Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet user admin

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Create a tab under "config" that has the capability to "lock" an employee from being able to
rename/delete mp3's or ceate/alter folders.
I've only seen this feature on BPM Studio and no other DJ software.

Posté Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 9:09 am
Well, it sounds interested for me too.

Why?
Because in some places djs share the same pc and you can imagine if you share your workspace and a stranger begins to rename, delete and make a mess with your files.

Posté Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 10:43 am
If they are your tunes, why are you leaving them somewhere others can use/mess with them. VDJ supports hot swapping of external drives so you can plug/unplug mid session.

I wouldn't leave my music for other people to access. If you purchased it, it's your responsibility to make sure it's safe and out of harms way.

Leaving it on a shared computer is not my idea of responsible...

Roy

Posté Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 2:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The NTFS file system in windows already has this ability built in, it can control permissions over folders to make them read only (or varied permissions) on a per user/group basis.

Posté Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 4:49 pm
I have just tried and actually what SBDJ suggested to do it's right:
try to right-click on the folder which contains your music files, select read-only and then try to rename by VDJ one of your file; you will get "are you sure you want to rename this read-only file?"
Let's say is a first way to protect your files.

In addition, I can suggest to you:
to install in your machine Norton Go-back (or similar): this software will help you to keep your file as you had at the moment you switched on your computer. When you reboot your system and, for example, you've deleted files on your system, this application automatically will restore them exactly as you had before the previous restart.

Posté Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 7:38 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
How would you setup permission with a password to copy or move a file?

Is this possible?

Joey....

Posté Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 8:36 pm
Not using file permissions - if you can play a file you can copy it - permissions don't differentiate between the two since a copy is a read.

There may be aftermarket software that can do this, but as has been proved by DRM circumvention there is nearly always a way around - even if it's to rip via analogue.

Posté Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 8:48 pm
That's what I thought but, what the heck, I'll ask anyway...

With constantly changing technology you never know....

Thanks Scott

Joey...

Posté Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 9:06 pm
There's an entire range of software titles that will do just this: Protect your files from been copied e.t.c. I know software titles that lock the USB HDD's others that lock the CD-RW, the lan, e.t.c.... You can find many apps dedicated to data protection if that's what you need.

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 11:15 am
Could you recommend one or a link to one?

Thanks
Joey...

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 11:43 am

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 11:59 am
As I say though - if someone wants the file then if they can play it then they can copy it ;)

Posté Sun 05 Sep 10 @ 12:15 pm
:) True, but even with "live" ripping they'll be able to "copy" just a few tracks within a given time limit... :)

Posté Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 4:35 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)