Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet What Music To Play At A Fashion Show?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey guys, i recently booked a pretty big fashion show - first one ive ever done really.

when the topic of music came up, she wanted upbeat music, etc - then she was like, "yea you know, bollywood stuff."

I was like, really? lol

ive done bollywood/indian stuff before, but not like this. when i asked for an example of the type of music, she requested slumdog millionaire type of tracks, as well as the band - Bond - from the UK. No track can have lyrics.

I was stumped at this point. Can anyone help me with this stuff? haha

Thanks!

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 6:35 pm
Google is your friend.

That's all I got. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 8:03 pm
You need to ask her to be more specific. I always ask for a list of songs he/ she would like to hear

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 9:06 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Where in the states are you?
You can go to a indian community and pick up the latest Bollywood CD/DVD from the local video shop, in NYC I get them all the time even Karaoke Tracks which is audio only and the lyrics come printed.

Joey....

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 9:30 pm
Vogue type shit. "Im too sexy" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think house would be cool too.

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 9:51 pm
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Stripper music? Lol, anyway, like stated before google is your friend. Since she said "slumdog millionaire" type stuff, that is kind of a start. Get the soundtrack to that. Also, ever see "oceans twelve"? "the a la menthe" has a middle eastern feel to it (even if it is from a fench rap song). I have an extended instrumental of it but don't remember where I got it I will have to look. Ask her for a possible tracklist of what she is looking for to try and narrow your search.

Michael

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 10:34 pm
thanks for the responses. ive tried googling, but i dunno, shes pretty vague. she DOSNT want words in the music so im doing all like... house and instrumental bollywood music, but no trance.

this is bond - which she recommended

Posté Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 10:41 pm
I used to do a lot of fashion shows. Stick with uptempo instrumentals. Usually someone is narrating about the clothing on top of the music. Songs with vocals wash out the commentator.

Now Michelle she's wearing a button down blah blah blah.

J

Posté Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 4:21 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posté Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 5:04 am
Emusic is good for bollywood tracks that you may not find on itunes etc.

Posté Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 2:50 pm
Take a look on Fashion TV, that can be a inspiration.

Posté Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 2:59 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)