice work!!!

Posté Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 8:42 am
Scott! Im getting A Nervous Rash allready My Boy! its this thing almost done? the thing about the control panel opening for a brief momement (on lower Resolution) skin sounds pretty ingenious actually!

Posté Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 7:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you change this?

I am running a slideshow, then let's say at the 5th picture, i realize that i need to change the speed. But when i do this, the slideshow starts from the begging.

Posté Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 6:22 pm
44%