Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Advanced Mapping Verbs/Swap Decks - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
For those of you with an RMX, Steel, VMS4 or any other 2 deck controller that would like to control 4 decks in VirtualDJ you will need to add some mapping to do so.

Now keep in mind that you can only control 2 decks at a time but using the code I will put below you can assign a button on your controller to swap from Deck 1 to 3 and from Deck 2 to 4.

I have used the button pitch bend + and - on the VMS4. But you can use any button you like.

Used for Deck 1 and 3

device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

Used for Deck 2 and 4

device_side 'left' ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select

Posté Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:59 am
GRACIAS lo he configurado para la xponent funciona

Posté Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 11:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Very usefull infos DjHomeboy. Many users are asking the same questions all the time..

ok..let me add this also..

You can also make this happen with just 1 button at each side of the controller, using this..

device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select  : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select  : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select :deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

Posté Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 2:31 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
A SUPER selection button script that select focus between loaded decks only and also toggles left-right assignment:

Quote :

deck active select & deck default loaded ? deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck : deck active select & deck default loaded ? deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck : deck active select & deck default loaded ? deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck : deck active select & deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck

This only works on 4 decks skin and controller must be assigned to left & right. But you can assign it to any button and it works very very well! :)

I suggest that there would be a dedicated forum for script help only.

Posté Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 2:35 pm
and a few more ..
In case those buttons do not respond different (not left-right side), meaning that they are in the middle or there are Single Controller buttons like CDJ400 you can assign these..

Shortcut 1 (to switch between deck 1 & deck 3)

deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck left select : deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck left select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck left select

Shortcut 2 (to switch between deck 2 & deck 4)
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck right select : deck 4 rightdeck ? deck 2 rightdeck & deck right select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck right select 

Further on that, if you need also to assign each of the left decks to leftcross (crossfader) and leftvideo (video crossfader)
try these..

Shortcut 1
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck left select & deck 3 leftvideo & deck 3 leftcross 'only' : deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck left select & deck 1 leftcross 'only' & deck 1 leftvideo: deck 1 leftdeck & deck left select & deck 1 leftvideo & deck 1 leftcross 'only'

..and for the right side...
Shortcut 2

deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck right select & deck 4 rightvideo & deck 4 rightcross 'only' : deck 4 rightdeck ? deck 2 rightdeck & deck right select & deck 2 rightcross 'only' & deck 2 rightvideo : deck 2 rightdeck & deck right select & deck 2 rightvideo & deck 2 rightcross 'only'

I will add propably more.. lets gather them all in one place !

Posté Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 2:38 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Homeboy wrote :
For those of you with an RMX, Steel, VMS4 or any other 2 deck controller that would like to control 4 decks in VirtualDJ you will need to add some mapping to do so.

Now keep in mind that you can only control 2 decks at a time but using the code I will put below you can assign a button on your controller to swap from Deck 1 to 3 and from Deck 2 to 4.

I have used the button pitch bend + and - on the VMS4. But you can use any button you like.

Used for Deck 1 and 3

device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

Used for Deck 2 and 4

device_side 'left' ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select

Hello Neighbour,

I want to try your suggested command of flipping between decks, but everytime I rescan for new devices and clicking ok, my Xponent is not available anymore. Any idea why this is happening?

DJ Jodi

Posté Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 9:22 pm
Hey DJhomeboy and DJDAD, I asked this very same question on the VMS4 discussion thread earlier. I was trying to use the mapper to map the + & - Pitch bend buttons on the right and left decks of the VMS4 to switch between decks but it didn't work. Sounds like you have the solution, but where exactly do I put that little bit of code?

Posté Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 11:16 pm
thought i'd add this for anyone wanting to map 4 decks to 2 cdj400's. i have it mapped to the eject button so that the left cdj swaps between decks 1&3 and the right cdj decks 2&4:

action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 1 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 1 & deck 2 rightdeck : action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 2 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 2 & deck 1 leftdeck

Posté Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 1:46 am
Where do you put the code to make these changes?

Posté Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 1:59 am
Does this also swap the timecode control to the active deck only?

Posté Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 5:59 am
blaide13 wrote :
Where do you put the code to make these changes?

Open VirtualDJ. Go to config. Click mappers. Make sure the device you are mapping is listed in the drop down menu. Press the green plus symbol to tell VirtualDJ to listen for a midi button. Press the button you are mapping to swap 1 and 3. Paste the first line of text into the action box. Now do the exact same thing for 2 and 4, pasting the 2nd line of text.

Posté Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:24 am
pepesicatdizon wrote :
DJ Homeboy wrote :

Used for Deck 1 and 3

Used for Deck 2 and 4

Hello Neighbour,

I want to try your suggested command of flipping between decks, but everytime I rescan for new devices and clicking ok, my Xponent is not available anymore. Any idea why this is happening?

DJ Jodi

Have you installed a new custom mapper for it from the site? If so remove it from the devices folder and re-launch VirtualDJ. Is it recognized?

Posté Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:25 am
Actually it's the definition file the one you have to move from the VirtualdJ/devices folder in order to work.

Posté Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 10:44 am
Here's one mapper I'd be interested in, especially with the 6 deck skin (and in the future for those who go beyond 6)

What I'd like is a "Deck Scroll" capability. The ability to use three (I think three would be safest) buttons to scroll through the various decks so that on a two deck controller you can assign any deck to the left or right deck.

So using the VMS4 and pitch bend keys as an example, each press on '+' would take you to the next deck. Pressing the thrid button would then assign it to the appropriate side. '-' would obviously do the reverse.

Or maybe the effect knob would be more appropriate SHIFT+TURN to choose deck, SHIFT+PRESS to assign.

One thing though. Would VDJ realise if you scrolled to the other assigned deck and allow you to skip over it? Can this be achieved in script?

Just need to think about what button to use as the assign button...

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 11:34 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
jaakko wrote :

I suggest that there would be a dedicated forum for script help only.

Excellent idea. Hopefully this will happen. Although there is also the wiki where people can add extra examples but a dedicated forum would be great from a Q&A perspective.

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 6:19 am
@ DjHomeboy, would this code work with the Numark NDX 800's? But but but, I'm not using timecode cd's. My decks are full USB MIDI. I know how to assign the buttons but I suck @ script writing...:(

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:42 am
doandtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What about mapping for the Hercules DJ control MP3 would the script be the same if i want to map it to the master tempo button?

Posté Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 2:21 pm
Yes, but you will have to use the script of the 3rd post with one button use.

Posté Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 4:20 pm
Hi DJhomeboy, I tried your code for using the Pitch BEND + and - buttons, but it didn't totally work. I clicked the green plus sign in the mapper page, then pressed the left deck - button and then typed in the entire code you listed for decks 1 and 3 and then repeated the process for the + button. Then I repeated this process again on the 2 right deck buttons. When I try it, I can only access decks three and four. I press the left deck Pitch Bend - or + button and deck three along with the cue button light up. I can not access or switch to deck one on the left side. Same situation with the right side. I click pitch bend + or - and it only highlights deck 4 and the deck 4 cue. Help.

Posté Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 2:16 am
Heeey!!! It only works for decks 1,3,4(For me). Deck 2 seems to be not assigned to that. Please help!!!!!!!

Posté Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 1:24 pm
19%